FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS GREY CONFIRMED!!!!

Who will be the first person you tell your score?

Parents
29%
Spouse
22%
Sibling/kids/Other family member
4%
Friends
15%
This Thread
9%
No one loves me
11%
What score?
9%

Total votes: 95

WhiskeyAndCupcakes

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Postby WhiskeyAndCupcakes » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:49 am

Last edited by WhiskeyAndCupcakes on Fri May 29, 2015 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

schmelling

Post removed.

Postby schmelling » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:49 am

Post removed.
Last edited by schmelling on Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

WhiskeyAndCupcakes

Postby WhiskeyAndCupcakes » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:57 am

Last edited by WhiskeyAndCupcakes on Fri May 29, 2015 12:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Dr. Nefario

Postby Dr. Nefario » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:58 am

Yay! It's a Texan trifecta of PWs today.

peppermint

Postby peppermint » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:59 am

Whiskey, you're gorgeous! And I'm loving that glimpse of the clear TX sky in the background too

WhiskeyAndCupcakes

Postby WhiskeyAndCupcakes » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:03 am

Last edited by WhiskeyAndCupcakes on Fri May 29, 2015 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dr. Nefario

Postby Dr. Nefario » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:04 am

WhiskeyAndCupcakes wrote:
peppermint wrote:Whiskey, you're gorgeous! And I'm loving that glimpse of the clear TX sky in the background too

You're generous. And it's a pic from earlier (obviously), but the Texas sky is the best sky :)

I agree with pep.

peppermint

Postby peppermint » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:07 am

peppermint wrote:Whiskey, you're gorgeous! And I'm loving that glimpse of the clear TX sky in the background too

You're generous. And it's a pic from earlier (obviously), but the Texas sky is the best sky :)

Yep, the TX sky is the best :D And hush, you're beautiful

ilikebaseball

Postby ilikebaseball » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:17 am

shirtless pw right now

gamerish

Post removed...

Postby gamerish » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:04 am

Post removed...
Last edited by gamerish on Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:39 am, edited 7 times in total.

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:53 am

WhiskeyAndCupcakes wrote:[img]five%20minutes%20is%20fast[/img]

Nooo missed it :/ lol

... Possibly 1 more day

EvergreenStateLady

Postby EvergreenStateLady » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:49 am

peppermint wrote:
zacboro wrote:Whiskey and cupcakes what is TCR when it comes to the whiskey:cupcake ratio.

A two finger pour and one cupcake :)

Now the question here is: what kind of cupcake :P

Something like dark chocolate espresso cake with coffee cream cheese frosting in the Winter.
Pumpkin cake with cinnamon cream cheese frosting in the Fall.
Lemon cake with fresh raspberry cream cheese frosting in the Summer.
Snickerdoodle cake with buttercream frosting in the Spring.

Or, we could combine them at the get go and do chocolate bourbon cake with dark chocolate ganache.

Those all sound good. One of our local cupcake places have really good Dark chocolate cake with salted caramel frosting. I also like their white cake with lavender frosting and I love their carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. Those first two are cupcakes they offer all year round but they always have a ton of seasonal options as well. Carrot cake is usually a fall seasonal I think or maybe it's just available on and off year round.

http://cupcakeroyale.com/flavor/cupcakes/

I'm not going downtown before the 28th but the seasonal Malted Milk Chocolate Cupcake and the Chocolate Dipped Strawberry Cupcake both look really good. I love cupcakes that have fruit compotes in the middle.

EvergreenStateLady

Postby EvergreenStateLady » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:02 am

The Abyss wrote:
leslieknope wrote:
The Abyss wrote:Skip the cupcake and make the whiskey a double.

I am 99% sure I once saw an episode of Cupcake Wars where they made whiskey cupcakes. Just, you know, saying.

(I used to watch Cupcake Wars on the treadmill. Self-trolling at its finest)

I'm not a fan of cupcakes but I love whiskey. Maybe a whiskey cupcake would change my mind.

I'm not much of a sweets person at all, except for strawberry rhubarb pie. That stuff is awesome.

Man I love pie so much. No offense to cupcakes and cake but pie is so much more delicious.

This is my favorite pie place but they have become expensive.

http://www.alamodeseattle.com/#!menu/cjg9

Their Bourbon Butterscotch pie is my favorite cream pie but their Summer Peach pie is my absolute favorite.
I also love the Blue Hawaiian, the Hazelnut Marionberry, the Star Spangled Cherry, the Strawberry Rhubarb, the Peanut Butter Mousse, the Mexican Chocolate, and the White Chocolate Banana Cream. All their pies are good though.

We had pies from there for our wedding instead of cake. We had 20 pies and only around 45 people came to the wedding. Lol! Quite a few people took pies with them. CE and I had a crazy pie devouring week before we left for the honeymoon. It was so awesome.

EvergreenStateLady

Postby EvergreenStateLady » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:11 am

WhiskeyAndCupcakes wrote:Okay, okay.

So we need a Feb waiters dinner party. I'll bring bourbon cupcakes and also bourbon.

Pepp and schmel are cooking dinner together. Unusual is bringing sides or something.

Leslie is bringing dessert not made with whiskey.

Raider is keeping an eye on the thread page count throughout dinner.

I'll bring a Bourbon Butterscotch pie. :mrgreen:

EvergreenStateLady

Postby EvergreenStateLady » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:17 am

brusselsprouts wrote:it feels like studying for this test was YEARS ago. I seriously never want my score ahhhh so much anxiety. thank god for red wine and broad city. and parks and rec. and friends. netflix mostly.

I also managed to catch a few pws today and it was good fun. y'all are cuties.

I also had a dream last night that i went to texas for law school and was totalllly into it. hmm. i hate cold.

I'm so loving your tar brusselsprouts! It's too cute. ^_^

usn26

Postby usn26 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:33 am

Y'all post so fast every time I step away. Can someone translate "pw" for me?

EvergreenStateLady

Postby EvergreenStateLady » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:36 am

usn26 wrote:Y'all post so fast every time I step away. Can someone translate "pw" for me?

It stands for pic whore but most people use it to mean that they want someone to post a personal pic.

Dr. Nefario

Postby Dr. Nefario » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:08 am

I am a PW

EvergreenStateLady

Postby EvergreenStateLady » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:09 am

I have an odd question that no one will probably know the answer to. Why is it that marionberries are only such a big deal in the West Coast / Pacific Northwest?

Do they not grow well anywhere else? Even then I don't understand why they wouldn't be popular because popular foods don't need to grow locally like bananas for example. I've never seen a Marionberry pie or Marionberry ice cream in other parts of the country. Marionberry ice cream is a very common flavor around here and if a place sells pie they almost always sell Marionberry pie. I've had people in other parts of the country tell me that they didn't even know what a marionberry was. :p

It's just strange because Marionberries are such a superior blackberry variety compared to wild blackberries - except our little Pacific Northwest native blackberry Rubus ursinus.

Dr. Nefario

Postby Dr. Nefario » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:14 am

EvergreenStateLady wrote:I have an odd question that no one will probably know the answer to. Why is it that marionberries are only such a big deal in the West Coast / Pacific Northwest?

Do they not grow well anywhere else? Even then I don't understand why they wouldn't be popular because popular foods don't need to grow locally like bananas for example. I've never seen a Marionberry pie or Marionberry ice cream in other parts of the country. Marionberry ice cream is a very common flavor around here and if a place sells pie they almost always sell Marionberry pie. I've had people in other parts of the country tell me that they didn't even know what a marionberry was. :p

It's just strange because Marionberries are such a superior blackberry variety compared to wild blackberries - except our little Pacific Northwest native blackberry Rubus ursinus.

I've never heard of marionberries here. I know my grandpa grows blackberries in his garden but I think they're just wild blackberries. I'll have to ask if he's heard of them because he's been growing fruit and vegetables forever.

EvergreenStateLady

Postby EvergreenStateLady » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:23 am

RaiderRed wrote:
EvergreenStateLady wrote:I have an odd question that no one will probably know the answer to. Why is it that marionberries are only such a big deal in the West Coast / Pacific Northwest?

I've never heard of marionberries here. I know my grandpa grows blackberries in his garden but I think they're just wild blackberries. I'll have to ask if he's heard of them because he's been growing fruit and vegetables forever.

I looked it up Marionberries have been around since 1956.

Also I love gardens, it's cool your grandpa is so into gardening. My grandparents on my mother's side both loved to garden and I always loved helping them. My favorite thing was digging up potatoes. It was like a game to try to find them all and it was always a surprise how big they would be. Plus there'd be surprise potato plants the next year if you missed any.

ETA: If you ever see fresh Marionberries for sale definitely buy some. They are so much more flavorful than wild blackberries. They also are two to three times as big as wild blackberries. They are just the right balance of sweet and tart. They have a deep flavor to them as well that is often described as being wine like. They are the perfect cooking / baking berry because they are huge and juicy. I also like Tayberries, Boysenberries, Olallieberries, and Loganberries but none of them are as good as Marionberries.

MikeSpivey

Postby MikeSpivey » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:10 am

Any chance it is today? Would be a nice surprise!

ilikebaseball

Postby ilikebaseball » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:12 am

MikeSpivey wrote:Any chance it is today? Would be a nice surprise!
Last edited by ilikebaseball on Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

usn26

Postby usn26 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:20 am

MikeSpivey wrote:Any chance it is today? Would be a nice surprise!

Oh Spivey, don't taunt me with such hope/fear. :shock:

ilikebaseball

Postby ilikebaseball » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:27 am

its happening today.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”