FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS GREY CONFIRMED!!!!

Who will be the first person you tell your score?

Parents
29%
Spouse
22%
Sibling/kids/Other family member
4%
Friends
15%
This Thread
9%
No one loves me
11%
What score?
9%

Total votes: 95

WhiskeyAndCupcakes

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Postby WhiskeyAndCupcakes » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:19 pm

Last edited by WhiskeyAndCupcakes on Fri May 29, 2015 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheProdigal

Postby TheProdigal » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:20 pm

nosocat wrote:
WhiskeyAndCupcakes wrote:
Sofie4400 wrote:This is probably a stupid question but what is the difference between 'faculty review' and 'under review'? Some people say they got in from "FR2" versus others who just refer to it as "UR2." Is it just different terminology for the same thing or is one better/worse? Thanks!

I think it just changes school to school-- depending on what they call it. (Someone else correct me if I'm wrong)

The only school where I applied where I know faculty review is an actual reported status is Berkeley (where, coincidentally, I was dinged earlier today!). It is different from regular under review because they email you and tell you that your application has passed an initial administrative review but has been sent to faculty review for further consideration. Some people are accepted or rejected without going to faculty review, so it basically means you passed the first review step but they're still not sure what to do with you. I know at Yale, most people are reviewed by faculty, but they don't give you a status checker so you have no way of knowing if you are in FR or not. I dunno about other schools.

eta: Scooped (am I using that right? :lol: )

All these people getting movement at Berkeley, and mine hasn't moved off of received. Sorry to hear about the ding though.

nlee10

Postby nlee10 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:22 pm

FCC just voted to classify the internet as a public utility.

IsThisForReal

Postby IsThisForReal » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:23 pm

I'm amazed at how long Emory has taken.

And Texas's MBA program.

nosocat

Postby nosocat » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:26 pm

WhiskeyAndCupcakes wrote:Sorry to hear about the ding, nosocat. You've got fantastic things coming; don't sweat it!

Thanks! I was really hesitant about cost of living and couldn't be bothered to write a targeted PS for them, so I can't say I was surprised. Kind of glad just to have a decision!

TheProdigal

Postby TheProdigal » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:27 pm

IsThisForReal wrote:I'm amazed at how long Emory has taken.

And Texas's MBA program.

Isn't Emory pretty upfront about waiting until now - or am I just conflating that with the whining in the applicant thread?

WhiskeyAndCupcakes

Postby WhiskeyAndCupcakes » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:28 pm

Last edited by WhiskeyAndCupcakes on Fri May 29, 2015 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

santoki

Post removed.

Postby santoki » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:28 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by santoki on Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

IsThisForReal

Postby IsThisForReal » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:28 pm

TheProdigal wrote:

And Texas's MBA program.

Isn't Emory pretty upfront about waiting until now - or am I just conflating that with the whining in the applicant thread?

Yeah, but they've been accepting people since JanuaryDecember I think. Just not as many as other schools. And a ton of people are getting decisions right now.

m27

Postby m27 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:37 pm

I've been such a bad TLSer. The honors thesis has consumed my life.

Since my testing seat number was 27, and my username is m27, does that mean that if there is any hope for me to get a good score, it would be tomorrow, the 27th? Any other day and I'm fvcked

usn26

Postby usn26 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:38 pm

nosocat wrote:
WhiskeyAndCupcakes wrote:Sorry to hear about the ding, nosocat. You've got fantastic things coming; don't sweat it!

Thanks! I was really hesitant about cost of living and couldn't be bothered to write a targeted PS for them, so I can't say I was surprised. Kind of glad just to have a decision!

Yeah, I was expecting a ding, although given the rest of my cycle I'm surprised they just dinged me straight up. I think just submitting the 2 pager hurt me. I didn't want to go to that hippy school anyway! :lol:

TheProdigal

Postby TheProdigal » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:39 pm

TheProdigal wrote:
All these people getting movement at Berkeley, and mine hasn't moved off of received. Sorry to hear about the ding though.

I get the feeling you're literally brilliant Prodigal and after you get your 180, you'll get in everywhere.

I wish. Would probably need it to balance out my C&F issues.

IsThisForReal wrote:
TheProdigal wrote:

And Texas's MBA program.

Yeah, but they've been accepting people since JanuaryDecember I think. Just not as many as other schools. And a ton of people are getting decisions right now.

They just moved me to complete. And were rather unclear on if I could update my score after grey day.

Somewhat unrelated, I went until two weeks ago without Georgetown e-mailing me a thing. And now they've hit me up twice for an application, sounds like they're getting worried about medians.

WhiskeyAndCupcakes

Postby WhiskeyAndCupcakes » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:41 pm

Last edited by WhiskeyAndCupcakes on Fri May 29, 2015 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rileyfo

Postby Rileyfo » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:42 pm

m27 wrote:I've been such a bad TLSer. The honors thesis has consumed my life.

Since my testing seat number was 27, and my username is m27, does that mean that if there is any hope for me to get a good score, it would be tomorrow, the 27th? Any other day and I'm fvcked

With the way it's been going, if the scores come out tomorrow, I like your chances of a 127.

Dr. Nefario

Postby Dr. Nefario » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:42 pm

TheProdigal wrote:Somewhat unrelated, I went until two weeks ago without Georgetown e-mailing me a thing. And now they've hit me up twice for an application, sounds like they're getting worried about medians.

Same but they haven't offered a few waiver and I don't wanna toss up $100 before knowing my new score.

Dr. Nefario

Postby Dr. Nefario » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:43 pm

WhiskeyAndCupcakes wrote:Somebody should make Waiters thread Superlatives. You know, "Most likely to ________," senior yearbook style.

(PNJ, are you anywhere?)

Yaaaaas if only he wasn't frolicing about Europe.

WhiskeyAndCupcakes

Postby WhiskeyAndCupcakes » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:44 pm

Last edited by WhiskeyAndCupcakes on Fri May 29, 2015 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheProdigal

Postby TheProdigal » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:46 pm

RaiderRed wrote:
TheProdigal wrote:Somewhat unrelated, I went until two weeks ago without Georgetown e-mailing me a thing. And now they've hit me up twice for an application, sounds like they're getting worried about medians.

Same but they haven't offered a few waiver and I don't wanna toss up $100 before knowing my new score.

I solicited -- but I get missed by a lot of CRS waivers, so... Besides, one of their mailings said they'd accept past the deadline.

leslieknope

Postby leslieknope » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:54 pm

I had a dream where I beat my Dec score by a point. As long as I don't drop points I'll be pleased at this point, tbh.

Also God on top of gray day tomorrow two of my schools may or may not be releasing decisions. I'm putting my phone on airplane mode and before I go to bed and not turning it back on until after my interview.

leslieknope

Postby leslieknope » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:56 pm

TheProdigal wrote:

I get the feeling you're literally brilliant Prodigal and after you get your 180, you'll get in everywhere.

+1, Prodigal seems like one of those people who actually would get the long shot acceptance off a genius PS too. Not that it will be a long shot after scores are released, ofc.

Rileyfo

Postby Rileyfo » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:56 pm

My girlfriend is taking the GMAT today. We have been waiting since the 7th and she will get her score today. Life isn't fair sometimes.

adil91

Postby adil91 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:04 pm

leslieknope wrote:I had a dream where I beat my Dec score by a point. As long as I don't drop points I'll be pleased at this point, tbh.

Also God on top of gray day tomorrow two of my schools may or may not be releasing decisions. I'm putting my phone on airplane mode and before I go to bed and not turning it back on until after my interview.

Same though I'd pull my hair out if I got the same score. It would be very frustrating

EvergreenStateLady

Postby EvergreenStateLady » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:04 pm

peppermint wrote:Unless yoga or running eating somehow counts as "leg day," it's never leg day in Whiskey's peppermint's World.

This is me as well. Lol. :mrgreen:

It's weird how easy it is to walk manys hours many days in a row on a vacation but how hard it is to do that during a regular week where you live.

Also my birthday is tomorrow. I'm trying to decide if I want to order a cake for my birthday from this Hawaiian cake place. I've never tried them but they get good Yelp reviews. I can order either an orange cake with passionfruit frosting, an orange cake with mango frosting, a strawberry cake with guava frosting, a pineapple cake with pineapple frosting, a pineapple cake with coconut pineapple frosting, or a Rainbow cake which has lime, orange, strawberry cake layers with guava, lime, and passionfruit frosting layers. Hmmm decisions...

santoki

Post removed.

Postby santoki » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:05 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by santoki on Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

Rileyfo

Postby Rileyfo » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:07 pm

EvergreenStateLady wrote:
peppermint wrote:Unless yoga or running eating somehow counts as "leg day," it's never leg day in Whiskey's peppermint's World.

This is me as well. Lol. :mrgreen:

It's weird how easy it is to walk manys hours many days in a row on a vacation but how hard it is to do that during a regular week where you live.

Also my birthday is tomorrow. I'm trying to decide if I want to order a cake for my birthday from this Hawaiian cake place. I've never tried them but they get good Yelp reviews. I can order either an orange cake with passionfruit frosting, an orange cake with mango frosting, a strawberry cake with guava frosting, a pineapple cake with pineapple frosting, a pineapple cake with coconut pineapple frosting, or a Rainbow cake which has lime, orange, strawberry cake layers with guava, lime, and passionfruit frosting layers. Hmmm decisions...

Happy birthday! Hopefully an awesome score as a bday present. I've never had guava frosting, but it sounds delicious. I'd go with that one just to try it.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”