FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS GREY CONFIRMED!!!!

Who will be the first person you tell your score?

Parents
29%
Spouse
22%
Sibling/kids/Other family member
4%
Friends
15%
This Thread
9%
No one loves me
11%
What score?
9%

Total votes: 95

storpappa

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Postby storpappa » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:21 pm

peppermint wrote:
nlee10 wrote:
storpappa wrote:We teach our children to celebrate many holidays
In our family (extended to cousins) we have Irish, British, Scottish, German, Lithuanian, Japanese, Chinese, Mexican, Spanish, Colombian, Italian, Native American

That expands more when we add friends - Indian, Ethiopian, Egyptian, Canadian, First Nation People, to name a few....

Diversity isn't just about being different, it is about welcoming other cultures and learning to embrace what they bring to the table of life

oh wow. That's awesome! Actually hoping to do this with my future family. I've grown up only celebrating traditional American and my own ethnic Holidays

My fam does this :) We have a crazy mix of cultures & ethnicities as well so we celebrate all sorts of holidays

We spent this morning driving the kids teaching them how to say Happy new Year, since from the drive this morning, they forgot from previous years teachings.

Our local Chinese school is too intense for my wife to let me send the kids, sadly.

schmelling

Post removed.

Postby schmelling » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:24 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by schmelling on Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dr. Nefario

Postby Dr. Nefario » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:31 pm

I'm just trying to celebrate if I don't die today.

The Abyss

Postby The Abyss » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:33 pm

schmelling wrote:Everything you all celebrate is Jewish. If Jesus was born on Dec 25th then January 1st is his bris. The pascal lamb is related to the term pesach in Judaism. And the body and blood of Jesus were matzo and wine respectively because the last supper was a passover Seder. Boom. You all stole our holidays, but its okay because yours are usually more joyful anyway.

And the December 25th thing and Easter are likely from pagan rituals or holidays.

The Abyss

Postby The Abyss » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:35 pm

RaiderRed wrote:I'm just trying to celebrate if I don't die today.

Are you expecting to maybe die today?

schmelling

Post removed.

Postby schmelling » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:36 pm

Post removed.

peppermint

Postby peppermint » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:42 pm

Oh yeah, you have your procedure today! Good luck and hope you recover soon!!

The Abyss

Postby The Abyss » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:43 pm

schmelling wrote:
The Abyss wrote:
schmelling wrote:Everything you all celebrate is Jewish. If Jesus was born on Dec 25th then January 1st is his bris. The pascal lamb is related to the term pesach in Judaism. And the body and blood of Jesus were matzo and wine respectively because the last supper was a passover Seder. Boom. You all stole our holidays, but its okay because yours are usually more joyful anyway.

And the December 25th thing and Easter are likely from pagan rituals or holidays.

The timing of easter is entirely based on passover. The 25th is so the feast of the corcumcision starts the new year.

I don't celebrate it, so it's not surprising that I'm wrong.

nlee10

Postby nlee10 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:48 pm

peppermint wrote:

Hope you have a safe time!
I probably missed a page or something but what are you going in for?

Rigo

Postby Rigo » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:50 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

storpappa

Postby storpappa » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:55 pm

Is polytheism, monotheism and nontheism now part of the circus?

santoki

Post removed.

Postby santoki » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:07 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by santoki on Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

sfoglia

Postby sfoglia » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:20 pm

*cough* Also many stolen from the Pagans *cough*

sfoglia

Postby sfoglia » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:20 pm

Dirigo wrote:
schmelling wrote:
The Abyss wrote:

The timing of easter is entirely based on passover. The 25th is so the feast of the corcumcision starts the new year.

Sorry dude but Easter is based on Jesus.
Inb4 "Jesus was a Jew!"

Jesus was born in April, right, not December? Do we even think he was crucified in Spring, or is that a lie, too?

EvergreenStateLady

Postby EvergreenStateLady » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:23 pm

Shakawkaw wrote:
usn26 wrote:
storpappa wrote:Yep - good day to hit up a local Asian market for dumplings and spring rolls for dinner.

Haha, or a good day to finally placate my girlfriend by eating Chinese takeout...

Good man. Fighting the good fight.

Lol. I snorted. :lol:

schmelling

Post removed.

Postby schmelling » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:32 pm

Post removed.

EvergreenStateLady

Postby EvergreenStateLady » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:40 pm

storpappa wrote:In real news, as you read this you will of course think back to my two previous stories about kids in school and never be able to forget

http://countercurrentnews.com/2015/02/h ... ested-her/

Thanks for that.

peppermint

Postby peppermint » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:54 pm

Stepped out for a few minutes to mail something at the post office, ended up tripping down the stairs & fell flat on my face in front of my boss and some of the other higher-ups. Great. So embarrassing :oops: I wish I could say I tripped gracefully like Jennifer Lawrence at the Oscars that one year, but nope.

Also, very fascinating discussion of Jesus's circumcision y'all got going on ITT.

Dr. Nefario

Postby Dr. Nefario » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:55 pm

nlee10 wrote:
peppermint wrote:

Hope you have a safe time!
I probably missed a page or something but what are you going in for?

Nothing major. Just being dramatic cause I've never had anesthesia until now. I just had an endoscopy cause I have been having severe chest pain but my heart is in perfect condition. Turns out I have a stomach ulcer so nothing major and very treatable.

EvergreenStateLady

Postby EvergreenStateLady » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:02 pm

usn26 wrote:School administrators are the worst. Just the absolute worst.

In college a guy and a lady were arguing during a discussion about one of our readings for class. They were starting to yell, the guy has a leg issue so when he was standing to yell he had his cane in his hand to help him up and support him. Our professor called the campus police because she felt threatened. It was super discriminatory which pissed me off. If he hadn't been a guy and I guarantee she wouldn't have called the campus police about a woman with a walking cane arguing. The woman arguing with the guy hadn't felt threatened.

I already disliked this professor and most of the people in the class were not fond of her teaching style. How can we have a seminar discussion if we aren't allowed to get passionate about what we are discussing? After this incident I just couldn't stand her as a person either because she was a major hypocrite.

Luckily the school didn't reprimand him and he wasn't arrested but we had really understanding campus police who were chosen by students. He quit the class after that and I don't blame him. I wish I had quit that class because it was just terrible.

EvergreenStateLady

Postby EvergreenStateLady » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:09 pm

storpappa wrote:
Shakawkaw wrote:
santoki wrote:
Shakawkaw wrote:I got Dunkin' Donuts coffee instead of Starbucks coffee and now my whole morning is off. :cry:

at least you arent basic for the day

I can't imagine your daily struggle as a basic bunny, toki. :twisted:

Lol. I forget about CollegeHumor sometimes.

schmelling

Post removed.

Postby schmelling » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:13 pm

Post removed.

usn26

Postby usn26 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:28 pm

schmelling wrote:
peppermint wrote:Stepped out for a few minutes to mail something at the post office, ended up tripping down the stairs & fell flat on my face in front of my boss and some of the other higher-ups. Great. So embarrassing :oops: I wish I could say I tripped gracefully like Jennifer Lawrence at the Oscars that one year, but nope.

Also, very fascinating discussion of Jesus's circumcision y'all got going on ITT.

Umm you okay?

+1 :shock:

peppermint

Postby peppermint » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:29 pm

usn26 wrote:
schmelling wrote:
peppermint wrote:Stepped out for a few minutes to mail something at the post office, ended up tripping down the stairs & fell flat on my face in front of my boss and some of the other higher-ups. Great. So embarrassing :oops: I wish I could say I tripped gracefully like Jennifer Lawrence at the Oscars that one year, but nope.

Umm you okay?

+1 :shock:

Haha, yep, I'm good. Nothing bruised except perhaps my ego. I sure made a great first impression with the higher ups :( Oh well.

EvergreenStateLady

Postby EvergreenStateLady » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:29 pm

Lol. But Christian's also stole a lot of pagan holidays because they placed their holidays during pagan holidays in order to make it easier to convert people. So does that make Christian holidays a mix of Jewish and pagan?

Well my dad's an atheist and my mom's agnostic so I guess we stole Christian holidays who stole Jewish and Pagan holidays. Everyone is just a bunch of holiday thieves. :wink: :roll:

I'm going to celebrate whatever I want to celebrate. Happy New Year!
Holidays just like birthdays are a great excuse to have a party. :mrgreen:

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”