FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS GREY CONFIRMED!!!!

Who will be the first person you tell your score?

Parents
29%
Spouse
22%
Sibling/kids/Other family member
4%
Friends
15%
This Thread
9%
No one loves me
11%
What score?
9%

Total votes: 95

EvergreenStateLady

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Postby EvergreenStateLady » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:58 am

GreatBraffsby wrote:Amazing Grays, how sweet the sound.

:P

Rook

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS GREY CONFIRMED!!!!

Postby Rook » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:12 am

163. second time writing, 155 first time.

not over the moon, but if any of you were on this thread right after the lsat, youll know i was FREAKING out about the reading comp. it was literally the hardest ive ever seen...lots of people complained about PT74's reading comp, i thought it was a breeze. i think i went -2 on it, didn't have any trouble whatsoever. of course this was in training, not the real thing, so that may have played a part.

so in short, not depressed with a 163, but my PT average was 166/167 with a few 170's, so i'll be aiming for a 170 come june and i'm fully confident i can kill it. best of luck to all, this thread was fun!

leslieknope

Postby leslieknope » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:33 am

Guys do you know how much longer a transatlantic flight feels when you know your LSAT score is waiting in your inbox and there's nothing you can do about it? A lot. I think I tried every single wine offered by the airline before landing.

Really happy with my score, though. Up 3 from December for a low 170s score. About 3 down from my avg but I can seriously, seriously live with that. So happy I didn't cancel.

Anyway I haven't read the thread but I hope everyone did well! PM me if you need to talk. Gonna miss the Feb fam!

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:37 am

trouvere wrote:...I just wanted to pop back and tell you guys that the LSAT angels do exist!!

I was averaging maybe 166-167 (and not timing myself as strictly as the actual testing conditions), and I opened my score and... 171. I stared at it for a few seconds and thought I was looking in the wrong place (this is my first time taking), but then I was just screaming and my dad got so scared looolll

When I told my dad he was really happy but then he was like "wow seriously? I thought you'd get like, maybe 168 tops, is this actually happening?"

So, yeah, for anyone taking it again in June, just believe that you can outdo yourself on the actual test day!

Thanks so much to all of you, could not have made it through the waiting etc without you guys. I mostly lurked but seriously enjoyed all of the things and insanity. Best of luck to all of you!!!!!

I think our stuff got mixed up... that was supposed to happen to me :P lol jk that is awesome! Gratz

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:40 am

leslieknope wrote:Guys do you know how much longer a transatlantic flight feels when you know your LSAT score is waiting in your inbox and there's nothing you can do about it? A lot. I think I tried every single wine offered by the airline before landing.

Really happy with my score, though. Up 3 from December for a low 170s score. About 3 down from my avg but I can seriously, seriously live with that. So happy I didn't cancel.

Anyway I haven't read the thread but I hope everyone did well! PM me if you need to talk. Gonna miss the Feb fam!

thats awesome! glad you can still live :) can't believe you even thought of canceling lol gratz

soooo guyz, I woke up... then spent like 20 min looking for my glasses bc I couldn't find them... they were in the bathroom. Why the heck would they be there, thats just silly #jimbean

JackelJ

Postby JackelJ » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:22 am

leslieknope wrote:Guys do you know how much longer a transatlantic flight feels when you know your LSAT score is waiting in your inbox and there's nothing you can do about it? A lot. I think I tried every single wine offered by the airline before landing.

I'm so happy for you!! Who needs sleep before the LSAT? Not President Knope. Congrats!

kray

Postby kray » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:15 am

Does anyone know the timeline from score reporting to application complete / reports sent? LSAC advised that it happens automatically, just a little nervous that reports are still not sent.

Shelbinole

Postby Shelbinole » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:47 am

lurkerlarry wrote:Hey everyone.

Not really sure how I feel. I worked really hard and was so close to where I'd like to be.

I got a 169...my gpa lies around 3.7, and I have work experience/Fulbright Scholarship...

I know TLS philosophy is always retake retake retake but I put a lot into this. I really don't know if I have a retake in me. Thoughts?

Hey, I'm applying right now with almost those exact numbers (169/3.73) so if you want some insight into what you can expect, let me know or go to my law numbers account! (i have the same username on there) :D. congrats on your score!!!

jam313

Postby jam313 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:54 am

kray wrote:Does anyone know the timeline from score reporting to application complete / reports sent? LSAC advised that it happens automatically, just a little nervous that reports are still not sent.

Calm yourself, and go here:

https://os.lsac.org/Release/Apply/Repor ... ation.aspx

Rigo

Postby Rigo » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:13 am

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nosocat

Postby nosocat » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:56 am

Unusual, sorry to see you didn't get what you hoped for, but glad you have a positive outlook on it.

Leslie, that's awesome, and I know you already were having a great cycle!

See y'all around, February!

CambrianExplosives

Postby CambrianExplosives » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:04 pm

Congrats on that Leslie. I'm glad to hear that you got good news at the end of the flight. I can't even imagine how long that must have felt. I hope this gives you good money at the schools you're looking at.

justabitunusual

Postby justabitunusual » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:20 pm

nosocat wrote:Unusual, sorry to see you didn't get what you hoped for, but glad you have a positive outlook on it.

Thanks!! Sorry to hear your updated score was the same also, but maybe June? Benefit is you can sleep in a little in June since it is not given until 12 I believe :wink:

Also LK I'm super excited for you too!! So glad I got to spend time w and get to know all of you guys!

nosocat

Postby nosocat » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:39 pm

justabitunusual wrote:
nosocat wrote:Unusual, sorry to see you didn't get what you hoped for, but glad you have a positive outlook on it.

Thanks!! Sorry to hear your updated score was the same also, but maybe June? Benefit is you can sleep in a little in June since it is not given until 12 I believe :wink:

Also LK I'm super excited for you too!! So glad I got to spend time w and get to know all of you guys!

Thanks! Sleeping in before the LSAT would've been nice, but I've already applied everywhere and hope to have my plans locked down by June, so I won't be retaking again. I guess that is something to celebrate! Best of luck!!

ticklemesilly

Postby ticklemesilly » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:41 pm

I'm so sad.... I went down a point 170--> 169. All that effort.

WhiteHouse

Postby WhiteHouse » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:06 pm

June 2013: 165
Dec 2014: 165
Feb 2015: 168

This is exactly what I needed, since I'd really like to go to Georgetown (despite the reputation TLSers give it). I know I didn't post much (at all) in this thread, but lurking kept me sane and I just want to thank everyone for their advice and for making me feel less crazy.

justabitunusual

Postby justabitunusual » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:29 pm

WhiteHouse wrote:June 2013: 165

This is exactly what I needed, since I'd really like to go to Georgetown (despite the reputation TLSers give it). I know I didn't post much (at all) in this thread, but lurking kept me sane and I just want to thank everyone for their advice and for making me feel less crazy.

I've determined this is my purpose in life, to make others feel better ab themselves :mrgreen: I think i may just scratch lawl and become a comedian, but that might require me to be funny, damn...back to just making ppl feel better ;)

Also Glad you improved enough to further your goals!! Good Luck!

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:38 pm

justabitunusual wrote:
WhiteHouse wrote:June 2013: 165

I've determined this is my purpose in life, to make others feel better ab themselves :mrgreen: I think i may just scratch lawl and become a comedian, but that might require me to be funny, damn...back to just making ppl feel better ;)

Also Glad you improved enough to further your goals!! Good Luck!

I believe in you

newkid

Postby newkid » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:23 pm

First off - congrats to everyone!

i just stumbled across this board, and had a question for you guys. If I have already submitted applications, but haven't heard back, will my new LSAT score pop up when they open up to review my application, or do I have to let the schools know that I retook?

Thanks in advance!

MEAhrnsbrak

Postby MEAhrnsbrak » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:46 pm

newkid wrote:First off - congrats to everyone!

i just stumbled across this board, and had a question for you guys. If I have already submitted applications, but haven't heard back, will my new LSAT score pop up when they open up to review my application, or do I have to let the schools know that I retook?

Thanks in advance!

I went ahead and emailed a couple of the schools. The schools I emailed have already updated my account and took me off hold whereas the ones I haven't emailed yet haven't touched my account yet. I'd go ahead and email schools just to be safe.

justabitunusual

Postby justabitunusual » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:52 am

Smallville wrote:I believe in you

Haha thanks! Ya never know what the future holds ;) Good luck to you too though!

Eragon

Postby Eragon » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:44 am

trouvere wrote:
CambrianExplosives wrote:
trouvere wrote:...I just wanted to pop back and tell you guys that the LSAT angels do exist!!

I was averaging maybe 166-167 (and not timing myself as strictly as the actual testing conditions), and I opened my score and... 171. I stared at it for a few seconds and thought I was looking in the wrong place (this is my first time taking), but then I was just screaming and my dad got so scared looolll

When I told my dad he was really happy but then he was like "wow seriously? I thought you'd get like, maybe 168 tops, is this actually happening?"

So, yeah, for anyone taking it again in June, just believe that you can outdo yourself on the actual test day!

Thanks so much to all of you, could not have made it through the waiting etc without you guys. I mostly lurked but seriously enjoyed all of the things and insanity. Best of luck to all of you!!!!!

Wow! That's amazing. Good job Trouvere. You must be super excited to get a full 5 points above your average.

Thanksss. Yeah I don't know how I'm supposed to sleep tonight. I feel like this definitely opens up more possibilities for applications! I'm going to apply for next cycle, but need to start researching since I'm from Canada and so not sure about financial aid, being an international student etc

If you're Canadian, why are you blowing all that money to go study law in the U.S? Just go to U of T or Osgoode, especially if you wanted to practice law in Canada.

leslieknope

Postby leslieknope » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:33 am

Thanks guys! And congrats to everyone who killed it!! Some awesome gains. And good luck to the retakers who are 100% going to kill it in June.

trouvere

Postby trouvere » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:59 pm

Eragon wrote:If you're Canadian, why are you blowing all that money to go study law in the U.S? Just go to U of T or Osgoode, especially if you wanted to practice law in Canada.

Oh, because I'd like to move to and practice in the US if possible. I am also applying to U of T and Osgoode - I am not ruling out staying in Canada. The money is definitely an issue, but if I can get some scholarship money/if it is feasible to go study in the US, then that would be my preferred choice.

What about you? I'm guessing that you want to practice in Canada?

crazyhazy

Postby crazyhazy » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:10 pm

I wonder if anyone is willing to change their gender identity to check the underrepresented minority box. There has to be someone.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”