FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS GREY CONFIRMED!!!!

Who will be the first person you tell your score?

Parents
29%
Spouse
22%
Sibling/kids/Other family member
4%
Friends
15%
This Thread
9%
No one loves me
11%
What score?
9%

Total votes: 95

nv93

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Postby nv93 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:34 pm

Without violating the rules, which LR was the experimental? Can someone explain to me the -10 curve thing? Does that mean someone has to miss 10 questions to get the 180? That doesn't seem right when I said that though.

SevenCostanza

Postby SevenCostanza » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:35 pm

Hey there, long-time listener, first time caller.

Ugh, got first section experimental LG and felt great about it, maaaaybe -2 but decent chance I ran it. Then when I was faced with the real LG it just felt off to me. I didn't take it off by any means, but those last 2 games had me panicky for whatever reason and I have the utmost confidence I got no higher than 50% between the two of them.

Ah, this is really deflating.

Dr. Nefario

Postby Dr. Nefario » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:35 pm

nv93 wrote:Without violating the rules, which LR was the experimental? Can someone explain to me the -10 curve thing? Does that mean someone has to miss 10 questions to get the 180? That doesn't seem right when I said that though.

curve is -10 for 170 for example

JackelJ

Postby JackelJ » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:36 pm

leslieknope wrote:I'm just kind of mad at myself because it was genuinely a pretty easy test and if I'd had a normal RC performance, I'd be feeling pretty good about now. I just faceplanted on the quantum passage and had to rush through the property passage in like 5 or 6 minutes. Even December felt better. :/

Literally like five minutes before I left the house my childhood BFF who lives in Italy skyped me and it turns out we'll be seeing each other in March, though, so I can't feel too bad about today. Silver linings etc etc.

I'm kind of mad at myself because everyone is saying it was a relatively easy test and I postponed :( and you never know, maybe you will be surprised in a few weeks

rnoodles

Postby rnoodles » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:36 pm

sfoglia wrote:
Smallville wrote:
sfoglia wrote:
WhiteHouse wrote:I spent a good portion of my writing section jotting down the topics, order, and number of questions for the real sections. The LG went as follows:

Interns/Months, Projects Order, Sculptures in Art Galleries, and Vintage Cars on Display.

YEAHHHHH!!!!!!!! You got it!

I thought projects was the months one... Oh we'll the 4 topics sound right

It was either projects or compositions, dammit. I mean honestly after the 74 PT LGs I've done, I'm pretty sure that there's like a 75% that any given section will include a music game, a projects game, or both.

They really do like to recycle the same topics. The number of practice tests with bees (esp. RCs with 'dancing' bees) is astounding.

GameOfLoans

Postby GameOfLoans » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:37 pm

A note to people joining >> Read the entire post, there are plenty of things repeated. Until someone updates one of the earlier posts, this looks like the only remedy.

Plus, it's a little great knowing you're not the only one panicking (or maybe not).

nv93

Postby nv93 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:37 pm

RaiderRed wrote:
nv93 wrote:Without violating the rules, which LR was the experimental? Can someone explain to me the -10 curve thing? Does that mean someone has to miss 10 questions to get the 180? That doesn't seem right when I said that though.

Don't feel that it will be that high since the test could be considered easier than the past.

sfoglia

Postby sfoglia » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:37 pm

leslieknope wrote:I'm just kind of mad at myself because it was genuinely a pretty easy test and if I'd had a normal RC performance, I'd be feeling pretty good about now. I just faceplanted on the quantum passage and had to rush through the property passage in like 5 or 6 minutes. Even December felt better. :/

Literally like five minutes before I left the house my childhood BFF who lives in Italy skyped me and it turns out we'll be seeing each other in March, though, so I can't feel too bad about today. Silver linings etc etc.

You never know with RC. I've had times where I've rushed through and still managed to get the vast majority correct. (And the opposite, of course, where I've been painstaking and yet still missed something.) We will all keep our fingers crossed for you!

rnoodles

Postby rnoodles » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:39 pm

sfoglia wrote:
jeremyblackwell wrote:
WhiteHouse wrote:I spent a good portion of my writing section jotting down the topics, order, and number of questions for the real sections. The LG went as follows:

Interns/Months, Projects Order, Sculptures in Art Galleries, and Vintage Cars on Display.

Weren't projects part of the interns game though?

I know that game we all can't figure out came second and I'm pretty sure it had something to do with projects, too. I know the intern one had project due dates, specifically.

I might be mixing it up, but wasn't the project due dates the Sept./Oct./Nov. one? So maybe interns and projects are the same game?

Dr. Nefario

Postby Dr. Nefario » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:39 pm

nv93 wrote:
RaiderRed wrote:

Don't feel that it will be that high since the test could be considered easier than the past.

I think it will be, but that was just an example not definite obviously. I might guess a -8 or 9 but that would just seem ridiculous

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:40 pm

JackelJ wrote:

I'm kind of mad at myself because everyone is saying it was a relatively easy test and I postponed :( and you never know, maybe you will be surprised in a few weeks

Ur an ass lol plus.... Curve makes up for ez kid

sfoglia

Postby sfoglia » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:41 pm

rnoodles22 wrote:They really do like to recycle the same topics. The number of practice tests with bees (esp. RCs with 'dancing' bees) is astounding.

Did we get a dinosaur question this time around? Almost always something about the dinos. Also property rights, something to do with astronomy, and an economics question that goes way over my head.

LSAC is actually very good at being inclusive in its question types and passage choices. Plenty of women included, minority groups, not too Eurocentric, not much emphasis on any one particular subject.

Rstein888

Postby Rstein888 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:41 pm

I mean last time I was averaging 161 in practice and got a 155 which kind of blindsided me. I have been averaging 166 this time and felt alright about it but wouldn't be shocked if I got a 157 worst-case scenario. I mean RC wasn't great, LG was, but there were more than usual a few LR that I kind of second-guessed my self and did not find a definitive answer. I did everything I could though and had a PT high of 171 going in. If I didn't get at least a 160, I know my immediate reaction will be feeling like I got my wind knocked out..

sfoglia

Postby sfoglia » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:42 pm

rnoodles22 wrote:I might be mixing it up, but wasn't the project due dates the Sept./Oct./Nov. one? So maybe interns and projects are the same game?

Yes, project due dates for interns was SON. But I think there was also another game involving projects.

SevenCostanza

Postby SevenCostanza » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:43 pm

Rstein888 wrote:I mean last time I was averaging 161 in practice and got a 155 which kind of blindsided me. I have been averaging 166 this time and felt alright about it but wouldn't be shocked if I got a 157 worst-case scenario. I mean RC wasn't great, LG was, but there were more than usual a few LR that I kind of second-guessed my self and did not find a definitive answer. I did everything I could though and had a PT high of 171 going in. If I didn't get at least a 160, I know my immediate reaction will be feeling like I got my wind knocked out..

Similar-ish boat, you and I. PTing around 167-170, bit bummed to hear everyone so stoked about the games here because I f'ed my timing and struggled my way through the last time. Below a 160'll be a gut punch if it happens.

TetrisBlock

Postby TetrisBlock » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:43 pm

sfoglia wrote:
rnoodles22 wrote:They really do like to recycle the same topics. The number of practice tests with bees (esp. RCs with 'dancing' bees) is astounding.

Did we get a dinosaur question this time around? Almost always something about the dinos. Also property rights, something to do with astronomy, and an economics question that goes way over my head.

LSAC is actually very good at being inclusive in its question types and passage choices. Plenty of women included, minority groups, not too Eurocentric, not much emphasis on any one particular subject.

I consider the 2000 year old fossil question to be a dino question.

TheProdigal

Postby TheProdigal » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:44 pm

rnoodles22 wrote:
sfoglia wrote:
jeremyblackwell wrote:

Weren't projects part of the interns game though?

I know that game we all can't figure out came second and I'm pretty sure it had something to do with projects, too. I know the intern one had project due dates, specifically.

I might be mixing it up, but wasn't the project due dates the Sept./Oct./Nov. one? So maybe interns and projects are the same game?

Interns were project due dates by month, the project order was also agenda items.

sfoglia

Postby sfoglia » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:45 pm

Rstein888 wrote:I mean last time I was averaging 161 in practice and got a 155 which kind of blindsided me. I have been averaging 166 this time and felt alright about it but wouldn't be shocked if I got a 157 worst-case scenario. I mean RC wasn't great, LG was, but there were more than usual a few LR that I kind of second-guessed my self and did not find a definitive answer. I did everything I could though and had a PT high of 171 going in. If I didn't get at least a 160, I know my immediate reaction will be feeling like I got my wind knocked out..

It wouldn't be the first time one of us underperformed. I really do think that generally people perform within -/+5 of their averages (some say within a few points, but I think there's a bit more variability), and it sounds like you were just on the extreme end of that. The same thing happened to me in September; I expected to score close to my average but really was about -5, -6. It does happen.

Anyway, I hope you receive the score you are hoping for!

sfoglia

Postby sfoglia » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:45 pm

TheProdigal wrote:Interns were project due dates by month, the project order was also agenda items.

Agenda sounds right to me. Okay, so it's settled. Two "projects" games.

brusselsprouts

Postby brusselsprouts » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:45 pm

i cannot keep up with these possssts but im going to an event near penn station i pray i run into the drunk Febbers

rnoodles

Postby rnoodles » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:46 pm

sfoglia wrote:

I don't remember anything about dinos, though I'm thankful there wasn't a dino game like June '09!

JackelJ

Postby JackelJ » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:47 pm

Smallville wrote:
JackelJ wrote:I'm kind of mad at myself because everyone is saying it was a relatively easy test and I postponed :( and you never know, maybe you will be surprised in a few weeks

Ur an ass lol plus.... Curve makes up for ez kid

Why am I an ass? I'm trying to be positive to make her feel better
Last edited by JackelJ on Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TetrisBlock

Postby TetrisBlock » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:47 pm

If the PT 171 was on a test you had never done before, and your average of 166 were also on tests that you had never done before, then I would think 160+ would be a lock. You have to miss several questions to go up and down a point in that range, and if you improved your average practice score by 5 points then you dramatically improved your skill at the test. LR guesses are usually narrowed down to 2-3 choices so they're much better than guesses on LG. I'd feel good if I were you.

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:47 pm

brusselsprouts wrote:i cannot keep up with these possssts but im going to an event near penn station i pray i run into the drunk Febbers

DA FAQ? Screw ur event and come!

leslieknope

Postby leslieknope » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:48 pm

Thanks Sfogs and JJ. Hopefully it was one of those things. At least I didn't walk out knowing exactly which one I got wrong like I did December, I guess?

Was the LR with the advertisers manufacturing desires experimental or real?
Last edited by leslieknope on Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”