Quick question on a premise in PT24, SEC:4 GAME 4

iluvcash

Quick question on a premise in PT24, SEC:4 GAME 4

Postby iluvcash » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:20 pm

I'm confused with the language in the first premise. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post a premise on here so I altered the variables and information, for example, it says something similar to:
There are three cats A, B, and C. The premise states:
If two of the cats visit the vet, the remaining cat cannot visit the vet

It's WAY easier if you can just look at the original question it's Preptest 24 Section 4 Game 4 Questions 18-23.

What does this premise mean?

Dave Hall

Re: Quick question on a premise in PT24, SEC:4 GAME 4

Postby Dave Hall » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:49 pm

All it amounts to is that you cannot have all three cats at the vet at one time (in the original, that you cannot have all three antibiotics prescribed together).

In practice, that tells you that at all times, there is always at least one antibiotic that is not prescribed.

Is that clearer?

iluvcash

Postby iluvcash » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:39 pm

Dave Hall wrote:All it amounts to is that you cannot have all three cats at the vet at one time (in the original, that you cannot have all three antibiotics prescribed together).

In practice, that tells you that at all times, there is always at least one antibiotic that is not prescribed.

Is that clearer?

Yes! Thank you for taking the time to answer my question kind sir! Your posts on this forum have helped me so much, especially one that you did answering a flaw method of reasoning question.

Dave Hall

Postby Dave Hall » Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:06 pm

Awesome—I'm glad to hear that.

I'm here to help,

d

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”