FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS GREY CONFIRMED!!!!

Who will be the first person you tell your score?

Parents
29%
Spouse
22%
Sibling/kids/Other family member
4%
Friends
15%
This Thread
9%
No one loves me
11%
What score?
9%

Total votes: 95

justabitunusual

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Postby justabitunusual » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:55 pm

WhiskeyAndCupcakes wrote:
justabitunusual wrote:
schmelling wrote:If you were sent peppermints soup recipe, make it NOW! It is incredible.

Have to get some more ingredients :/ before I can

You BUY ingredients? Totally figured only home grown in self-sustaining farm.

Haha, wow I've successfully tricked the outside world....muhahaha...i did the small garden thing ab 2 summers ago and did have some squash, etc. it was def a good experience and I would prob be much better at it now, but it was tough at first....anyway, I am not up on some domestic pedestal to be sure!

storpappa

Postby storpappa » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:55 pm

Smallville wrote:
Dirigo wrote:
RaiderRed wrote:
MEAhrnsbrak wrote:Sooo apparently posting jokes gets you banned on TLS. Mahrnsbrak was banned apparently for a month. No more posting from him for awhile.... Couldn't even make it to 50 posts lol

What?!?!

Tbf, he was banned for being weird in a thread that had nothing to do with him. It didn't have anything to do with his shitpoasting here.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=240198&start=1275#p8395159

ahh yeahh, its risky business jumping in lounge threads, especially sticky'd ones

Guess he thought lounge was circus

CambrianExplosives

Postby CambrianExplosives » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:56 pm

justabitunusual wrote:
EvergreenStateLady wrote:Lol. I've only fully typed out his username once or twice because he's slightly nervous about law schools figuring out who he is on here. I just usually call him CE.

Well a few days ago I was very confused for a couple of pages when you were calling IsThisForReal, ITFR because I kept thinking you meant the acronym not the person on the forums. :P

#internetproblems lol ...but, also glad you're married to CE bc he comes across as kinda dark (tar, etc) and you're all bright and refreshing, so you guys prob balance each other out....that is, if we can rightly assume ppl irl are reflections of their tars :wink:

WTH? I come in here and talk about food and joke incessantly and this is the rep I get?

That's it... brb

WhiskeyAndCupcakes

Postby WhiskeyAndCupcakes » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:56 pm

Last edited by WhiskeyAndCupcakes on Fri May 29, 2015 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CambrianExplosives

Postby CambrianExplosives » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:58 pm

CambrianExplosives wrote:
justabitunusual wrote:
EvergreenStateLady wrote:Lol. I've only fully typed out his username once or twice because he's slightly nervous about law schools figuring out who he is on here. I just usually call him CE.

Well a few days ago I was very confused for a couple of pages when you were calling IsThisForReal, ITFR because I kept thinking you meant the acronym not the person on the forums. :P

#internetproblems lol ...but, also glad you're married to CE bc he comes across as kinda dark (tar, etc) and you're all bright and refreshing, so you guys prob balance each other out....that is, if we can rightly assume ppl irl are reflections of their tars :wink:

WTH? I come in here and talk about food and joke incessantly and this is the rep I get?

That's it... brb

There. Same book series, better tar. I was going to have to change it to this eventually anyway.

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:00 pm

justabitunusual wrote:

That's it... brb

There. Same book series, better tar. I was going to have to change it to this eventually anyway.

your first is still my fav

justabitunusual

Postby justabitunusual » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:04 pm

That's it... brb

lol :mrgreen:

peppermint

Postby peppermint » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:06 pm

Last edited by peppermint on Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EvergreenStateLady

Postby EvergreenStateLady » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:06 pm

Smallville wrote:
justabitunusual wrote:

That's it... brb

your first is still my fav

IMO It's a tough choice; great anime tar or great book tar. But CE is really into the idea of NU ED and Dresden Files takes place in Chicago so...
Last edited by EvergreenStateLady on Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

justabitunusual

Postby justabitunusual » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:06 pm

On books...@raider...I'm waiting for you to catch up before starting The Death Cure... about to start American Gods by Neil Gaiman in the meantime . . . let me know when you have read the scorch trials

eta: pepper wanna join?? 8)
Last edited by justabitunusual on Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CambrianExplosives

Postby CambrianExplosives » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:07 pm

Smallville wrote:your first is still my fav

Yeah, it worked fairly well at representing me, but TBH it was a mostly a stopgap because I couldn't think of anything that really clicked at the time and I love FMA so I went with it.

At the end of the day, I can't think of anything that represents me better than a wizard riding a zombie T-rex through modern-day, downtown Chicago trying to stop an apocalypse. :P

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:08 pm

peppermint wrote:
RaiderRed wrote:
peppermint wrote:Also, raider I'm glad it was a turtle & not a rattlesnake you found in the golf cart. They're everywhere in that part of the state

I found one of those on hole 6 and accidentally ran over it in the summer. :shock:

Rattlesnakes are so fucking terrifying. One of my friends found one in her kitchen one day and was bit. It was really scary. Can't believe we actually have the Rattlesnake Roundup in town, like who would want to go to a festival celebrating rattlesnakes and be around them voluntarily? Crazy ppl, that's who.

at least you're not in Australia, they got some crazy shiz going on over there with constant appearances of some of the most deadly animals... why would any1 wanna live there

schmelling

Post removed.

Postby schmelling » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:10 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by schmelling on Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

peppermint

Postby peppermint » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:13 pm

Last edited by peppermint on Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

justabitunusual

Postby justabitunusual » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:14 pm

schmelling wrote:
justabitunusual wrote:On books...@raider...I'm waiting for you to catch up before starting The Death Cure... about to start American Gods by Neil Gaiman in the meantime . . . let me know when you have read the scorch trials

american gods is on my list. Lemme know how you like it.

I'm excited but also nervous, bc I was really looking for stardust (have never read anything by gaiman) and it was out, so I picked this one up, but the intro is funny bc Gaiman says ppl either love it or hate it, and even those that liked his other works, if they disliked it, they really hated it. So, we'll see!

justabitunusual

Postby justabitunusual » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:16 pm

justabitunusual wrote:eta: pepper wanna join?? 8)

CambrianExplosives

Postby CambrianExplosives » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:17 pm

justabitunusual wrote:
I'm excited but also nervous, bc I was really looking for stardust (have never read anything by gaiman) and it was out, so I picked this one up, but the intro is funny bc Gaiman says ppl either love it or hate it, and even those that liked his other works, if they disliked it, they really hated it. So, we'll see!

I personally didn't hate it, but I couldn't keep the interest to keep going bast the first few chapters either. There was nothing "wrong" with the book, but I couldn't get into it. I might try it again at some point.

Dr. Nefario

Postby Dr. Nefario » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:18 pm

justabitunusual wrote:On books...@raider...I'm waiting for you to catch up before starting The Death Cure... about to start American Gods by Neil Gaiman in the meantime . . . let me know when you have read the scorch trials

eta: pepper wanna join?? 8)

Working on it gimme a few more days. No work this weekend and I have a procedure Thursday so I'll be done by sunday :)
Last edited by Dr. Nefario on Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

peppermint

Postby peppermint » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:18 pm

Last edited by peppermint on Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dr. Nefario

Postby Dr. Nefario » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:18 pm

Smallville wrote:your first is still my fav

Yeah, it worked fairly well at representing me, but TBH it was a mostly a stopgap because I couldn't think of anything that really clicked at the time and I love FMA so I went with it.

At the end of the day, I can't think of anything that represents me better than a wizard riding a zombie T-rex through modern-day, downtown Chicago trying to stop an apocalypse. :P

Gawd such a great tar

justabitunusual

Postby justabitunusual » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:21 pm

justabitunusual wrote:

I personally didn't hate it, but I couldn't keep the interest to keep going bast the first few chapters either. There was nothing "wrong" with the book, but I couldn't get into it. I might try it again at some point.

Good to know! I have had a few experiences w books that it took a few chapters to get into it, so I will try to get past that point and report back...but I wonder how you will perceive it if you do go back and get past those chapters

RaiderRed wrote:Working on it gimme a few more days. No work this weekend so I'll be done by sunday :)

That's cool, take your time! I just wanted you to know I was waiting to move on :)

EvergreenStateLady

Postby EvergreenStateLady » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:21 pm

Shakawkaw wrote:
RaiderRed wrote:I figured a warning would def come first. How is the city lame? It's fascinating to me.

I think I can speak for JGoody on this one: They hate us cause they ain't us.

He's sad that he won't be hanging out with me, Xylo, GT, Schmell, Sfogs, and - the one and only - Dirigo, on Thursday. ~*~*~

ETA: SCOOPED.

That sounds like so much fun.

NYC is nice but a bit overhyped imo. My biggest problem with NYC is that I would prefer not to live somewhere that the only place I can afford is tiny and without many amenities.

justabitunusual

Postby justabitunusual » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:24 pm

peppermint wrote:
justabitunusual wrote:
justabitunusual wrote:eta: pepper wanna join?? 8)

Haha, sure! TLS Bookclub :mrgreen:

Also, haven't read American Gods but I have read Stardust. It's an excellent book. Maybe I'll see if the library has AG. And I've read the scorch trials, good stuff.

Yessss!! Have you already read the death cure? I saw the movie Stardust and loved it, so I'm sure the book will be awesome! Also, I'm ab to finish up Around the World in Eighty Days (Verne) with the kiddos, bc I never read it as a child... we could make a list of what everyone is reading right now and ppl can just read along with whoever?

eta: assuming other ppl read books
Last edited by justabitunusual on Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EvergreenStateLady

Postby EvergreenStateLady » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:26 pm

schmelling wrote:
EvergreenStateLady wrote: I like turtles.

are you a zombie child?

Lol! :mrgreen:

schmelling

Post removed.

Postby schmelling » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:28 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by schmelling on Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”