FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS GREY CONFIRMED!!!!

Who will be the first person you tell your score?

Parents
29%
Spouse
22%
Sibling/kids/Other family member
4%
Friends
15%
This Thread
9%
No one loves me
11%
What score?
9%

Total votes: 95

adil91

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS GREY CONFIRMED!!!!

Postby adil91 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:46 am

I just emailed Emory about my new score and they replied within 10 minutes. Either they work late into the night or they've outsourced admissions to India lol :lol:

sfoglia

Postby sfoglia » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:46 am

TheProdigal wrote:
sfoglia wrote:[
Sarcasm. But honestly, did anyone score their average or above? Curious.

I wish I could see what I did wrong!

ETA: Sorry about that score. Bad, or just below target?

My last PTs were 170, 166, 169, 170, 170, 169.

170 on the real thing. I couldn't begin to tell you what felt good on that test though, rushed through the last LG and felt there were 3-5 questions in both LRs and RC that could have gone either way.

Not bad. Just well (-4) below target.

I'm glad to see you hit your highest PT score! Congratulations!!

EvergreenStateLady

Postby EvergreenStateLady » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:50 am

brusselsprouts wrote:
EvergreenStateLady wrote:
brusselsprouts wrote:167! retaking in October, but pleasantly surprised! really thought I bombed.

Congratulations that's a good score to have as a backup! I said this before but I love your tar! ^_^

thanks! you really are so sweet! must be because the lsat hasn't taken your soul

Lol! :P
Still stressful watching my husband be all stressed.

Also I had not such a great day of the LSAT. I went with CE so I could be there when he finished to give support and have a cell phone. I was feeling stressed out for him.
As he took the test I killed time around that part of Seattle. I ended up visiting the church that was outside my nana's window the last time she was in the hospital before she died. I ate breakfast at the restaurant we would go to when we were visiting my nana, and then I went to a free art museum. Their guest exhibit focused largely on poor immigrants especially Mexican American women who worked as maids. It was them reading a script that was supposed to be a sort of telenovela but it was largely focused on things like self confidence issues, internalized racism, earning little money working long hours, being taken advantage of, etc... My nana was a first generation Mexican American who used to work as a maid before she married my grandfather. She was so proud of who she was but also felt internalized racism and sexim - she would tell me there were times when she hated being a woman and hated being Latina because of how she was treated by so many people. I ended bawling my eyes out watching this video at the art museum. I was all shaky the rest of the day because my nerves were shot. I still think CE had a more stressful test day, plus my stress was more healing than his. Though now his score makes up for all that stress which is great.

TheProdigal

Postby TheProdigal » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:53 am

sfoglia wrote:
TheProdigal wrote:

170 on the real thing. I couldn't begin to tell you what felt good on that test though, rushed through the last LG and felt there were 3-5 questions in both LRs and RC that could have gone either way.

Thanks. I'm guessing from half-remembered numbers you put up in the past that your below target is still higher than my best. :-)

Still kind of torn on retaking. Nearest June test center is ~60 miles away. Probably going to see how the cycle plays out.

Will definitely be putting in some time in the June thread.

sfoglia

Postby sfoglia » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:58 am

TheProdigal wrote:
sfoglia wrote:
TheProdigal wrote:

Thanks. I'm guessing from half-remembered numbers you put up in the past that your below target is still higher than my best. :-)

Still kind of torn on retaking. Nearest June test center is ~60 miles away. Probably going to see how the cycle plays out.

Will definitely be putting in some time in the June thread.

Yikes! That is far!! But I hope I'll see you in the June thread. Give your score, I'm sure you have a few more points in you... ;)

nv93

Postby nv93 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:33 am

TheProdigal wrote:
nv93 wrote:
Dirigo wrote:
nv93 wrote:I did bad and not good enough to get into most schools I want to, so I need to get about a 10 point jump to around a 160. I could even settle for a 5-7 point jump with a 157. Is it feasible to go up by 10 in three months of studying?

Yes, especially when starting from ~150.

Rigo, any study plans? I don't have huge goal, it's just I want to do well enough given my circumstances. I don't think even Miami would take me despite my GPA being above average for them. ~ 150 is not their avg either. I think I'll just apply asap and just hope to get them to hold off my case file until June. I am really disappointed I cannot become a Gator, but FSU is probably better if I can good money there. But Iowa is the goal.

You're a Floridian? What are you goals/how does Iowa fit in?

My goals are about a 160-165. Iowa fits because it's probably the best school that takes a June LSAT from my knowledge. FSU is probably the most realistic option in Florida since I don't mind staying here for a bit, but I rather leave.

justabitunusual

Postby justabitunusual » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:55 am

Guys finally got home, ate dinner, took a shower, and got my score....sadly it was below my PT avg. and way below my PT high :( but, good news is I can still get more $ from Tulane, lol...I can reach for a few other schools too (will prob send an app to Vanderbilt), but really let down, overall. Oh well, it is what it is. CONGRATS to all of you who did well or better than expected!!!

ETA: Peppermint's soup was amazing!! :)

CambrianExplosives

Postby CambrianExplosives » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:15 am

justabitunusual wrote:Guys finally got home, ate dinner, took a shower, and got my score....sadly it was below my PT avg. and way below my PT high :( but, good news is I can still get more $ from Tulane, lol...I can reach for a few other schools too (will prob send an app to Vanderbilt), but really let down, overall. Oh well, it is what it is. CONGRATS to all of you who did well or better than expected!!!

I'm really sorry to hear that Unusual. Glad you're able to stay optimistic about it though. Good luck with the other schools and with negotiations.

EvergreenStateLady

Postby EvergreenStateLady » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:21 am

Smallville wrote:
JackelJ wrote:
Smallville wrote:QFNP

Where's Raider? He would appreciate this. I always like an excuse to sing along to tswift

well she is gorg and my future wife... sorry whiskey :P

I'm tired when I first read this I thought you said "well she is borg..." :P

justabitunusual

Postby justabitunusual » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:24 am

CambrianExplosives wrote:
I'm really sorry to hear that Unusual. Glad you're able to stay optimistic about it though. Good luck with the other schools and with negotiations.

Thanks CE!! I saw your post ab how well you did...AWESOME!!! So excited for you and Evergreen!!! I will be ok, I just was not expecting that score at all. It was only a 2 pt increase from my previous score and I PT'd much higher and was confident it would be much higher, so it's kinda upsetting, but I know everything will work out for me :)

lurkerlarry

Postby lurkerlarry » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:25 am

Hey everyone.

Not really sure how I feel. I worked really hard and was so close to where I'd like to be.

I got a 169...my gpa lies around 3.7, and I have work experience/Fulbright Scholarship...

I know TLS philosophy is always retake retake retake but I put a lot into this. I really don't know if I have a retake in me. Thoughts?

EvergreenStateLady

Postby EvergreenStateLady » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:26 am

beehive wrote:164! Applying next cycle and my top two picks are UNC and Wake Forest, so I am beyond happy!

Congrats! :)

EvergreenStateLady

Postby EvergreenStateLady » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:29 am

zhongxiaozhui wrote:Hi Spivey, I got 7 point jump from my last retake. Do you think I should write an email to schools that are holding my application due to Feb score? Or there is no need because schools will automatically be updated with my new score?

Wow congratualtions! That is a huge score jump! :D

CambrianExplosives

Postby CambrianExplosives » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:29 am

lurkerlarry wrote:Hey everyone.

Not really sure how I feel. I worked really hard and was so close to where I'd like to be.

I got a 169...my gpa lies around 3.7, and I have work experience/Fulbright Scholarship...

I know TLS philosophy is always retake retake retake but I put a lot into this. I really don't know if I have a retake in me. Thoughts?

It really depends on a lot. What your goals are is a big one. Where were you PTing?

Personally, if you want to go to a T14 and are applying next cycle I would say retaking is a good idea. You can definitely get in with a 169 and a 3.7 to the T14s, especially on the lower end. However, you won't get as much $$. In the end it costs $170 plus some prep time/materials for potentially thousands of dollars difference in scholarships and the test is much lighter than what we will end up doing in Law School anyway, so its a good practice to getting used to testing/studying in a lighter way.

lurkerlarry

Postby lurkerlarry » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:33 am

It really depends on a lot. What your goals are is a big one. Where were you PTing?

Personally, if you want to go to a T14 and are applying next cycle I would say retaking is a good idea. You can definitely get in with a 169 and a 3.7 to the T14s, especially on the lower end. However, you won't get as much $$. In the end it costs $170 plus some prep time/materials for potentially thousands of dollars difference in scholarships and the test is much lighter than what we will end up doing in Law School anyway, so its a good practice to getting used to testing/studying in a lighter way.

It's basically where I was PTing, I just hit 170-172 a few times while testing under conditions. So it might be something of a dice roll to prep and hope I can hit in that area. My highest PT was a 172 with 5 sections and timing

EvergreenStateLady

Postby EvergreenStateLady » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:36 am

nlee10 wrote:
Dirigo wrote:Alright y'all. Either best of luck on your journey or I'll see you in June.

Adios thread. RIP.

Indeed. I had a blast with everyone! See you people in the June thread or elsewhere on TLS.
8)

Yeah I'll definitely still talk on here. I already was not an LSAT taker, so yeah. I'll probably on occasion say hi. ^_^
But I'll probably post less often. I really need to focus on some stuff like trying to get an HR or office assistant job. I'm getting tired of working part-time retail.

EvergreenStateLady

Postby EvergreenStateLady » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:38 am

WhiskeyAndCupcakes wrote:
Smallville wrote:
JackelJ wrote:
Smallville wrote:QFNP

Where's Raider? He would appreciate this. I always like an excuse to sing along to tswift

well she is gorg and my future wife... sorry whiskey :P

For sure. I'm not in the same league as T. Swift-- totally understand!

ETA: Chris Hemsworth is my husband; surely you understand, too :)

Your husband is hot but so is mine. ;)

CambrianExplosives

Postby CambrianExplosives » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:41 am

lurkerlarry wrote:

It's basically where I was PTing, I just hit 170-172 a few times while testing under conditions. So it might be something of a dice roll to prep and hope I can hit in that area. My highest PT was a 172 with 5 sections and timing

Well, I mean at the end of the day you really have to judge yourself.

This is with 168-170 LSAT and 3.65-3.75 GPA.

You're looking at the lower T14 with some chance at money or the higher T1 outside the T14 with a good chance at money. Michigan seems like a solid bet with those numbers.

At the end of the day you have solid numbers. You could certainly improve with another 3 months, but there are plenty of people on here that prove that it doesn't always work that way. TLS will look at the numbers and tell you to retake, but you already know all that so it's all up to you.

EvergreenStateLady

Postby EvergreenStateLady » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:43 am

TheProdigal wrote:I'm sticking around for a bit, but going to say now:

Thank you everyone who kept me sane, let me know I wasn't alone in this, and let someone else hear about the LSAT instead of the wife.

Good luck in your cycle, retake, or whatever future you're looking towards.

+1

Near the end, coming on here was driving me crazy reminding me of the LSAT, but overall it was so helpful to commiserate this every step of the way. Thank you too Prodigal and everyone else.

Yeah thanks everyone it's been fun! :D

I know I'm less stressed than you guys but it's still fun and relaxing to hang out with you all and to talk about food and your hopes for the future.

EvergreenStateLady

Postby EvergreenStateLady » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:46 am

WhiskeyAndCupcakes wrote:
EvergreenStateLady wrote:If I go back to school it will probably be to get a teaching certificate. But thanks for the thought. It was nice to hear. :)

Back ITT for just a second to add that you seem like you'd be the BEST teacher! I'd love for my one-day children to be in your classroom :)

Hehe thanks! :) That's so sweet of you.

I'm certain you'll be a great lawyer. I'd love for my one-day children to be represented by you after getting in trouble with the law..... :wink:

sarahfatima28

Postby sarahfatima28 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:56 am

Hello all.

just wanted to know has anyone scored a 180 in here? Just curious.

lurkerlarry

Postby lurkerlarry » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:59 am

lurkerlarry wrote:

Well, I mean at the end of the day you really have to judge yourself.

This is with 168-170 LSAT and 3.65-3.75 GPA.

You're looking at the lower T14 with some chance at money or the higher T1 outside the T14 with a good chance at money. Michigan seems like a solid bet with those numbers.

At the end of the day you have solid numbers. You could certainly improve with another 3 months, but there are plenty of people on here that prove that it doesn't always work that way. TLS will look at the numbers and tell you to retake, but you already know all that so it's all up to you.

Good advice! Thanks ;)

matt92

Postby matt92 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:19 am

brusselsprouts wrote:167! retaking in October, but pleasantly surprised! really thought I bombed.

twins! and retaking in oct. as well.

1 point higher than my average so happy with that.

EvergreenStateLady

Postby EvergreenStateLady » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:14 am

trouvere wrote:...I just wanted to pop back and tell you guys that the LSAT angels do exist!!

I was averaging maybe 166-167 (and not timing myself as strictly as the actual testing conditions), and I opened my score and... 171. I stared at it for a few seconds and thought I was looking in the wrong place (this is my first time taking), but then I was just screaming and my dad got so scared looolll

When I told my dad he was really happy but then he was like "wow seriously? I thought you'd get like, maybe 168 tops, is this actually happening?"

So, yeah, for anyone taking it again in June, just believe that you can outdo yourself on the actual test day!

Thanks so much to all of you, could not have made it through the waiting etc without you guys. I mostly lurked but seriously enjoyed all of the things and insanity. Best of luck to all of you!!!!!

Congratulations that is so awesome! :)

EvergreenStateLady

Postby EvergreenStateLady » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:48 am

justabitunusual wrote:
justabitunusual wrote:Guys finally got home, ate dinner, took a shower, and got my score....sadly it was below my PT avg. and way below my PT high :( but, good news is I can still get more $ from Tulane, lol...I can reach for a few other schools too (will prob send an app to Vanderbilt), but really let down, overall. Oh well, it is what it is. CONGRATS to all of you who did well or better than expected!!!

Thanks CE!! I saw your post ab how well you did...AWESOME!!! So excited for you and Evergreen!!! I will be ok, I just was not expecting that score at all. It was only a 2 pt increase from my previous score and I PT'd much higher and was confident it would be much higher, so it's kinda upsetting, but I know everything will work out for me :)

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't reach your target goal, that sucks especially because you put so much work into it. But at least you raised your score, that is wonderful!

You have a go-get-it-done spirit and are willing to work hard. Those types of people always go far in life. I'm certain that things will turn out great. You are such a nice talented person they just have to. :)

PS Everyone has been raving about Peppermint's soup recipe, I think I may have to ask her for it because I love soup.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”