Should I Have My Score Cancelled Tomorrow?

kristaann_vt
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:20 pm

Should I Have My Score Cancelled Tomorrow?

Postby kristaann_vt » Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:19 am

Hello everyone,

My school does not have a pre-law adviser, so I would appreciate any input on this.

The flu has been ravaging through my university like the plague for the last month. Unfortunately, I became sick 3 weeks ago. A high fever made it impossible to study for almost a week, let alone sit for a full length timed practice test. Additionally, I have been battling a sinus infection and head cold since then. Needless to say, this put a major damper in my LSAT prep, and my recent scores have reflect that. In the past few weeks, I have only been able to earn a 155-158 on full length, timed practice tests.

I looked into cancelling and just taking the LSAT in June (I'm not apply until Fall 2015/Spring 2016 for law school), however, I missed the deadline to cancel, since I became sick after the deadline. Since I'm using an LSAC fee waiver, I didn't want to waste this opportunity. However, in hind sight, I'm thinking this was a bad idea.

So, after my test tomorrow should I have my score cancelled? I was reading on another TLS forum that many of the top schools average your scores, or consider your lowest score as equal to your first. My current practice scores really do not reflect my ability, and my top school choice is currently Boston College (I need at least a 165 for any scholarships, and should really have a 170). I'm confident I am capable of this. Additionally, I have a 3.7 and rising GPA, am currently in the running for the Truman scholarship, and have awesome work experience related to my future legal career goals. So, I really feel I could be a strong candidate for BC.

So, to cancel or not to cancel?

Thanks!

User avatar
xylocarp
Posts: 4740
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:16 am

Re: Should I Have My Score Cancelled Tomorrow?

Postby xylocarp » Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:27 am

just don't show up. that way it won't count against the three takes in two years rule

User avatar
nlee10
Posts: 3016
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:00 pm

Re: Should I Have My Score Cancelled Tomorrow?

Postby nlee10 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:29 am

kristaann_vt wrote:Hello everyone,

My school does not have a pre-law adviser, so I would appreciate any input on this.

The flu has been ravaging through my university like the plague for the last month. Unfortunately, I became sick 3 weeks ago. A high fever made it impossible to study for almost a week, let alone sit for a full length timed practice test. Additionally, I have been battling a sinus infection and head cold since then. Needless to say, this put a major damper in my LSAT prep, and my recent scores have reflect that. In the past few weeks, I have only been able to earn a 155-158 on full length, timed practice tests.

I looked into cancelling and just taking the LSAT in June (I'm not apply until Fall 2015/Spring 2016 for law school), however, I missed the deadline to cancel, since I became sick after the deadline. Since I'm using an LSAC fee waiver, I didn't want to waste this opportunity. However, in hind sight, I'm thinking this was a bad idea.

So, after my test tomorrow should I have my score cancelled? I was reading on another TLS forum that many of the top schools average your scores, or consider your lowest score as equal to your first. My current practice scores really do not reflect my ability, and my top school choice is currently Boston College (I need at least a 165 for any scholarships, and should really have a 170). I'm confident I am capable of this. Additionally, I have a 3.7 and rising GPA, am currently in the running for the Truman scholarship, and have awesome work experience related to my future legal career goals. So, I really feel I could be a strong candidate for BC.

So, to cancel or not to cancel?

Thanks!

Most schools will consider your highest score. I don't know how fee waivers work but you still have until 11:59 PM eastern time to withdraw. If you do not feel ready for tomorrow, I would highly recommend withdrawing asap. Canceling on or after test day results in one of your 3 tries whereas withdrawing tonight will not leave a mark besides losing out on the registration fee.

User avatar
JackelJ
Posts: 1404
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:47 pm

Re: Should I Have My Score Cancelled Tomorrow?

Postby JackelJ » Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:29 am

Schools don't average your scores anymore, and almost all just look at the highest score. And I think you can still withdraw from the test until midnight EST, so within the next 30 min and it will not count as one of your 3 takes. You'll lose any money you spent but you won't waste a take.

Whether you should cancel or not - only you can decide. I wouldn't expect any large jumps in you score tomorrow. I also wouldn't go into the test knowing you will just cancel it because that seems like a waste.

eta: scooped




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 2 guests