FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS GREY CONFIRMED!!!!

Who will be the first person you tell your score?

Parents
29%
Spouse
22%
Sibling/kids/Other family member
4%
Friends
15%
This Thread
9%
No one loves me
11%
What score?
9%

Total votes: 95

PeanutsNJam

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Postby PeanutsNJam » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:27 am

Dirigo wrote:Americans have become too obsessed with lifting. Back in the 1960's, slender men were the ideal. Now you have to do all this body building stuff or else you're not conventionally hot. The idea of a masculine physique has gone too far.

Just a thought.
*eats chips with exposed tummy*

Ryan Gosling in love actually is my ideal, and I don't think he's super bulky or big. But he ain't skinny either.

ilikebaseball

Postby ilikebaseball » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:29 am

sup guys former student athlete 6'2'' 205 takin ?'s about fitness
Last edited by ilikebaseball on Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

peppermint

Postby peppermint » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:29 am

Last edited by peppermint on Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PeanutsNJam

Postby PeanutsNJam » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:30 am

So is the answer to my miracle conception just macronutrient split? I just ballpark my foods, but here's my general day-to-day-diet:

4 scoops protein downed with chocolate milk (over several servings), ~1200 calories

a meal with meats and vegetables, ~700 calories

a bunch of fruits, ~300 calories

random shit throughout the day, maybe a bit of soda, some snacks here and there, ~300 calories

when hungry, I eat another meal for the day, ~500 calories

on lifting days, a 110g of almonds, ~500 calories

I'm not eating over 3k, and I'm definitely averaging less.

schmelling

Post removed.

Postby schmelling » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:31 am

Post removed.
Last edited by schmelling on Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Abyss

Postby The Abyss » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:32 am

PeanutsNJam wrote:
schmelling wrote:
PeanutsNJam wrote:So on to the fitness talk. I've been bulking a while now and is there any reason I look like I'm pregnant?

No, really, it can't all be fat. I still have definition in my arms and upper-upper body. But I look like I'm in the second trimester.

Hannibal is overrated, and so is Sherlock.

you're eating too much and not lifting enough. Its called being skinny-fat. Cut down on the calories, you probably don't need as many as you think, especially if you aren't building on top of a lot of previous muscle.

I'm really not eating that much, like it can't be more than 2500 a day. I'm lifting 3x week, my PR's for 5rm are:

bench - 90kg
squat - 110kg (injured lower back still hasn't recovered fully)
OHP - 50kg
strict form pullups - 12

I mean I'm no ahnold but I don't think I'm skinnyfat.

Where's the deadlift and barbell row?

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:32 am

Startingnfitnessbtopicnnicdband early? #whatsaspacebar?

ilikebaseball

Postby ilikebaseball » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:33 am

if your male, there is nothing wrong to getting "bulky" and there are perfectly acceptable ways to add conditioning within your weight routine. I haven't done conditioning in weeks, but have actually lost weight. Its all about the intensity and how you do your weights.

PeanutsNJam

Postby PeanutsNJam » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:33 am

The Abyss wrote:
PeanutsNJam wrote:
schmelling wrote:
PeanutsNJam wrote:So on to the fitness talk. I've been bulking a while now and is there any reason I look like I'm pregnant?

No, really, it can't all be fat. I still have definition in my arms and upper-upper body. But I look like I'm in the second trimester.

Hannibal is overrated, and so is Sherlock.

you're eating too much and not lifting enough. Its called being skinny-fat. Cut down on the calories, you probably don't need as many as you think, especially if you aren't building on top of a lot of previous muscle.

I'm really not eating that much, like it can't be more than 2500 a day. I'm lifting 3x week, my PR's for 5rm are:

bench - 90kg
squat - 110kg (injured lower back still hasn't recovered fully)
OHP - 50kg
strict form pullups - 12

I mean I'm no ahnold but I don't think I'm skinnyfat.

Where's the deadlift and barbell row?

My back is in bad shape so I'm not gonna test my PR's, I just do light-weight high rep deadlifts, and I haven't tested my PR for barbell row. I do a lot of pullups, been plateauing recently. I treat rows like biceps or lat raises, shit you do but not something you seriously track.
Last edited by PeanutsNJam on Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rigo

Postby Rigo » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:33 am

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

justabitunusual

Postby justabitunusual » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:33 am

The Abyss wrote:Lifting =/= getting bulky. Lifting is the most efficient way to exercise. Go to any gym across the country and look at the people constantly on the treadmills, and then look at the people over at the power rack. Your eyes won't lie. The ones doing non-stop cardio tend to be skinny-fat, while the ones lifting (and not using machines) are strong and lean.

Lifting is good, I think what rigo was saying is that there are lots of heavy lifters out there just trying to get bigger and bigger, and I think the competition in some gyms to get bigger is a trend...idk, but that's what I understood him to mean. I do both, cardio and lift, but while I used to do classes like body pump, i now do more of a circuit training deal, and I'm finding that the combination of cardio/healthy eating/moderate lifting is giving me more definition than when i used to primarily lift heavy things. I also think each person has a different method that will work best for them

scooped
Last edited by justabitunusual on Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

gamerish

Post removed...

Postby gamerish » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:34 am

Post removed...
Last edited by gamerish on Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:48 am, edited 6 times in total.

schmelling

Post removed.

Postby schmelling » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:34 am

Post removed.

ilikebaseball

Postby ilikebaseball » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:34 am

justabitunusual wrote:
The Abyss wrote:Lifting =/= getting bulky. Lifting is the most efficient way to exercise. Go to any gym across the country and look at the people constantly on the treadmills, and then look at the people over at the power rack. Your eyes won't lie. The ones doing non-stop cardio tend to be skinny-fat, while the ones lifting (and not using machines) are strong and lean.

Lifting is good, I think what rigo was saying is that there are lots of heavy lifters out there just trying to get bigger and bigger, and I think the competition in some gyms to get bigger is a trend...idk, but that's what I understood him to mean. I do both, cardio and lift, but while I used to do classes like body pump, i now do more of a circuit training deal, and I'm finding that the combination of cardio/healthy eating/moderate lifting is giving me more definition than when i used to primarily lift heavy things. I also think each person has a different method that will work best for them

they don't have to be exclusive. And if they are, even though you have different goals, you're lifting wrong.

peppermint

Postby peppermint » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:34 am

Last edited by peppermint on Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Abyss

Postby The Abyss » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:35 am

schmelling wrote:

theres more than one way to skin a cat, but you are right about people who exclusively do long-form cardio. I got into phenomonal shape using just body weight and resistance bands by circuit training. I would alternate upper and lower body exercises cause it forces blood flow constantly to different parts of your body and it burns tons of fat, during and after. I also did interval training three days a week.

I also have done 5x5 type workouts that have worked well for body recomposition when coupled with interval training, but I have never felt as good as I did when I was doing body weight/resistance band circuits.

You're absolutely right. I guess I should have said "strength training" instead of lifting. I use body weight exercises all the time, especially push ups and pull ups. Resistance band kettlebell push ups kick my ass.

PeanutsNJam

Postby PeanutsNJam » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:35 am

gamerish wrote:That seems like waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much protein powder to me. Your body can only use up so much protein in a day. How tall are you and how much do you weigh?

6'1'' currently 78kg

ilikebaseball

Postby ilikebaseball » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:37 am

PeanutsNJam wrote:
gamerish wrote:That seems like waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much protein powder to me. Your body can only use up so much protein in a day. How tall are you and how much do you weigh?

6'1'' currently 78kg

fuck protein powder. I'm being completely serious. 2 spoonfuls of PB. That's all you need man. Whenever you have an urge to eat, you scoop PB. That's it dude. The people giving fitness advise in this thread are being WAY too elaborate.
Last edited by ilikebaseball on Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rigo

Postby Rigo » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:37 am

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Abyss

Postby The Abyss » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:38 am

ilikebaseball wrote:
justabitunusual wrote:

they don't have to be exclusive. And if they are, even though you have different goals, you're lifting wrong.

Are you referring to cardio and lifting here? I agree if that's the case. Lifting right will provide a sufficient amount of cardio.

peppermint

Postby peppermint » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:39 am

Last edited by peppermint on Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ilikebaseball

Postby ilikebaseball » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:39 am

The Abyss wrote:
ilikebaseball wrote:
justabitunusual wrote:

Are you referring to cardio and lifting here? I agree if that's the case. Lifting right will provide a sufficient amount of cardio.

lifting the right way will. With sufficient pacing and reps. There's a difference between conditional lifting (what I had to do for college baseball) and bulk lifting.

schmelling

Post removed.

Postby schmelling » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:40 am

Post removed.

gamerish

Post removed...

Postby gamerish » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:41 am

Post removed...
Last edited by gamerish on Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:48 am, edited 7 times in total.

PeanutsNJam

Postby PeanutsNJam » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:42 am

I took some pics to demonstrate the issue at hand. Like it's a serious problem you'll see. So I'm 6'1'' 78kg, y'all can go back to see my lifts. These are all taken within seconds of each other.

PnJpregnant.jpg

wtf?
Last edited by PeanutsNJam on Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”