FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS GREY CONFIRMED!!!!

Who will be the first person you tell your score?

Parents
28
29%
Spouse
21
22%
Sibling/kids/Other family member
4
4%
Friends
14
15%
This Thread
9
9%
No one loves me
10
11%
What score?
9
9%
 
Total votes: 95

User avatar
nlee10
Posts: 3016
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:00 pm

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Postby nlee10 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:43 pm

It's all about calories in vs calories out. I approve of pop tarts and doughnuts for breakfast.

User avatar
Dr. Nefario
Posts: 2364
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:07 pm

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Postby Dr. Nefario » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:48 pm

I wouldn't feel bad about the burger if it weren't for this supposed to be a rest day and now I feel like I should workout. But man it was good. Twisted root is heaven.

User avatar
peppermint
Posts: 2168
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:55 pm

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Postby peppermint » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:59 pm

RaiderRed wrote:I wouldn't feel bad about the burger if it weren't for this supposed to be a rest day and now I feel like I should workout. But man it was good. Twisted root is heaven.

Had to google Twisted Root, the menu looks awesome! I'll have to check it out the next time I'm in TX

Boston doesn't have any amazing burger places. It has decent ones, but mostly the good ones are at the big chains like 5 Guys. The best burger I ever had was at Bobby's Burgers in Philly, right near the Penn campus. I use to eat there all the time after class! So delicious, and they would put potato chips on the burger itself so that added crunch was pretty cool

User avatar
Dr. Nefario
Posts: 2364
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:07 pm

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Postby Dr. Nefario » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:18 pm

peppermint wrote:
RaiderRed wrote:I wouldn't feel bad about the burger if it weren't for this supposed to be a rest day and now I feel like I should workout. But man it was good. Twisted root is heaven.

Had to google Twisted Root, the menu looks awesome! I'll have to check it out the next time I'm in TX

Boston doesn't have any amazing burger places. It has decent ones, but mostly the good ones are at the big chains like 5 Guys. The best burger I ever had was at Bobby's Burgers in Philly, right near the Penn campus. I use to eat there all the time after class! So delicious, and they would put potato chips on the burger itself so that added crunch was pretty cool


That sounds amazing. Twisted root was a Dallas company but they've been moving to other parts of Texas recently including out west. They have a burger with bacon, smothered fries, and a fried egg on it and it's like a hamburger brunch.

User avatar
schmelling
Posts: 1090
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:15 am

Post removed.

Postby schmelling » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:39 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by schmelling on Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Donashimen
Posts: 263
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:42 pm

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Postby Donashimen » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:47 pm

Hey guys! Is anybody else having a crappy time with the FAFSA Application? Its saying I have a bachelors degree and I don't qualify for FAFSA :(

User avatar
Smallville
Posts: 4740
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:57 am

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Postby Smallville » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:47 pm

nlee10 wrote:To get our minds off grey day....how's everyone's fitness/nutrition progress?

not bad, besides going snowboarding and cheating a little I've been sticking to my plan, tasty food too + haven't missed a workout (except my optional cardio :oops: )

User avatar
justabitunusual
Posts: 1089
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:28 pm

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Postby justabitunusual » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:49 pm

psa... pandora's "claire du lune for piano" station is where it's at...esp for sleepy kids who don't want to sleep...on for less than 10 mins and out cold (future ref for all you kidless ppl)

User avatar
justabitunusual
Posts: 1089
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:28 pm

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Postby justabitunusual » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:50 pm

Donashimen wrote:Hey guys! Is anybody else having a crappy time with the FAFSA Application? Its saying I have a bachelors degree and I don't qualify for FAFSA :(


No you don't qualify for federal aid through fafsa after you have a bachelor's but if your school requires you to fill out a fafsa for their purposes in determining your financial need, i guess they can still use it for their purposes regardless

User avatar
Dr. Nefario
Posts: 2364
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:07 pm

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Postby Dr. Nefario » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:52 pm

justabitunusual wrote:psa... pandora's "claire du lune for piano" station is where it's at...esp for sleepy kids who don't want to sleep...on for less than 10 mins and out cold (future ref for all you kidless ppl)


I will keep this in mind but it'll be five more years before I have them prolly.

User avatar
justabitunusual
Posts: 1089
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:28 pm

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Postby justabitunusual » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:53 pm

it's also nice for some easy listening...like i could prob write a blog and sip some wine w this in the background....has a contemplative effect on me :)

User avatar
Shakawkaw
Posts: 2695
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:15 pm

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Postby Shakawkaw » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:56 pm

justabitunusual wrote:
Donashimen wrote:Hey guys! Is anybody else having a crappy time with the FAFSA Application? Its saying I have a bachelors degree and I don't qualify for FAFSA :(


No you don't qualify for federal aid through fafsa after you have a bachelor's but if your school requires you to fill out a fafsa for their purposes in determining your financial need, i guess they can still use it for their purposes regardless


Doesn't it only make sense to fill out federal aid forms if you qualify for waivers by LSAC's standards? The standard for federal grants on a graduate level, particularly law schools, is quite high, isn't it? And IIRC, if you're under a certain age (I think it's 26?), they ask for your parent's income and factor it into your eligibility? I just assumed completing the FAFSA is a waste of time when it comes to lawl school. Can someone correct me on this? Tyia.

User avatar
Donashimen
Posts: 263
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:42 pm

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Postby Donashimen » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:59 pm

Shakawkaw wrote:
justabitunusual wrote:
Donashimen wrote:Hey guys! Is anybody else having a crappy time with the FAFSA Application? Its saying I have a bachelors degree and I don't qualify for FAFSA :(


No you don't qualify for federal aid through fafsa after you have a bachelor's but if your school requires you to fill out a fafsa for their purposes in determining your financial need, i guess they can still use it for their purposes regardless


Doesn't it only make sense to fill out federal aid forms if you qualify for waivers by LSAC's standards? The standard for federal grants on a graduate level, particularly law schools, is quite high, isn't it? And IIRC, if you're under a certain age (I think it's 26?), they ask for your parent's income and factor it into your eligibility? I just assumed completing the FAFSA is a waste of time when it comes to lawl school. Can someone correct me on this? Tyia.



I just filled out the FAFSA Application. I understand we don't qualify for grants but we still have to apply to Financial aid for loans. And I tried going back to add more schools and it won't let me. Just having issues with crap like this. :(

User avatar
schmelling
Posts: 1090
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:15 am

Post removed.

Postby schmelling » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:59 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by schmelling on Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
justabitunusual
Posts: 1089
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:28 pm

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Postby justabitunusual » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:59 pm

Shakawkaw wrote:
justabitunusual wrote:
Donashimen wrote:Hey guys! Is anybody else having a crappy time with the FAFSA Application? Its saying I have a bachelors degree and I don't qualify for FAFSA :(


No you don't qualify for federal aid through fafsa after you have a bachelor's but if your school requires you to fill out a fafsa for their purposes in determining your financial need, i guess they can still use it for their purposes regardless


Doesn't it only make sense to fill out federal aid forms if you qualify for waivers by LSAC's standards? The standard for federal grants on a graduate level, particularly law schools, is quite high, isn't it? And IIRC, if you're under a certain age (I think it's 26?), they ask for your parent's income and factor it into your eligibility? I just assumed completing the FAFSA is a waste of time when it comes to lawl school. Can someone correct me on this? Tyia.


Um, I'm pretty sure you can't get fafsa or any federal aid (in the way of grants/free $$) for graduate level studies, i think most of the grants come from the schools or outside sources....as far as fafsa and parental income being a factor, you don't have to enter your parent's info if you are considered independent, regardless of age. For example, let's say someone was emancipated or married younger than the age listed in the form, etc. that person is considered independent and they don't have to enter parental income on fafsa.

eta: Also, if like D said it's for loan purposes or if it's for the school to determine financial need they can access your fafsa and make it easier to do so....that sucks it won't allow you to add more schools D, but i would contact either fafsa or the school directly and ask them how to proceed

eta2: Shaka... I think in this latter case, each school will have different qualifications, so it still may be worth it...and if you've ever filled out a fafsa before, it saves your info and is really quick to fill it out again, at least it was for me.
Last edited by justabitunusual on Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
storpappa
Posts: 1397
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:06 am

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Postby storpappa » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:05 pm

Yep, you still need to fill it out. It pulls your IRS data, and is the standard. Let me help by sharing an email that came in this week on this issue. Hope it helps.



Because of the mechanism by which the university awards aid to graduate students, we will not actually send out a 2015-2016 Financial Aid Notification to admitted students until early June. That said, Federal Student Aid for graduate students is very predictable. Eligible applicants normally receive a $20,500 Direct Unsubsidized Stafford Loan. You will have the option to accept the full amount of that loan, reject the loan offer, or make a reduction as appropriate.

Students who need funding beyond this amount, typically apply for a Direct Graduate PLUS Loan. You can submit your Graduate PLUS request on-line after the initial award notice has been sent in early June. You can borrow up to our Estimated Cost of Attendance, less any other type of aid that you are receiving. Because the Dept. of Education will conduct a credit check, it is a good idea to check your credit report now (http://www.annualcreditreport.com) so that you have time to clear up any potential problem areas prior to submitting your PLUS Loan request. Financial Aid typically disburses about a week prior to the first day of class...

At this time, Congress has not authorized the extension of the Federal Perkins Loan program beyond the current academic year. As such, it is unclear at this time whether we will be awarding Perkins Loan to incoming students this year.

User avatar
Donashimen
Posts: 263
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:42 pm

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Postby Donashimen » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:10 pm

storpappa wrote:Yep, you still need to fill it out. It pulls your IRS data, and is the standard. Let me help by sharing an email that came in this week on this issue. Hope it helps.



Because of the mechanism by which the university awards aid to graduate students, we will not actually send out a 2015-2016 Financial Aid Notification to admitted students until early June. That said, Federal Student Aid for graduate students is very predictable. Eligible applicants normally receive a $20,500 Direct Unsubsidized Stafford Loan. You will have the option to accept the full amount of that loan, reject the loan offer, or make a reduction as appropriate.

Students who need funding beyond this amount, typically apply for a Direct Graduate PLUS Loan. You can submit your Graduate PLUS request on-line after the initial award notice has been sent in early June. You can borrow up to our Estimated Cost of Attendance, less any other type of aid that you are receiving. Because the Dept. of Education will conduct a credit check, it is a good idea to check your credit report now (http://www.annualcreditreport.com) so that you have time to clear up any potential problem areas prior to submitting your PLUS Loan request. Financial Aid typically disburses about a week prior to the first day of class...

At this time, Congress has not authorized the extension of the Federal Perkins Loan program beyond the current academic year. As such, it is unclear at this time whether we will be awarding Perkins Loan to incoming students this year.



Thanks that helps a lot!

User avatar
justabitunusual
Posts: 1089
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:28 pm

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Postby justabitunusual » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:11 pm

there is a certain sense of accomplishment when we are answering OT questions :roll:

User avatar
Donashimen
Posts: 263
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:42 pm

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Postby Donashimen » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:12 pm

So does everyone stop chatting here after we get our scores? That makes me really sad :(

User avatar
nlee10
Posts: 3016
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:00 pm

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Postby nlee10 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:19 pm

Donashimen wrote:So does everyone stop chatting here after we get our scores? That makes me really sad :(

If retake= June Thread
If done forever= pop in here and there.

User avatar
TheProdigal
Posts: 1026
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:33 pm

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Postby TheProdigal » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:22 pm

nlee10 wrote:
Donashimen wrote:So does everyone stop chatting here after we get our scores? That makes me really sad :(

If retake= June Thread
If done forever= pop in here and there.


Care to reveal your no-retake threshold?

User avatar
nlee10
Posts: 3016
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:00 pm

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Postby nlee10 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:24 pm

TheProdigal wrote:
nlee10 wrote:
Donashimen wrote:So does everyone stop chatting here after we get our scores? That makes me really sad :(

If retake= June Thread
If done forever= pop in here and there.


Care to reveal your no-retake threshold?

170. I can probably get into my top choice with a 168/169 but a 170 looks nice too. :mrgreen:

User avatar
TheProdigal
Posts: 1026
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:33 pm

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Postby TheProdigal » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:26 pm

Aren't round numbers just great? :D

User avatar
storpappa
Posts: 1397
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:06 am

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Postby storpappa » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:51 pm

Have you already written your email to schools you have already applied, to notify them of your Feb score? if so, care to share the letter / email (redacted)?

User avatar
peppermint
Posts: 2168
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:55 pm

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Postby peppermint » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:55 pm

schmelling wrote:Is that bobby flay's burger place? Cause there's one of those near me and I have never been.

Yep, it's Bobby Flay's place. You should def check it out when you get the chance! I get the crunchburger which is the potato chip one :)

nlee10 wrote:
Donashimen wrote:So does everyone stop chatting here after we get our scores? That makes me really sad :(

If retake= June Thread
If done forever= pop in here and there.

I'm gonna miss y'all when you guys rock it & leave the prep forum :(

Prob gonna go on TLS hiatus soon anyway so I can get stuff done. Poasting is addictive!

Also, I miss Mist.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 180orDie, BamBam2772, batlaw, BobBoblaw, Elyane, SunDevil14, ThatOneAfrican, trenhardeatclen and 18 guests