FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS GREY CONFIRMED!!!! Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

Who will be the first person you tell your score?

Parents
29%
Spouse
22%
Sibling/kids/Other family member
4%
Friends
15%
This Thread
9%
No one loves me
11%
What score?
9%

Total votes: 95

Dr. Nefario

Gold

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Post by Dr. Nefario » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:07 pm

schmelling wrote:
RaiderRed wrote: Share the wealth!
damn liberals.

eta: scooped.
I'm a conservative in most politics but I'm a liberal in TLS sharing of the wealth.

justabitunusual

Silver

Post by justabitunusual » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:08 pm

Also...i wasn't gonna say anything, but figured i might as well since mbrah or whatever (the kid that got banned) might not be checking his tls mail...i sent a mssg to the mod and asked them to reconsider since i felt partially responsible and they said they would bring the ban down to a few days and a warning...so there's that :)

schmelling

Silver

Post removed.

Post by schmelling » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:11 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by schmelling on Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

EvergreenStateLady

Bronze

Post by EvergreenStateLady » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:13 pm

peppermint wrote:
santoki wrote:
Shakawkaw wrote:
landshoes wrote:Living in Boston right now gives me a whole new appreciation for New York City...
Say more.
yes please- thinking about boston as well
I think the thing about Boston is that it is a big city with a small town type of feel to it. Crime isn't bad here, the city tends to be full of younger ppl b/c of all the universities, etc. COL is high but cheaper areas do exist & they don't seem so sketchy compared to NYC or Philly. It's also pretty spacious and clean, and the city seems very comfy compared to the hustle and bustle of NYC.

NYC is way cooler than boston when it comes to entertainment though. Better food, better music/arts scene, etc. Basically NYC is the place to be if you wanna have lots of fun. Boston's boring in that regard. Also, the weather here is often atrocious.

ETA- semi scooped by Rigo (and gamer)
I feel like I'd like Boston. It's a similar size to Seattle but it has an older history and I love history; old cemeteries, historic buildings, cobbled streets, and businesses that have been open since the 1700's or 1800's. Plus they get more snow, though I'd say they get too much snow some years. :P

But Boston people are always trying to tell me they have better views than Seattle which I just don't buy. I'm certain they have good views but they don't have mountain ranges on both sides of the city and they aren't surrounded by a lake on one side, a lake in the middle, and then the ocean on the other side. Also for best views of Downtown Seattle you can take a ferry or go to West Seattle.

Your first paragraph about Boston sounds a lot like Seattle only we probably don't have quite as many young people since we have fewer universities.

I've never been to Philly or DC but I've been to NYC and Chicago. I hated how dirty NYC was especially the feeling of the air on a really humid summer day. I felt like I was breathing dirt. I wasn't that impressed with Greenwich Village since every place we went into the clothing was very over priced. I didn't see a very impressive part of Central Park but I liked the zoo. I loved Chinatown, it was my favorite part of the trip. I also loved seeing a Broadway musical - it was better than seeing a musical in Seattle but musicals at Seattle's 5th Avenue Theatre are still really good. I liked walking out our door every morning to buy a breakfast of Papa Rellenas to go and getting a drink that was similar to an Orange Julius but made using really good fresh squeezed oranges. I liked seeing oddly dressed people / characters on the street and on the subway. I didn't dislike the subway but I'd rather be above ground viewing the city as I travel. If you ignore annoying people on Seattle buses then you'll have a great time taking in views of the city as you travel.

Overall I've liked Chicago more than NYC but I was staying in a really nice area in Chicago so I feel like my experiences there have been slightly biased. NYC seems like a great city to visit but I'd rather not live there. I'm uncertain about Chicago but it felt less hectic than NYC.

Shakawkaw

Gold

Post by Shakawkaw » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:18 pm

Although I've never been to the PNW (which I hope changes sooner rather than later!), I do think that I would much prefer Seattle or Portland to Boston.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

justabitunusual

Silver

Post by justabitunusual » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:23 pm

schmelling wrote:
justabitunusual wrote:Also...i wasn't gonna say anything, but figured i might as well since mbrah or whatever (the kid that got banned) might not be checking his tls mail...i sent a mssg to the mod and asked them to reconsider since i felt partially responsible and they said they would bring the ban down to a few days and a warning...so there's that :)
You just talked down your client's sentence for the first time. You're a natural.
Lol...Now if i could just refrain from giving the kind of crap advice that lands my clients in the slammer in the first place, i might have a shot

ilikebaseball

Gold

Post by ilikebaseball » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:47 pm

I've never been more pumped for a grey day

The Abyss

Gold

Post by The Abyss » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:47 pm

Shakawkaw wrote:Although I've never been to the PNW (which I hope changes sooner rather than later!), I do think that I would much prefer Seattle or Portland to Boston.
I really like Portland. It's eccentric and weird and there's so much good beer. Mountains and ocean close by make it even better.

storpappa

Silver

Post by storpappa » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:51 pm

NYC 4th July weekend Frisay meeting at 3PM start. Getting home in NJ at midnight. It's just a matter of keeping a cool head

Big city traffic is about just moving with the flow and not racing in and out to be a foot ahead.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Dr. Nefario

Gold

Post by Dr. Nefario » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:58 pm

texas is the best guys. Yall should all come here

ilikebaseball

Gold

Post by ilikebaseball » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:08 pm

forreal smu is 2 legit 2 quit come join me

landshoes

Silver

Post by landshoes » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:09 pm

I LOVE Dallas. I'm in the demographic that is supposed to love Austin but I just adore Dallas. San Antonio is a swamp though, urgh.

ilikebaseball

Gold

Post by ilikebaseball » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:10 pm

landshoes wrote:I LOVE Dallas. I'm in the demographic that is supposed to love Austin but I just adore Dallas. San Antonio is a swamp though, urgh.
tbh, I love all the big 4 cities in TX. All for diff reasons. I could live happily in each though.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

landshoes

Silver

Post by landshoes » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:21 pm

Last edited by landshoes on Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

gamerish

Gold

Post removed...

Post by gamerish » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:22 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by gamerish on Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:41 am, edited 7 times in total.

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:24 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gamerish

Gold

Post removed...

Post by gamerish » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:25 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by gamerish on Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:41 am, edited 7 times in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Dr. Nefario

Gold

Post by Dr. Nefario » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:29 pm

Dirigo wrote:
gamerish wrote:
Pizza? Ew 2% [ 1 ]
Whoever you are, you need to leave.
No.
I hope whoever chose it did so for Jimmy Fallon

storpappa

Silver

Post by storpappa » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:33 pm

I refuse to vote for Sicilian Pizza. It's called PIE. PIE

McJimJam

Silver

Post removed.

Post by McJimJam » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:39 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by McJimJam on Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

peppermint

Gold

Post by peppermint » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:40 pm

Last edited by peppermint on Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:40 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rnoodles

Platinum

Post by rnoodles » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:01 pm

ilikebaseball wrote:forreal smu is 2 legit 2 quit come join me
S.M.U.O.E.N.O. it

EvergreenStateLady

Bronze

Post by EvergreenStateLady » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:25 pm

The Abyss wrote:
Shakawkaw wrote:Although I've never been to the PNW (which I hope changes sooner rather than later!), I do think that I would much prefer Seattle or Portland to Boston.
I really like Portland. It's eccentric and weird and there's so much good beer. Mountains and ocean close by make it even better.
I like the views better in Seattle but other than that I've grown kind of bored of Seattle. Though nothing beats a Dick's Deluxe burger and fries.

I really like Portland a lot, it reminds me of the Seattle I knew as a kid. Also I like that it is a smaller city and I love their public transportation. Portland is really very similar to Seattle it's all just little differences between them, specific neighborhoods, local businesses, different yearly festivals, etc...
Last edited by EvergreenStateLady on Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EvergreenStateLady

Bronze

Post by EvergreenStateLady » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:33 pm

RaiderRed wrote:texas is the best guys. Yall should all come here
ilikebaseball wrote:
landshoes wrote:I LOVE Dallas. I'm in the demographic that is supposed to love Austin but I just adore Dallas. San Antonio is a swamp though, urgh.
tbh, I love all the big 4 cities in TX. All for diff reasons. I could live happily in each though.
I really should visit Texas. I wonder if I'd like to live in Texas because I have very little idea what it's really like. I feel like it's so much different than what I'm used to. I do know that I love BBQ, food, friendly people, and having a big yard.

Are there many lush green areas? I've mostly looked around Austin and the landscape looks sooo dry. I wonder if it's a bit greener near Dallas?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”