FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS GREY CONFIRMED!!!!

Who will be the first person you tell your score?

Parents
29%
Spouse
22%
Sibling/kids/Other family member
4%
Friends
15%
This Thread
9%
No one loves me
11%
What score?
9%

Total votes: 95

nlee10

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Postby nlee10 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:04 pm

LawsRUs wrote:do you really think the release date is 3/3?

Prob 3/1 or 2/28.

ETA: 3/1 is a sunday....so probably 2/28. lol

Dr. Nefario

Postby Dr. Nefario » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:04 pm

No that's just the published date. will probably be a few day earlier

Rstein888

Postby Rstein888 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:05 pm

@Tetrisblock 171 was a on PT that I had previously taken about a year ago for December 2013 so I am not sure how much I remembered. Same with a few of my PTS. Not ideal but I burned a lot in past and had no choice. I guess my redeeming factor is that my absolute worst PT this time in test-day conditions (5 sections, simulation dvd) was a 163 out of the 20 plus that i took but that was pretty rare. Honestly, just trying to get into a top 50 with scholarship hopefully so a 160 or above would do.
Last edited by Rstein888 on Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TetrisBlock

Postby TetrisBlock » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:05 pm

TheProdigal wrote:The more I'm thinking about it, with 3 about equally bad LR sections, I'm no longer certain it will be a brutal curve. I walked out feeling awesome, but now I'm just left with the feeling there was a lot of weird shit in there.

I felt the questions didn't get hard till the very end, but they weren't hard in the usual way lately of a difficult stimulus. They were hard because there would be 3 answers I could legitimately see picking. So my thinking that the curve is going to be brutal/stingy is based on the assumption that I picked the right one of those choices, whereas in September and December I had trouble with the stimulus which made me think the curve would be generous/easy. Hopefully we're wrong and the curve is generous!

justabitunusual

Postby justabitunusual » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:05 pm

Tbc in agreeing with the -8 curve prediction I wasn't saying that it was an easy test, just that comparatively speaking it seems that this test would fall in the lower range for curve. So, I personally don't think I got a 180, or anything, but also don't think the curve will be major.

TetrisBlock

Postby TetrisBlock » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:07 pm

CambrianExplosives wrote:RC was definitely a monster. Ownership was brutal. I'm keeping my hopes up though.

I guess you could say...it owned you?? Or you could say that everyone else was not owned by it and therefore you were owned by it.

Rstein888

Postby Rstein888 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:07 pm

The thing is I feel like there is always 1 section there is one that is obviously the most difficult and jumps out at you. It's just more likely to be a problem if it's your weakest section to begin with.
Last edited by Rstein888 on Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sofie4400

Postby Sofie4400 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:08 pm

TetrisBlock wrote:
Sofie4400 wrote:I don't understand how people are saying this test was easy!! I got a 170 on the Dec test and was averaging around 175 on PrepTests, but I thought this test was difficult (due mainly to reading comp. and a few ambiguous LR questions), and wouldn't be surprised to see a 165 or lower personally.

Would be shocked to see less than a -10. You -8 guessers are making me think I should definitely cancel!

Aside from maybe Yale nobody cares about lower scores. Think of your 3 takes as a chance to receive the average of your preptests since only the highest counts. Also I think you're dramatically overestimating the likeilhood of getting a 165 if you're averaging 175 on preptests. How often have you actually gotten that low? With the December curve you would have had to miss 18 to get that. Reading comp and ambiguous LR means you could score lower or higher than you expect, but I wouldn't expect 165 at all.

Yeah I haven't gotten a 165 since before I read the PowerScore Logic Games Bible, back when I was LG-inept. Haha, and I'm just extra nervous because I was really confident on the Dec. test and ended up missing stupid points (bubbling wrong and got like the first 2 easiest LR questions wrong on one section by switching them) so if anything like that happens again, plus the reading comp, I'm doomed.

Went -3 on reading comp last time, but same as LeslieKnope, I struggled through the 3rd quantum physics passage and had 5 minutes to read and answer the last section. Womp.

Rstein888

Postby Rstein888 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:09 pm

TetrisBlock wrote:
Rstein888 wrote:I mean last time I was averaging 161 in practice and got a 155 which kind of blindsided me. I have been averaging 166 this time and felt alright about it but wouldn't be shocked if I got a 157 worst-case scenario. I mean RC wasn't great, LG was, but there were more than usual a few LR that I kind of second-guessed my self and did not find a definitive answer. I did everything I could though and had a PT high of 171 going in. If I didn't get at least a 160, I know my immediate reaction will be feeling like I got my wind knocked out..

If the PT 171 was on a test you had never done before, and your average of 166 were also on tests that you had never done before, then I would think 160+ would be a lock. You have to miss several questions to go up and down a point in that range, and if you improved your average practice score by 5 points then you dramatically improved your skill at the test. LR guesses are usually narrowed down to 2-3 choices so they're much better than guesses on LG. I'd feel good if I were you.

@Tetrisblock 171 was a on PT that I had previously taken about a year ago for December 2013 so I am not sure how much I remembered. Same with a few of my PTS. Not ideal but I burned a lot in past and had no choice. I guess my redeeming factor is that my absolute worst PT this time in test-day conditions (5 sections, simulation dvd) was a 163 out of the 20 plus that i took but that was pretty rare. Honestly, just trying to get into a top 50 with scholarship hopefully so a 160 or above would do.

justabitunusual

Postby justabitunusual » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:12 pm

RaiderRed wrote:Just realized I'm free from LOLSAT forever.

EXACTLY! RIGHT?!?!

Last edited by justabitunusual on Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nlee10

Postby nlee10 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:12 pm

TetrisBlock wrote:
TheProdigal wrote:The more I'm thinking about it, with 3 about equally bad LR sections, I'm no longer certain it will be a brutal curve. I walked out feeling awesome, but now I'm just left with the feeling there was a lot of weird shit in there.

I felt the questions didn't get hard till the very end, but they weren't hard in the usual way lately of a difficult stimulus. They were hard because there would be 3 answers I could legitimately see picking. So my thinking that the curve is going to be brutal/stingy is based on the assumption that I picked the right one of those choices, whereas in September and December I had trouble with the stimulus which made me think the curve would be generous/easy. Hopefully we're wrong and the curve is generous!

DUDE....THIS IS HOW I FELT ON BOTH LR.

lokikoala

Postby lokikoala » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:13 pm

Sofie4400 wrote:
TetrisBlock wrote:
Sofie4400 wrote:I don't understand how people are saying this test was easy!! I got a 170 on the Dec test and was averaging around 175 on PrepTests, but I thought this test was difficult (due mainly to reading comp. and a few ambiguous LR questions), and wouldn't be surprised to see a 165 or lower personally.

Would be shocked to see less than a -10. You -8 guessers are making me think I should definitely cancel!

Aside from maybe Yale nobody cares about lower scores. Think of your 3 takes as a chance to receive the average of your preptests since only the highest counts. Also I think you're dramatically overestimating the likeilhood of getting a 165 if you're averaging 175 on preptests. How often have you actually gotten that low? With the December curve you would have had to miss 18 to get that. Reading comp and ambiguous LR means you could score lower or higher than you expect, but I wouldn't expect 165 at all.

Yeah I haven't gotten a 165 since before I read the PowerScore Logic Games Bible, back when I was LG-inept. Haha, and I'm just extra nervous because I was really confident on the Dec. test and ended up missing stupid points (bubbling wrong and got like the first 2 easiest LR questions wrong on one section by switching them) so if anything like that happens again, plus the reading comp, I'm doomed.

Went -3 on reading comp last time, but same as LeslieKnope, I struggled through the 3rd quantum physics passage and had 5 minutes to read and answer the last section. Womp.

agree. went -2 RC in Dec (consistently my best section) and thought this one was hardest I've seen.

leslieknope

Postby leslieknope » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:15 pm

Sofie4400 wrote:

Lol this is hilarious because this is exactly what happened to me in December too, down to misbubbling two really easy LRs and losing two points that way. At the very least I'm pretty sure that didn't happen today, though, just because I was so paranoid that I checked that I transferred right like three times. Hopefully we'll both have some good RC news come grey day, it really is the black box of the LSAT.

TheProdigal

Postby TheProdigal » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:15 pm

nlee10 wrote:
TetrisBlock wrote:

DUDE....THIS IS HOW I FELT ON BOTH LR.

Damned if all the LR didn't just feel like a giant time suck. I've been finishing with 5+ minutes to spare, this time I barely had 1 or 2.

WhiskeyAndCupcakes

Postby WhiskeyAndCupcakes » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:18 pm

Last edited by WhiskeyAndCupcakes on Fri May 29, 2015 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

leslieknope

Postby leslieknope » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:38 pm

Anyway wine before 4pm and brownies and trashy television is 100% TCR to this day. We can be fitnesswaiterzzz later.

justabitunusual

Postby justabitunusual » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:40 pm

leslieknope wrote:Anyway wine before 4pm and brownies and trashy television is 100% TCR to this day. We can be fitnesswaiterzzz later.

Idk you, but i like you, hi. :D

nlee10

Postby nlee10 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:40 pm

leslieknope wrote:Anyway wine before 4pm and brownies and trashy television is 100% TCR to this day. We can be fitnesswaiterzzz later.

Tomorrow diet.

TheProdigal

Postby TheProdigal » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:44 pm

nlee10 wrote:

Tomorrow diet.

Tonight, we drink!

Tomorrow, too.

justabitunusual

Postby justabitunusual » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:46 pm

nlee10 wrote:

Tomorrow diet.

Nlee...was this your first LSAT? How does it feel to not have to study?

SevenCostanza

Postby SevenCostanza » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:50 pm

RaiderRed wrote:

There's a chance they send us our scores earlier? Or they release the curve earlier?

nlee10

Postby nlee10 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:52 pm

justabitunusual wrote:
nlee10 wrote:

Tomorrow diet.

Yup! Finally my first one after postponing from dec. feels really weird. Lol.

nlee10

Postby nlee10 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:52 pm

SevenCostanza wrote:
RaiderRed wrote:

There's a chance they send us our scores earlier? Or they release the curve earlier?

We will never know the curve.

justabitunusual

Postby justabitunusual » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:57 pm

nlee10 wrote:
justabitunusual wrote:
nlee10 wrote:

Tomorrow diet.

Yup! Finally my first one after postponing from dec. feels really weird. Lol.

I hope you felt postponing was worth it! I postponed a retake from Sept to now (as opposed to retaking in Dec) and I was glad I did...but, I remember how I felt the first time being finished, like any time I had free time, I felt like I should be studying or that I was forgetting to do something, lol...Now, I'm "looking forward to" studying/reading some pre-law writing course study material...but a little break is def going to happen first :)

Dr. Nefario

Postby Dr. Nefario » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:57 pm

And on the next day, all was calm.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”