FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS GREY CONFIRMED!!!!

Who will be the first person you tell your score?

Parents
29%
Spouse
22%
Sibling/kids/Other family member
4%
Friends
15%
This Thread
9%
No one loves me
11%
What score?
9%

Total votes: 95

Ellie2010

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Postby Ellie2010 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:25 am

-
Last edited by Ellie2010 on Thu May 14, 2015 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EvergreenStateLady

Postby EvergreenStateLady » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:31 am

I made this gif for you guys. I know many of you probably have been having stressful days where you feel like things have not been going your way. So here is a cupcake from me baked with love! <3

Because cupcakes are magic and make everything better! :wink:

EvergreenStateLady

Postby EvergreenStateLady » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:51 am

nlee10 wrote:I had an interesting conversation with some friends last week. It was "Would you give up 10 years of your life for $1 billion given to you right now?"

I'm thinking that I would. Most likely I'll live to be very old because of my good genes and I'd trade 10 years for enough money for my husband I never to have to work again unless we wanted to work. Even if I'm headed to an early death it would probably be worth the 10 years.

Yes I'd lose 10 years and money is something you can earn unlike time but with a billion dollars we could be living a much happier life here and now without having to work. We would have more time together even minus those 10 years just from not having to go to work for the majority of our day. We can have less stress and fewer worries with that money. We could not work and spend most of our days travelling and seeing the world. I could easily do charity work without having to worry about money or time. I could live anywhere without worrying about the ability to find a job near where we live. Life is less stressful when you have money, especially if you don't have to work.

I grew up fairly well off and until I knew people who grew up poor and seeing the difficulties that result from living paycheck to paycheck I didn't really value money as much as I should have. I did value money - I wasn't a spendthrift - but I never knew the fear of being placed in a foster home or living in a neighborhood where you can't leave your home because you're worried that you will get shot. I grew up never seeing my parents worried that they wouldn't have enough money to pay the bills and buy food. The truth is life without financial security is super stressful and scary.

Even in my life I've watched my father work his ass off day after day as his body starts to age. I've seen the stress he lives with on a daily basis because of having to work and worry about money. He saves so much of his money for his retirement and worries everyday about if the money will be enough so that him and my mother can travel once they retire while still having a good quality of life at home. He's never done any international travel and he's starting to get old. I worry like with his father that his health will fail before he can see and do everything that he dreams of doing. Also the stress of him working long hours has had on all his relationships in his life. The truth is money isn't happiness but having the financial freedom and security to live life doing what you actually want to do with it usually results in happiness.

So yeah I'd take the money and ride off into the sunset.

EvergreenStateLady

Postby EvergreenStateLady » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:02 am

justabitunusual wrote:Also just want to give a shout out to Zac, bc of the few posts i saw of the pages i missed he was 180 percent on point w dem poasts!

Additionally, Whiskey I would name my next child after you or pepper also :wink:

+1

EvergreenStateLady

Postby EvergreenStateLady » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:06 am

peppermint wrote:
justabitunusual wrote:Also just want to give a shout out to Zac, bc of the few posts i saw of the pages i missed he was 180 percent on point w dem poasts!

Additionally, Whiskey I would name my next child after you or pepper also :wink:

If you name your next kid pepper, tell them to go to med school. Then they could be Dr. Pepper :P

Lol!

I know some people with the surname of Dolphin and others with Barnacle. I think they should all become marine biologists or sailors / ship Captains or something.

EvergreenStateLady

Postby EvergreenStateLady » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:09 am

leslieknope wrote:this is a self-tar

i am councilwoman Leslie Knope

Lol! :D

EvergreenStateLady

Postby EvergreenStateLady » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:10 am

crazyhazy wrote:
justabitunusual wrote:
leslieknope wrote:this is a self-tar

i am councilwoman Leslie Knope

of course LK...but you're not a lurker, so you don't apply here

Don't forget... We're all former lurkers..

True, we all start off as lurkers! All lurkers are potential regulars.

EvergreenStateLady

Postby EvergreenStateLady » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:13 am

TheProdigal wrote:
justabitunusual wrote:just so everyone knows ...i was in nola all day with 6 children between the ages of 6 and 12 all by ma'self....so if the poasts reflect that, they reflect that

:shock:

Did you use leashes?

Lol! :lol: I love this mental image!

justabitunusual wrote:
TheProdigal wrote: :shock:

Did you use leashes?

it was pretty much like herding cats

:P I've had to herd cats before and it is very difficult.

EvergreenStateLady

Postby EvergreenStateLady » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:42 am

crazyhazy wrote:
jam313 wrote:First, I thought...how can you not know that's Audrey Hepburn? Then I realized it made me sound old.

Umm yeah so I'm 29 and took several film classes and am a movie buff. I know much more about Audrey Hepburn than most. This forum went from 48 hours of excellence to blah as soon as Just got on her period. I'm out.

I think you're feeling a little attacked because of people saying that they think it's weird and creepy that former lurkers are using self tars. You don't want to be considered an outsider and you don't want to be lumped into the category of weird or creepy. I'm pretty certain they are joking and they don't actually think it's creepy. Also you 100% belong here.

Also Unusual wasn't trying to be catty but I know tone can be hard on the internet. All she said was that her tar was Audrey Hepburn and if you were curious who she was to look her up because she was in some great movies. I think you are feeling a bit embarrassed since you are a movie buff and you didn't instantly recognise her. I'll say this don't be embarrassed we all have those moments where we don't notice little things even about subjects we are very educated in. I hate when that happens to me, I think we all do.

Unusual wasn't attacking you so don't attack her. Instead you should be friends with her since you both have similar interests and seem like really nice people. :D

P.S. I just turned 28 so we are both awesome 90's kids! :mrgreen: We got to experience all of the 90's at an age when we were old enough remember it.

EvergreenStateLady

Postby EvergreenStateLady » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:49 am

leslieknope wrote:I can't believe I missed my 666th post. I should have used it to post a list of enemies or something. It would have read as follows:
List of Enemies wrote:-LSAC

Lol!

EvergreenStateLady

Postby EvergreenStateLady » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:08 am

justabitunusual wrote:
WhiskeyAndCupcakes wrote:I straight up didn't *find* TLS until like the day before the September score release (I know, I know, what?!?), so I never really could have joined the Septemberers. But it all worked out for the best because the Feb Crew are my TLS people.

I think the first tls related thing i found was from a search i had done on "what to wear to take lsat in" or something to that effect and i ended up on a thread discussing the merits/lunacy of wearing adult diapers to the tc, that's when i got hooked

eta: and you can find that little beauty right here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=85546

Oh my god I laughed so much as I read this! :lol: Thanks.

storpappa

Postby storpappa » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:10 am

LSAC WEATHER FOR SUNDAY

ICE

LSAC has snow on the ground from last week snow storm (not roads / paved), and now a snow and then ice storm today

http://6abc.com/weather/

EvergreenStateLady

Postby EvergreenStateLady » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:18 am

justabitunusual wrote:FULL DISCLOSURE:: Also, and just to show how justabit I am...i wore one to the September test (no, i didn't actually use it, but i had insurance in case i needed to)...admitting it now to the world is such a relief...pun intended

I could totally see doing this. I was told by my doctor that I really do have a tiny bladder during a test. It's good that CE is the one who took the LSAT not me.

EvergreenStateLady

Postby EvergreenStateLady » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:24 am

ilikebaseball wrote:I am drunk it but fux it the roomies want t bell lets get some McDonald's

LOL! :P

EvergreenStateLady

Postby EvergreenStateLady » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:28 am

storpappa wrote:LSAC WEATHER FOR SUNDAY

ICE

LSAC has snow on the ground from last week snow storm (not roads / paved), and now a snow and then ice storm today

http://6abc.com/weather/

Is LSAC located in Philly? I hope the snow and ice haven't affected score release date.

Also someone posted this earlier:
https://twitter.com/SpiveyConsult/status/571828838360956928

I have no idea if it's a guess or if Spivey has been holding out on us.

ETA: Goodnight. Hopefully tomorrow / today things will go gray.

Big Red

Postby Big Red » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:27 am

Really hope scores come out today, don't want to go through another day at work with this over my head

TheProdigal

Postby TheProdigal » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:29 am

Big Red wrote:Really hope scores come out today, don't want to go through another day at work with this over my head

Already at work with this over my head. Here's to F5.

Big Red

Postby Big Red » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:39 am

TheProdigal wrote:
Big Red wrote:Really hope scores come out today, don't want to go through another day at work with this over my head

Already at work with this over my head. Here's to F5.

cheers

Dr. Nefario

Postby Dr. Nefario » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:44 am

I think I'm getting sick

JackelJ

Postby JackelJ » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:10 am

zacboro wrote:I miss JackelJ from the Feb study thread. But now she's no longer Blair Waldorf, but she's a dog. Still cute, but confusing ..

I've always been Blair :roll:

JackelJ

Postby JackelJ » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:15 am

Smallville wrote:its you ignoring me otherwise you would know that I can't answer that question missy

sorry, I haven't been paying much attention to TT. Hows post-LSAT life?

storpappa

Postby storpappa » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:26 am

yes LSAC is in Newton, PA a Philly suburb

crazyhazy

Postby crazyhazy » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:33 am

EvergreenStateLady wrote:
crazyhazy wrote:
jam313 wrote:First, I thought...how can you not know that's Audrey Hepburn? Then I realized it made me sound old.

Umm yeah so I'm 29 and took several film classes and am a movie buff. I know much more about Audrey Hepburn than most. This forum went from 48 hours of excellence to blah as soon as Just got on her period. I'm out.

I think you're feeling a little attacked because of people saying that they think it's weird and creepy that former lurkers are using self tars. You don't want to be considered an outsider and you don't want to be lumped into the category of weird or creepy. I'm pretty certain they are joking and they don't actually think it's creepy. Also you 100% belong here.

Also Unusual wasn't trying to be catty but I know tone can be hard on the internet. All she said was that her tar was Audrey Hepburn and if you were curious who she was to look her up because she was in some great movies. I think you are feeling a bit embarrassed since you are a movie buff and you didn't instantly recognise her. I'll say this don't be embarrassed we all have those moments where we don't notice little things even about subjects we are very educated in. I hate when that happens to me, I think we all do.

Unusual wasn't attacking you so don't attack her. Instead you should be friends with her since you both have similar interests and seem like really nice people. :D

P.S. I just turned 28 so we are both awesome 90's kids! :mrgreen: We got to experience all of the 90's at an age when we were old enough remember it.

Thanks for the note but it had nothing to do with the Audrey Hepburn thing. I thought that was silly and I wouldn't be embarrassed if I didn't know who she was. It was a lot of sudden, general negativity before that. It's fine - I just didn't want to participate in the negativity especially bc it was starting to make me feel and respond negatively:)
Last edited by crazyhazy on Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

crazyhazy

Postby crazyhazy » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:40 am

EvergreenStateLady wrote:
crazyhazy wrote:

Also I'm on an iPhone so your avatar could be a giant picture of my girlfriend and I would have no idea.. I did zoom in on peppers though bc I could have sworn she looked like Mindy Kaling!!!

storpappa

Postby storpappa » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:42 am

Back to a #selfie for my avatar pic

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”