Getting started

baileybd2

Getting started

Postby baileybd2 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:11 pm

Good afternoon everyone on TLS, (or morning if you're on the west coast)

I have recently acquired some lsat prep books for free from some very generous classmates who have taken the lsat and will be going away to school in the fall. The reason for my post is to try and connect with people on here about some sound advice on where to get started in studying. I am currently a junior, majoring in political science and taking 16 credits this semester. So, not a light load but not to heavy either. If those of you who would feel so inclined to tell me about your personal experiences with taking lsat prep courses (online or in class), best company for books, study techniques you had while in school, etc would be greatly appreciated. Would also be willing to exchange emails for more one on one if that's ok with you. Thank you for your time. Hope everyones having a good day as well.

cmscott12

Re: Getting started

Postby cmscott12 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:24 pm

7Sage.

Go slow and steady. Give yourself plenty of time (4-6 Months) and make sure you don't get burned out.

You should follow this progression:
Learn The Concepts ----> Practive Individual Question Types & Focus On Timing -----> Take Full Timed Practice Tests.

Bottom line: Just get 7Sage and do everything they say.

baileybd2

Postby baileybd2 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:31 pm

cmscott12 wrote:7Sage.

Go slow and steady. Give yourself plenty of time (4-6 Months) and make sure you don't get burned out.

Learn The Concepts ----> Practive Individual Question Types & Focus On Timing -----> Take Full Timed Practice Tests.

Thank you for replying, if you don't mind me asking. Why 7sage? I assume you had a positive experience with them?

nlee10

Postby nlee10 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:45 pm

baileybd2 wrote:

Thank you for replying, if you don't mind me asking. Why 7sage? I assume you had a positive experience with them?

They are very affordable versus other well-known prep companies out there (Blueprint, Testmasters, Manhattan).

Also, don't burn through full PT's (practice tests) until you have mastered the basics.

baileybd2

Postby baileybd2 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:46 pm

nlee10 wrote:
baileybd2 wrote:

They are very affordable versus other well-known prep companies out there (Blueprint, Testmasters, Manhattan).

Also, don't burn through full PT's (practice tests) until you have mastered the basics.

So given that logic (which at the moment I am agreeing with) because 7sage seems very affordable and since I would be starting dry I think something affordable might be better at the moment

nlee10

Postby nlee10 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:51 pm

baileybd2 wrote:So given that logic (which at the moment I am agreeing with) because 7sage seems very affordable and since I would be starting dry I think something affordable might be better at the moment

Yeah and IMO don't think you're missing much if you skip out on a live course. There's so many resources out there (TLS/7Sage discussion board/Manhattan forums) that you can find explanations to most of your questions.

baileybd2

Postby baileybd2 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:05 pm

nlee10 wrote:
baileybd2 wrote:So given that logic (which at the moment I am agreeing with) because 7sage seems very affordable and since I would be starting dry I think something affordable might be better at the moment

Yeah and IMO don't think you're missing much if you skip out on a live course. There's so many resources out there (TLS/7Sage discussion board/Manhattan forums) that you can find explanations to most of your questions.

Well I greatly appreciate your advice, I don't think at this time in class would be good for me. But I think I'm going to go with 7 sage at the moment because I have the money

baileybd2

Postby baileybd2 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:30 pm

Anyone else with ideas on prep courses?

GameOfLoans

Postby GameOfLoans » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:28 pm

i'd say 7sage or powerscore

baileybd2

Postby baileybd2 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:14 pm

GameOfLoans wrote:i'd say 7sage or powerscore

Have you had experiences with either of them?

Edit: A+ username!

Rigo

Postby Rigo » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:29 pm

I like 7 Sage for LG and Velocity for LR & RC if you were going to take a course.
Powerscore Bible is also good for LG, whereas Manhattan and The Trainer are good for LR.
You'll kind of have to try a lot of stuff out to see what clicks for you.

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:52 pm

Just do velocity lsat, seriously.

baileybd2

Postby baileybd2 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:22 am

Thank you for all the replies. I was actually given the powerscore logic games bible from a friend along with 5 other books. Sounds like 7sage is still the front runner.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”