FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS GREY CONFIRMED!!!!

Who will be the first person you tell your score?

Parents
28
29%
Spouse
21
22%
Sibling/kids/Other family member
4
4%
Friends
14
15%
This Thread
9
9%
No one loves me
10
11%
What score?
9
9%
 
Total votes: 95

User avatar
The Abyss
Posts: 2735
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:04 pm

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Postby The Abyss » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:03 pm

storpappa wrote:
The Abyss wrote:The first spring training games are just a few days away. I might drive down to Florida to catch a Tigers game or two in Lakeland. Can't beat 3rd base line seats, first row for like 20 bucks.

Are you thinking of doing a one day thing, or a whole grapefruit league circuit?


The last time I went, I was able to catch 3 Tigers games and 1 Braves game. The Tigers are my team, and I like seeing all the different guys striving for a roster spot. I've lived in Atlanta for many years, so I follow the Braves casually. I'd like to check out a Pirates game because my wife is a fan of theirs.

So to actually answer you, I'd probably stick to the Tigers and see 1 or 2 more teams. Maybe stay down there for a long 4 day weekend.

User avatar
storpappa
Posts: 1397
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:06 am

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Postby storpappa » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:11 pm

The Abyss wrote:
storpappa wrote:
The Abyss wrote:The first spring training games are just a few days away. I might drive down to Florida to catch a Tigers game or two in Lakeland. Can't beat 3rd base line seats, first row for like 20 bucks.

Are you thinking of doing a one day thing, or a whole grapefruit league circuit?


The last time I went, I was able to catch 3 Tigers games and 1 Braves game. The Tigers are my team, and I like seeing all the different guys striving for a roster spot. I've lived in Atlanta for many years, so I follow the Braves casually. I'd like to check out a Pirates game because my wife is a fan of theirs.

So to actually answer you, I'd probably stick to the Tigers and see 1 or 2 more teams. Maybe stay down there for a long 4 day weekend.


Moving from the north to the south (south-ish / Florida) took some getting used to tickets and events. The NASCAR guys all buy their tickets a year in advance, the day the races and, so you can't easily get into their group for joining. But baseball, easy to get an outing going with coworkers, clients , friend and family. So many games to choose from on the schedule.

Baseball is an opening day tailgate event, but football, pro and college, you can (if you have the tickets) get a party for every game.

That I think is one reason baseball needs a shorter season. Sure you can see games all summer, but they aren't as exciting because they aren't, not rare, but less common.

ilikebaseball
Posts: 4103
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:04 am

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Postby ilikebaseball » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:14 pm

id make the argument that baseball's certain unique charm is that you can literally go everyday, and for a great price. Its such a relaxing experience. Nothing on tv today? Bet baseball is. Lonely and wanna go to the bar for some reason? Well hey, at least the ballgame is on. its not meant to be exciting. That's the draw, in my opinion, to baseball.
Last edited by ilikebaseball on Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
texasaggie10
Posts: 218
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:56 am

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Postby texasaggie10 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:15 pm

RaiderRed wrote:Best thing about Texas: spring grilling weather. Outdoor TV, fire pit, and fajitas.


Amen!!

My LSAC account says they will email the scores on the 3rd. Does anyone else's say this?

ilikebaseball
Posts: 4103
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:04 am

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Postby ilikebaseball » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:15 pm

texasaggie10 wrote:
RaiderRed wrote:Best thing about Texas: spring grilling weather. Outdoor TV, fire pit, and fajitas.


Amen!!

My LSAC account says they will email the scores on the 3rd. Does anyone else's say this?

ya but they iz liars.

btw, just was watchin your ags lose to ark the other day live.

User avatar
TetrisBlock
Posts: 222
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:35 pm

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Postby TetrisBlock » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:20 pm

storpappa wrote:
The Abyss wrote:
storpappa wrote:
The Abyss wrote:The first spring training games are just a few days away. I might drive down to Florida to catch a Tigers game or two in Lakeland. Can't beat 3rd base line seats, first row for like 20 bucks.

Are you thinking of doing a one day thing, or a whole grapefruit league circuit?


The last time I went, I was able to catch 3 Tigers games and 1 Braves game. The Tigers are my team, and I like seeing all the different guys striving for a roster spot. I've lived in Atlanta for many years, so I follow the Braves casually. I'd like to check out a Pirates game because my wife is a fan of theirs.

So to actually answer you, I'd probably stick to the Tigers and see 1 or 2 more teams. Maybe stay down there for a long 4 day weekend.


Moving from the north to the south (south-ish / Florida) took some getting used to tickets and events. The NASCAR guys all buy their tickets a year in advance, the day the races and, so you can't easily get into their group for joining. But baseball, easy to get an outing going with coworkers, clients , friend and family. So many games to choose from on the schedule.

Baseball is an opening day tailgate event, but football, pro and college, you can (if you have the tickets) get a party for every game.

That I think is one reason baseball needs a shorter season. Sure you can see games all summer, but they aren't as exciting because they aren't, not rare, but less common.


1) You don't need tickets to tailgate for football, especially in college.
2) Baseball is the sporting equivalent of live theater. It's on frequently and is pretty easy to go to, but it's still unique enough that it's a great outing for the afternoon/night. It's not really meant to be intense aside from playoffs.

That last part might be unique to baseball and not theater.

User avatar
The Abyss
Posts: 2735
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:04 pm

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Postby The Abyss » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:23 pm

ilikebaseball wrote:id make the argument that baseball's certain unique charm is that you can literally go everyday, and for a great price. Its such a relaxing experience. Nothing on tv today? Bet baseball is. Lonely and wanna go to the bar for some reason? Well hey, at least the ballgame is on. its not meant to be exciting. That's the draw, in my opinion, to baseball.


I agree 100%. I love going to day games in summer when I can. They are usually less crowded, and you can kick your feet up on the seat in front of you, drink a beer, have a conversation with a friend and watch the ball game. It's very relaxing and fun.

Football, on the other hand, is a much more intense experience. Especially if you are emotionally invested in the team(s) you are watching. Of course baseball can be like this, but with a 162 games a single loss isn't stressful like a loss in football.

User avatar
nlee10
Posts: 3016
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:00 pm

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Postby nlee10 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:23 pm

Is today anyone else's leg day?

User avatar
Shakawkaw
Posts: 2709
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:15 pm

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Postby Shakawkaw » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:25 pm

nlee10 wrote:Is today anyone else's leg day?


It's always leg day for me.

User avatar
Rigo
Posts: 11952
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Postby Rigo » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:26 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
storpappa
Posts: 1397
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:06 am

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Postby storpappa » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:29 pm

Is it an accomplishment to say "I am waitlisted at Yale"
Image
Last edited by storpappa on Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
The Abyss
Posts: 2735
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:04 pm

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Postby The Abyss » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:29 pm

nlee10 wrote:Is today anyone else's leg day?


I do some variation of squats nearly every workout. I don't really have a leg day.

User avatar
IsThisForReal
Posts: 3430
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:29 am

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Postby IsThisForReal » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:30 pm

nlee10 wrote:Is today anyone else's leg day?

I need to get back on that train.

User avatar
nlee10
Posts: 3016
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:00 pm

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Postby nlee10 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:33 pm

Trying to get consistent again with my programming. Today calls for 7x3 at 315 low bar.

ilikebaseball
Posts: 4103
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:04 am

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Postby ilikebaseball » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:38 pm

step your game up son

User avatar
WhiskeyAndCupcakes
Posts: 1076
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:52 pm

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Postby WhiskeyAndCupcakes » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:42 pm

.
Last edited by WhiskeyAndCupcakes on Fri May 29, 2015 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Smallville
Posts: 4745
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:57 am

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Postby Smallville » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:42 pm

nlee10 wrote:Is today anyone else's leg day?

shoulders, tm is leg day... and D Day(im convinced) gunna be rough, should go get my fireball today

User avatar
storpappa
Posts: 1397
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:06 am

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Postby storpappa » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:43 pm

My VINE with the highest views is 556 ....
Deep thoughts by Storpappa

User avatar
peppermint
Posts: 2168
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:55 pm

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Postby peppermint » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:44 pm

WhiskeyAndCupcakes wrote:Unless yoga or running eating somehow counts as "leg day," it's never leg day in Whiskey's peppermint's World.


Also ETA- welcome TXAggie! Always happy to see more Texans ITT

User avatar
WhiskeyAndCupcakes
Posts: 1076
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:52 pm

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Postby WhiskeyAndCupcakes » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:46 pm

.
Last edited by WhiskeyAndCupcakes on Fri May 29, 2015 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
peppermint
Posts: 2168
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:55 pm

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Postby peppermint » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:48 pm

WhiskeyAndCupcakes wrote:
peppermint wrote:
WhiskeyAndCupcakes wrote:Unless yoga or running eating somehow counts as "leg day," it's never leg day in Whiskey's peppermint's World.


You're my favorite more and more everyday, Pepp.

<3

It's b/c we're both fat kids at heart & understand each other's undying love for food :mrgreen:

User avatar
Dr. Nefario
Posts: 2367
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:07 pm

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Postby Dr. Nefario » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:50 pm

nlee10 wrote:Is today anyone else's leg day?

Tomorrow but mine still hurt from last leg day.

User avatar
usn26
Posts: 800
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Postby usn26 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:52 pm

nlee10 wrote:Is today anyone else's leg day?


Not per se, but I did some T25 Cardio today, and that stuff shreds my legs.

User avatar
texasaggie10
Posts: 218
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:56 am

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Postby texasaggie10 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:53 pm

[quote="storpappa"]Is it an accomplishment to say "I am waitlisted at Yale"



Are you waitlisted pending LSAT scores?

LSAT score is the only thing my applications are lacking. This wait is killing me!

ilikebaseball
Posts: 4103
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:04 am

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Postby ilikebaseball » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:57 pm

texasaggie10 wrote:
storpappa wrote:Is it an accomplishment to say "I am waitlisted at Yale"



Are you waitlisted pending LSAT scores?

LSAT score is the only thing my applications are lacking. This wait is killing me!

your application is not considered complete without an LSAT score. So he was WL'd per a previous LSAT score, not this coming one.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], greatspirit, Yahoo [Bot] and 3 guests