Prep alongside work

Happy Panda

Prep alongside work

Postby Happy Panda » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:28 am

Hello everyone
I am working full time as a law clerk in my country and aiming for the October 2015 LSAT. Could you please suggest me good resources to start preparing? I had taken blueprint's course, my online subscription has expired and I managed to do only 70 percent of their LR lessons and practice sheets alongside my job. I am thinking of not paying another 250 + dollars to renew my subscription with blueprint till June. I have powerscore lg and lr bibles and some PTs. Any help and leads regarding the preferable resources will be much appreciated.

nhberk

Re: Prep alongside work

Postby nhberk » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:38 am

I took a blueprint course myself that started after the September 2014 LSAT, and i have been self studying with plans to take the June 2015 LSAT. Don't extend your account, its not worth it. I highly recommend Manhattan LSAT's Logical Reasoning Book, i just recently have been going through it and its amazing. I wish i had read it earlier. I personally haven't read the powerscore books yet, but i've heard they're amazing and i plan on going through them after i'm done going through the MLSAT stuff.

Invest in the Cambridge Drill packs as well for LR and LG. For LG make sure to make photocopies of each game so you have the opportunity to repeat them until you're getting them all correct and in good time depending on the difficulty level. A great resource for LG explanations is 7Sage, they offer free video explanations for all of the logic games & for the majority of them the instructor J.Y. will tell you what time you should be expecting to finish them by (http://www.7sage.com/logic-game-explanations/).

Also most important thing to do after every timed section and practice test is Blind Review (http://7sage.com/the-blind-review-how-t ... at-part-1/). It will be a lot more time consuming and you'll be itching to just skip it and find out the answer, but be patient and really break the questions down, affirm it out loud or write out your reasoning as to why you're picking a specific answer choice and also have a concrete reason for dismissing what you believe to be the wrong answer choices. Then when you check the answer, you'll either boost your confidence level on that question type or you'll be given an amazing opportunity to learn from your mistake and eliminate the false reasoning you used, while replacing it with the correct reasoning. If you don't know why the correct answer is wrong or you just want another perspective you can refer to the Manhanttan LSAT Blog where they have explanations for all of the PTs (http://www.manhattanprep.com/lsat/blog/ ... lanations/).

Oh and Last thing, before your account on blueprint expires, go on their extra preptests page and print out all of them or save them as pdfs to print later. Blueprint uses questions from most of the preptests, making them less adequate in terms of getting an accurate score, so you want to have a list of the completely fresh preptests that haven't been touched. That list on the blueprint extra exams page will provide you with the exams that they haven't used in their course. Make sure to use those sparingly too, you don't want to burn through those too quickly and then be left without a means to gauge your score before the test, or if you end up having to take the December 2015 LSAT, you'd have some fresh backups.

Also print out their extra practice problems, it's similar to the cambridge sets.

I hope this helps, and good luck =)

Happy Panda

Re: Prep alongside work

Postby Happy Panda » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:04 am

Thank you so much for all the helpful info :)

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”