The Official October 2015 Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

How many PTs have you done? (timed)

0+
4%
5+
10%
10+
21%
15+
12%
20+
17%
25+
7%
30+
2%
35+
27%

Total votes: 121

imDEREK

New

Re: The Official October 2015 Study Group

Post by imDEREK » Wed May 13, 2015 2:17 pm

I signed up for the June exam, but pending great improvements by May 21 will postpone to October.
I have been anxious about finding employment on land that will allow me time to study.

I completed the LGB and found it only ok...
Same verdict for the Trainer...maybe the second time through will be more insightful.
I did sign up for the 179 package on 7sage; I really like this, the videos keep me engaged.

I bought practice tests on Amazon, and they were slightly used. One previous owner was very astute, while the other, well....LOTS of wrong answers.

Cochran

Bronze

Post by Cochran » Wed May 13, 2015 2:39 pm

imDEREK wrote:I signed up for the June exam, but pending great improvements by May 21 will postpone to October.
I have been anxious about finding employment on land that will allow me time to study.

I completed the LGB and found it only ok...
Same verdict for the Trainer...maybe the second time through will be more insightful.
I did sign up for the 179 package on 7sage; I really like this, the videos keep me engaged.

I bought practice tests on Amazon, and they were slightly used. One previous owner was very astute, while the other, well....LOTS of wrong answers.
I'm in the same boat man, and have just decided to go ahead and prepare for Oct. 2015 instead. But I highly recommend that you use Cambridge for LSAT PTs. Not only are they cheaper than getting the hard copy on amazon, they're downloads, so you can re-print clean copies to your hearts content. http://www.cambridgelsat.com/

I'll use this as my check-in, shout out to the 2015 October lsat takers!

mysojuli

New

Post by mysojuli » Wed May 13, 2015 5:38 pm

I just signed up for the 7sage course! I usually get -4 on RC and -6 On LG but I get -19 on LR.... I'm hoping that the course can help me get better at LR...I'm sure with 22.5 weeks I can get my LR score down

Materials I already have.....(Please note I'm the type of person to buy EVERYTHING....)

I originally got Powerscore and didn't like how they explained the material, then switched to Manhattan/mike trainer...

Powerscore LG Bible
Blueprint LG Book Finished love this book!!!
Powerscore LR Bible
Manhattan LR Book
Manhattan RC Book
Mike Trainer Almost Finished
Cambridge Bundle 1-38
LG Tests #1-74

ariaaaa

New

Post by ariaaaa » Wed May 13, 2015 5:46 pm

Hey Guys! Just checking in!

I just took the June 2007 today as a diagnostic with minimal/no preparation beforehand and scored a 155 with pretty even numbers of incorrect answers across the sections. That terrifies me because i'm really aiming for around a 175+.

I have the powerscore bibles for LG and LR already and most of the PTs with the LSAT Trainer coming from amazon soon. Is there anything else I should pick up?

Really excited to get on this grind train, so much to do before October aaahh! :)

georgie2006

New

Post by georgie2006 » Wed May 13, 2015 5:50 pm

Anyone here from the SoCal--particularly Orange County--area that would like to form a study group?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

mysojuli

New

Post by mysojuli » Wed May 13, 2015 5:56 pm

ariaaaa wrote:Hey Guys! Just checking in!

I just took the June 2007 today as a diagnostic with minimal/no preparation beforehand and scored a 155 with pretty even numbers of incorrect answers across the sections. That terrifies me because i'm really aiming for around a 175+.

I have the powerscore bibles for LG and LR already and most of the PTs with the LSAT Trainer coming from amazon soon. Is there anything else I should pick up?

Really excited to get on this grind train, so much to do before October aaahh! :)
You have the powerscore bibles..but I really really lOVED the blueprint book. It was super helpful, and quite funny too! I would reccomend looking into getting it. It was easy getting through the book since it had pictures and jokes on every page. It also helped me remembered some rules since they made a joke comparing grouping rules with bad relationships... :lol: :lol: :lol: not sure why...but after that lesson comparing grouping rules with bad relationships it really helped me get my grouping games down!

ariaaaa

New

Post by ariaaaa » Wed May 13, 2015 6:21 pm

mysojuli wrote:

You have the powerscore bibles..but I really really lOVED the blueprint book. It was super helpful, and quite funny too! I would reccomend looking into getting it. It was easy getting through the book since it had pictures and jokes on every page. It also helped me remembered some rules since they made a joke comparing grouping rules with bad relationships... :lol: :lol: :lol: not sure why...but after that lesson comparing grouping rules with bad relationships it really helped me get my grouping games down!
Ahhh that sounds like so much fun! I'll definitely look into it, and the Manhattan set as well since i've heard good things about that, but i'm starting to wonder if ordering all these books and having all these tests is overkill hahaha. Nonetheless it makes me feel better so away we go! Thanks for the tip!

The Abyss

Gold

Post by The Abyss » Wed May 13, 2015 9:20 pm

ariaaaa wrote:
mysojuli wrote:

Ahhh that sounds like so much fun! I'll definitely look into it, and the Manhattan set as well since i've heard good things about that, but i'm starting to wonder if ordering all these books and having all these tests is overkill hahaha. Nonetheless it makes me feel better so away we go! Thanks for the tip!
I definitely recommend Manhattan for LR and RC. Also, don't worry about the 155 diagnostic as that's a pretty good starting point. With hard work, 170+ is definitely possible. If you have most of the PTs already, I would recommend getting the Cambridge LR, LG, and RC packets that are divided up by question/game/passage type. Drilling questions, by type, is the most important part of LSAT prep.

imDEREK

New

Post by imDEREK » Thu May 14, 2015 1:29 am

georgie2006 wrote:Anyone here from the SoCal--particularly Orange County--area that would like to form a study group?
I am in San Diego

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ariaaaa

New

Post by ariaaaa » Thu May 14, 2015 11:36 am

The Abyss wrote:
ariaaaa wrote:
mysojuli wrote:

I definitely recommend Manhattan for LR and RC. Also, don't worry about the 155 diagnostic as that's a pretty good starting point. With hard work, 170+ is definitely possible. If you have most of the PTs already, I would recommend getting the Cambridge LR, LG, and RC packets that are divided up by question/game/passage type. Drilling questions, by type, is the most important part of LSAT prep.
ahh perfect! I really wanted to hear something like that from someone in a forum or whatnot rather than just amazon before I bought it! I think i'm going to wait until my LSAT Trainer comes in and then go ahead and order it. Ahhh lofty lofty goals and so little time! YAY

smithk

New

Post by smithk » Thu May 14, 2015 2:13 pm

Last edited by smithk on Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

pittsburghpirates

Silver

Post removed.

Post by pittsburghpirates » Thu May 14, 2015 2:54 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by pittsburghpirates on Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

i_wish_i_was_smart

Bronze

Post removed...

Post by i_wish_i_was_smart » Thu May 14, 2015 3:01 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by i_wish_i_was_smart on Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Secretjuly

New

Post by Secretjuly » Thu May 14, 2015 6:26 pm

Checkin in taking it for the first time in October.

Here is my study thread, http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 6&t=247966 I already made it before I saw this :(

Cheers to everyone

mornincounselor

Silver

Post removed.

Post by mornincounselor » Fri May 15, 2015 3:21 am

Post removed.
Last edited by mornincounselor on Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ariaaaa

New

Post by ariaaaa » Fri May 15, 2015 2:04 pm

For people that have been studying much longer than I have--what order do you recommend going through the books in? I just got the LSAT Trainer today and i'm debating between finishing the PowerScore bibles and then starting that or going through the Trainer first and then moving on to the PowerScore and Manhattan.

Does it even matter?

HMinAZ

New

Post by HMinAZ » Fri May 15, 2015 2:17 pm

Has anyone used the prep course LSATMax? I've also seen good reviews for Blueprint but I'm still on the fence as to which prep course I want to purchase. I'm trying to narrow down my choice of LSAT prep course by this weekend.
Last edited by HMinAZ on Fri May 15, 2015 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

179orBust

Bronze

Post by 179orBust » Fri May 15, 2015 2:38 pm

HMinAZ wrote:Has anyone used the prep course LSATMax? I've also seen good reviews for Blueprint but I'm still on the fence at to which prep course I want to purchase. I'm trying to narrow down my choice of LSAT prep course by this weekend.
Never even heard of it, which isn't really a good thing. If I were you I'd go with 7sage or Velocity. Both seem to be really good and relatively cheap compared to other courses.

179orBust

Bronze

Post by 179orBust » Fri May 15, 2015 2:39 pm

HMinAZ wrote:Has anyone used the prep course LSATMax? I've also seen good reviews for Blueprint but I'm still on the fence at to which prep course I want to purchase. I'm trying to narrow down my choice of LSAT prep course by this weekend.
Never even heard of it, which isn't really a good thing. If I were you I'd go with 7sage or Velocity. Both seem to be really good and relatively cheap compared to other courses.

ariaaaa

New

Post by ariaaaa » Fri May 15, 2015 7:01 pm

HMinAZ wrote:Has anyone used the prep course LSATMax? I've also seen good reviews for Blueprint but I'm still on the fence as to which prep course I want to purchase. I'm trying to narrow down my choice of LSAT prep course by this weekend.
I have the free version of the app on my phone, perhaps check out the free content and see if their method of instruction works for you!

pittsburghpirates

Silver

Post removed.

Post by pittsburghpirates » Fri May 15, 2015 8:26 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by pittsburghpirates on Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

PoCaha

New

Post by PoCaha » Fri May 15, 2015 9:37 pm

Oct 03, 2015 registration is now open.

ngogirl12

Silver

Post by ngogirl12 » Fri May 15, 2015 9:55 pm

i_wish_i_was_smart wrote:Do you guys recommend buying all the Cambridge LR packets ? I have PTs 1-38 already so I don't want to waste my money. I'm leaning toward buying only the Difficult Questions packet. Thoughts?
I only purchased 1-38 for LR, RC, and the LG books volumes 1 and 2 (in pdf form). I will use them to drill as I go through the material, and on problem areas notified to me through my practice tests. I don't plan on purchasing additional material from them because I think I will use the rest of the preptests as actual tests to gauge my progress.

I don't know if the above is helpful, but it is my two cents!!

appind

Gold

Post by appind » Sat May 16, 2015 1:54 am

October/Dec 2015 registration is now open

anyone find that various test centers are missing?

Santa Clara university has been a regular test center for Oct/Dec/Feb administrations but it ain't on the list.

ngogirl12

Silver

Post by ngogirl12 » Sat May 16, 2015 11:47 am

Does anyone know if there is a site or thread where test centers are rated? I don't know where I am going to be location wise come October and want to make sure I get a good center..

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”