Februrary 2015 LSAT in East Asia

AccountExpired

Februrary 2015 LSAT in East Asia

Postby AccountExpired » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:46 am

Just finished the test in East Asia. Had LR LG LR LR RC. Anyone please provide some clue on which LR is experiemental :)

GameOfLoans

Re: Februrary 2015 LSAT in East Asia

Postby GameOfLoans » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:07 am

Check out the waiters

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=243412

You may or may not have had the exact same test as many others, the experimental varied a bit. That is the same set up as mine and I found the THIRD LR was the experimental.

AccountExpired

Postby AccountExpired » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:15 am

GameOfLoans wrote:Check out the waiters

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=243412

You may or may not have had the exact same test as many others, the experimental varied a bit. That is the same set up as mine and I found the THIRD LR was the experimental.

Thanks! I already took a look at the thread, but the test is East Asia is different from the one in NA.

Postby 2226869301 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:14 am

I finished the test in East Asia just now.

I had two RC sections, and I bombed one of them. I can't figure out which is experimental. :(
It'd be great if East Asia test takers get to know which section is experimental like North Americans do. I might decide to cancel.

Sorry OP, I don't remember anything about my only LG section, which is my first section. I was inexplicably transfixed for a minute at the beginning, but I managed to hurriedly answer all questions. Might have made a ton of mistakes though.

Both my LR sections was OK. Though, due to time limit, I had to skip through reading a dozen choices when I felt I got the correct answer already. Hopefully there weren't too many trick questions.

AccountExpired

Postby AccountExpired » Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:07 am

2226869301 wrote:I finished the test in East Asia just now.

I had two RC sections, and I bombed one of them. I can't figure out which is experimental. :(
It'd be great if East Asia test takers get to know which section is experimental like North Americans do. I might decide to cancel.

Sorry OP, I don't remember anything about my only LG section, which is my first section. I was inexplicably transfixed for a minute at the beginning, but I managed to hurriedly answer all questions. Might have made a ton of mistakes though.

Both my LR sections was OK. Though, due to time limit, I had to skip through reading a dozen choices when I felt I got the correct answer already. Hopefully there weren't too many trick questions.

The real RC is with a passage about fisheries protection, which I think is relatively easy. Hope you went well with the real one :)

The 3 LR sections I have: one has 25 questions with a question about time travelling; one has 26 questions with one talking about a newspaper shifting their support for candidates; another with 25 questions but I cannot recall anything. Do you happen to tell which one is experimental?

Postby 2226869301 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:30 am

AccountExpired wrote:

The real RC is with a passage about fisheries protection, which I think is relatively easy. Hope you went well with the real one :)

The 3 LR sections I have: one has 25 questions with a question about time travelling; one has 26 questions with one talking about a newspaper shifting their support for candidates; another with 25 questions but I cannot recall anything. Do you happen to tell which one is experimental?
Time travelling and candidate-newspaper are both real, I remember clearly.
I am having great trouble figuring out two RCs though.
Maybe, if I know the topic to all 8 articles I'd recall which one I bombed. Appreciate any help.
So far, I am sure the article on native american tribes suddenly abandon settlement s is real.
Music, words, and opera is fake.

Native Americans artifact recording stars : unsure real or fake
Herodotus the historian: probably fake
Fishery:real
I think I might have bombed the real rc. :<

AccountExpired

Postby AccountExpired » Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:45 am

2226869301 wrote:
AccountExpired wrote:

Time travelling and candidate-newspaper are both real, I remember clearly.
I am having great trouble figuring out two RCs though.
Maybe, if I know the topic to all 8 articles I'd recall which one I bombed. Appreciate any help.
So far, I am sure the article on native american tribes suddenly abandon settlement s is real.
Music, words, and opera is fake.

Native Americans artifact recording stars : unsure real or fake
Herodotus the historian: probably fake
Fishery:real
I think I might have bombed the real rc. :<

Thank you!

According to my memory:
Native american tribes suddenly abandon settlement - real
Music, words, and opera - real, the comparative passage
Native Americans artifact recording stars - experimental
Herodotus the historian - experimental
Fishery - real

zctyh21

Postby zctyh21 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:58 am

right?
Last edited by zctyh21 on Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby 2226869301 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:07 am

Weird. I asked someone who took only 1 rc, she recalled native american settlements, but said she doesn't remember one on word music opera. She admitted skipping 1 article completely though.

Can one tell which is experimental by the order they appear in? I bombed the second RC. Mine was LG RC LR RC LR.

Can't recall newspaper candidate's question type.

AccountExpired

Postby AccountExpired » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:10 am

zctyh21 wrote:For the newspaper candidate, that was a weaken question right?

8)
Last edited by AccountExpired on Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

zctyh21

Postby zctyh21 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:15 am

AccountExpired wrote:

Yep!

Think I missed that one coz while in a hurry or sth I thought it was a discrepancy question. Pshh

How do people usually come to conclusion as to cancelation? Just based on the timeline/ long hard reflection? X

leslieknope

Postby leslieknope » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:27 am

PSA guys, we're not allowed to discuss specific question types from LR. Just generalities like question topics and whether you thought it was easy/hard.

Also, canceling at this point is rarely a good idea. Schools only care about your highest LSAT, and you've already lost one of your takes. Might as well get a score.

AccountExpired

Postby AccountExpired » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:37 am

zctyh21 wrote:
AccountExpired wrote:

Yep!

Think I missed that one coz while in a hurry or sth I thought it was a discrepancy question. Pshh

How do people usually come to conclusion as to cancelation? Just based on the timeline/ long hard reflection? X

Don't cancel if you are just unsure about the result or did not perform as best as you can. I would cancel only if I totally screwed up the test.

AccountExpired

Postby AccountExpired » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:40 am

leslieknope wrote:PSA guys, we're not allowed to discuss specific question types from LR. Just generalities like question topics and whether you thought it was easy/hard.

Also, canceling at this point is rarely a good idea. Schools only care about your highest LSAT, and you've already lost one of your takes. Might as well get a score.

Sorry! Edited already :)

gojj11

Postby gojj11 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:14 am

I had two rc , but I screwed up real one :cry: :cry:
experimental one was easier than real one, wasn't it?

how do you think about difficulty overall?

mandrewsf

Postby mandrewsf » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:00 am

Had two RC as well. The easier one (the one that talks about crescents - I won't go into details) definitely feels like the experimental while the real one was a lot harder to me by comparison, I had only 5 minutes left to complete the article with 5 questions. I was a bit surprised that I saved no time for checking answers on any section except LG, which was highly unusual for me. It just felt to me that time was moving faster for some reason.

If I were to guess the difficulty of the exam, I would say -11. It seemed pretty average; nothing particularly stood out.

EDIT: The proctor of my exam decided to check everyone's ID again after time already started; I had to bend down to retrieve my passport from under my desk for him to look at it, and it broke up my train of thought for a moment. What the heck is with that? I swear he should have done it before we restarted from the break.

vhvh0806

Postby vhvh0806 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:04 am

How did people feel about the LG section
Last edited by vhvh0806 on Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby 2226869301 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:00 pm

vhvh0806 wrote:How did people feel about the LG section?
I usually get none wrong, 2 at worst.
But the first game got me and I ended up guessing on five questions.

Was the LG section particularly difficult? like that time mauve dinosaurs came up?
or did I just screw it up?
And how difficult was this exam overall?
I am trying to gauge the curve to decide whether or not to cancel..

I had a panic attack on the first LG game, at the very beginning of the test, no less. Luckily I recovered after 3 mins, and I was able to hurriedly answer all questions without having to guess at any of them. So I wouldn't call the LG section difficult.

canon1845

Postby canon1845 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:57 pm

Hi fellow internationals!

It seems as though the test in East Asia was the same one as the one i did in Oceania!

I was getting confused reading the Feb 2015 Waiters thread, as the questions they were mentioning seemed very different...

Does anybody know whether we are curved with the North American's test takers?

It would be difficult to see how that may be the case, especially when our tests seem completely different.

Any input will be awesome! :D

hellerskeller

Postby hellerskeller » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:55 am

vhvh0806 wrote:How did people feel about the LG section?

Was the LG section particularly difficult? like that time mauve dinosaurs came up?
I am trying to gauge the curve to decide whether or not to cancel..

I had the opposite experience. The games are usually my worst section, but I found them to be uncharacteristically easy this time around and actually had time left (which never happens). The again, i might have made a mistake that made the q's seem easier than they were. what did you guys think?

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:40 am

AccountExpired wrote:
leslieknope wrote:PSA guys, we're not allowed to discuss specific question types from LR. Just generalities like question topics and whether you thought it was easy/hard.

Sorry! Edited already :)

I would go back and edit what you quoted too since it refers to a certain question&type

mandrewsf

Postby mandrewsf » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:10 am

How did people feel about the LG section?

I am trying to gauge the curve to decide whether or not to cancel.

I think the mauve dinosaur game was at least a magnitude more difficult than anything we had on the test. That game brought cold sweat to my back when I first saw it during timed practice (I thought its difficulty was comparable to the infamous Zephyr Airlines game). On this exam, I'd say the first game was the hardest, and it was not even mechanically hard; there were just many time-consuming local questions to go through. I took 10 mins on it, and then finished the other three games with time to spare.

What I am nervous about is the RC section; none of the articles were particularly straightforward and all were time consuming. How does everyone feel about their RC section?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”