Manhattan LSAT books, 3rd or 4th Edition.

Secretjuly

Manhattan LSAT books, 3rd or 4th Edition.

Postby Secretjuly » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:12 pm

Considering my GPA is a 3.5 and I really want to get into Cornell or UT Austin I know I need to kill it on the LSAT. For that reason I don't mind spending my hard earned cash on LSAT prep materials. This does not mean though I want to spend the extra cash without doing some research

On Amazon I can get the Manhattan bundle for around 70-80 dollars, but it is the 3rd edition.

On the other hand I can get the 4th edition from the Manhattan website. It also comes with other things (taken from the website)
    three free LSAT INTERACT™ Lessons - Called “the best self study method out right now”, our dynamic digital learning platform will help you kickstart your studies.
    Full access to Manhattan LSAT's proprietary analysis tool, LSAT Tracker, allowing you to watch your progress and pinpoint your strengths and weaknesses
    A self-study syllabus to help your organize your studies.

I was wondering is the 4th edition worth it, or would the 3rd edition suffice

Dr. Nefario

Re: Manhattan LSAT books, 3rd or 4th Edition.

Postby Dr. Nefario » Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:12 am

Secretjuly wrote:Considering my GPA is a 3.5 and I really want to get into Cornell or UT Austin I know I need to kill it on the LSAT. For that reason I don't mind spending my hard earned cash on LSAT prep materials. This does not mean though I want to spend the extra cash without doing some research

On Amazon I can get the Manhattan bundle for around 70-80 dollars, but it is the 3rd edition.

On the other hand I can get the 4th edition from the Manhattan website. It also comes with other things (taken from the website)
    three free LSAT INTERACT™ Lessons - Called “the best self study method out right now”, our dynamic digital learning platform will help you kickstart your studies.
    Full access to Manhattan LSAT's proprietary analysis tool, LSAT Tracker, allowing you to watch your progress and pinpoint your strengths and weaknesses

I think the cheaper route would be better. Not much changes in the books AFAIK. One guy said he was using 2009 PS books so I don't see why one year older Manhattan would make a difference

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:25 am

RaiderRed wrote:
Secretjuly wrote:Considering my GPA is a 3.5 and I really want to get into Cornell or UT Austin I know I need to kill it on the LSAT. For that reason I don't mind spending my hard earned cash on LSAT prep materials. This does not mean though I want to spend the extra cash without doing some research

I think the cheaper route would be better. Not much changes in the books AFAIK. One guy said he was using 2009 PS books so I don't see why one year older Manhattan would make a difference

assuming 1 edition = 1 year :P

though the older edition would probably be plenty good... what kind of price difference is there?

Secretjuly

Postby Secretjuly » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:13 pm

Smallville wrote:
RaiderRed wrote:

though the older edition would probably be plenty good... what kind of price difference is there?

the 3rd edition for all three books on amazon is around 70 dollars maybe a tad more by a couple dollars

the 4th edition for all three books is 130$

Dr. Nefario

Postby Dr. Nefario » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:29 pm

Secretjuly wrote:
Smallville wrote:
RaiderRed wrote:

the 3rd edition for all three books on amazon is around 70 dollars maybe a tad more by a couple dollars

the 4th edition for all three books is 130$

If go third edition of it's that big a difference. Only thing that should've changed may be a few questions used.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”