FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS GREY CONFIRMED!!!!

Who will be the first person you tell your score?

Parents
29%
Spouse
22%
Sibling/kids/Other family member
4%
Friends
15%
This Thread
9%
No one loves me
11%
What score?
9%

Total votes: 95

leslieknope

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Postby leslieknope » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:33 am

Last edited by leslieknope on Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

EvergreenStateLady

Postby EvergreenStateLady » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:35 am

Dirigo wrote:So what is everyone going to do with the rest of their time before school? Any fun plans or bucket list items you're going to do before your freedom ends?

If we can save enough money we will probably go on a trip to some other country the Spring just before school starts. But only if we have enough moving money saved up as well. We may go to Japan or maybe back to Turkey, we haven't totally decided yet.

EvergreenStateLady

Postby EvergreenStateLady » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:48 am

schmelling wrote:I'm gonna apply to fetch coffee for actors on the set of game of thrones.

Sounds like a fun plan! :mrgreen:

Also Unusual and ITFR thanks for all the advice about NOLA and festivals. And thanks storpapa for all the Mardi Gras anecdotes and trivia.

EvergreenStateLady

Postby EvergreenStateLady » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:55 am

theugg wrote:
leslieknope wrote:+1, I've been looking for something like this too. Closest I've found is volunteermatch but that doesn't have that many things on it.

Idealist.org is pretty good for liberal jobs/volunteer opportunities.

Been meaning to do some volunteer work. Used to volunteer at a neighbor's horse farm a couple of years ago. I'll look into these two sites to see what kind of results they have.

Also been considering if I can't get an office job or an HR job to just volunteer some place then start applying again after a few months.

schmelling

Post removed.

Postby schmelling » Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:15 am

Post removed.
Last edited by schmelling on Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

EvergreenStateLady

Postby EvergreenStateLady » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:02 am

schmelling wrote:
EvergreenStateLady wrote:
Dirigo wrote:So what is everyone going to do with the rest of their time before school? Any fun plans or bucket list items you're going to do before your freedom ends?

If we can save enough money we will probably go on a trip to some other country the Spring just before school starts. But only if we have enough moving money saved up as well. We may go to Japan or maybe back to Turkey, we haven't totally decided yet.

I vote you go someplace new.

Then the question becomes where. CE suggested Japan since it's the one place I've always wanted to visit my whole life. It seems to be a very common travel destination among people in Western WA - most people I know have visited.

Even though Japan is a popular travel destination for Seattleites my interest mostly came from my best friend in Kindergarten and first grade who was from Japan. She was living here because her father's work brought them to the US for a few years. She moved away half way through 1st grade. She used to teach me Japanese and we both shared a love for Sailor Moon. Then I got older and became an anime geek. :P I think the Japanese countryside looks beautiful and the cities seem very vibrant. I've always enjoyed learning about Japanese culture.

Also this is interesting:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/0 ... 20994.html

I would love to see the actual most common foreign travel destinations for each state to see if they match up with the most common search results.

If we didn't go to Turkey or Japan I'm uncertain what place to choose. I'm curious what places you guys are most interested in visiting and why.

schmelling

Post removed.

Postby schmelling » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:21 am

Post removed.
Last edited by schmelling on Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

storpappa

Postby storpappa » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:22 am

ICLEO if your going to school in Inidana has a summer prep program

EvergreenStateLady

Postby EvergreenStateLady » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:43 am

When I was looking at a Huffington Post Article I saw this article to the side about Supercentenarians.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/1 ... 55570.html

I've always had an interest in old people because my great grandma was a supercentenarian. Before she died in 2011 she had been the verified 7th oldest person living in the world. She almost made it into the top 100 verified list of the oldest people to ever live but not quite. She was the oldest person in Kansas for many years.

I used to love to listen to her stories. They were a mix of fiction and combining memories of her past together with things in the present. Even though her memory wasn't great she didn't realize it so it didn't make her unhappy. She told us some really crazy stories through the years. Also if she called you and got your answering machine she'd start cursing like a sailor. But the older she got the sweeter she got. For one she stopped being racist with age sometime between being 100 - 113 years old. The last few years of her life all she really wanted was hugs and kisses. Though she was still really manipulative even at 113.

Here is an interview of her that was done by a friend of my uncle:

She says some crazy stuff. Lol. :mrgreen: Though not as strange as some stories she had took me.

EvergreenStateLady

Postby EvergreenStateLady » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:51 am

schmelling wrote:
EvergreenStateLady wrote:If we didn't go to Turkey or Japan I'm uncertain what place to choose. I'm curious what places you guys are most interested in visiting and why.

1) southeast asia
2) japan
3) western mainland europe (france, spain, italy, etc.)
4) croatia
5) scandinavia

I'm curious about your reasons but you don't need to share if you don't feel like it.

The Abyss

Postby The Abyss » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:41 am

EvergreenStateLady wrote:If we didn't go to Turkey or Japan I'm uncertain what place to choose. I'm curious what places you guys are most interested in visiting and why.

1. Ireland - I'm 7/8ths Irish and have quite a bit of family in Ireland and Northern Ireland.
2. The Himalayas - I'd love to just wander and hike through the mountains.
3. Alaska - Getting lost for a week in Denali sounds fun and relaxing.
4. New Zealand - such a beautiful country with lots to do outdoors.
5. Tanzania - hike the area around Mt. Kilimanjaro and then climb the mountain.

I'd also love to go to a World Cup, but Russia in 2018 and Qatar in 2022 don't sound appealing.

storpappa

Postby storpappa » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:48 am

Don't mind this post, I'm just here to up my post count so when I give people advice in other threads I sound edumikated

storpappa

Postby storpappa » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:18 am

Are there any clubs or organizations that will impact your final school selection?

It gets sent out in all the mailings - lists of organizations. Does any of that impact your final choice?

Dr. Nefario

Postby Dr. Nefario » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:27 am

What if LSAC sneakily released scores two weeks early so no one would suspect it?

nlee10

Postby nlee10 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:02 am

I would love to visit my motherland, Korea. If you're into asian cultures, Korea is similar to Japan and Taiwan in terms of the urban culture. Why? I haven't gone in over 8 years and would to see some family there.

storpappa

Postby storpappa » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:11 am

All Admissions offices on holiday today?

peppermint

Postby peppermint » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:23 am

Last edited by peppermint on Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

storpappa

Postby storpappa » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:43 am

I would want to visit the moon

I have been on 4 continents
I have been on 3 oceans
So have billions of others

But only a very small number have been on the moon
If I won some major lottery prize, that is where I would toss my proceeds.
Might blow up on the launch pad, die on the way, never make it back ... but it would still be a memorable trip.
Oh and the pyramids, I want to see them. I have gotten close, very close. But not yet gotten to stand in front of the Great Pyramids

nlee10

Postby nlee10 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:44 am

storpappa wrote:I would want to visit the moon

I have been on 4 continents
I have been on 3 oceans
So have billions of others

But only a very small number have been on the moon
If I won some major lottery prize, that is where I would toss my proceeds.
Might blow up on the launch pad, die on the way, never make it back ... but it would still be a memorable trip.
Oh and the pyramids, I want to see them. I have gotten close, very close. But not yet gotten to stand in front of the Great Pyramids

How about to Mars.....forever.

http://www.mars-one.com/news/press-rele ... candidates

IsThisForReal

Postby IsThisForReal » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:46 am

1) Germany - family heritage
2) The Rest of Europe - If I'm already over there, why the hell not. I especially would love to see Carnival in France.
3) Redwood National Forest - cause redwoods
4) NYC - cause broadway etc
5) South America, probably Brazil - I love the culture and imagine the food is delish

One of my bucket list, but probably never gonna happen, items is to live with an African tribe for ~6 months, because they are some of the few societies that haven't been significantly influenced by Western culture and I think seeing all of their traditions (coming of age ceremonies, etc) would be really really cool. But being that I'm a white female this could be extremely dangerous and probably won't ever happen.
Last edited by IsThisForReal on Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PeanutsNJam

Postby PeanutsNJam » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:00 pm

Yo east asia strivers I'm in Shanghai and law school starts soon no better time to visit

msp8

Postby msp8 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:37 pm

Latin America for me.

I've spent time in most parts of the world (lived in Middle East, lots of time spent in Korea/China, spent long stretches all over Europe, southern Africa, etc.), but never been in Latin America other than some islands & Mexico. Colombia, Brasil, Venezuela (though, prob not right now), Peru, Chile, etc., are all really appealing. I may get down to Honduras this year, so that'd be nice.

West Africa as well. Never really been. I like Senegalese, Ivorian food and culture. Nigeria's hectic and chaotic pace is intriguing. Never been to the south of Nigeria, where a lot of that chaotic commerce takes place.

Oh, also the Caucasus region. I was supposed to go there a couple of years ago but the visa process was annoying. But yeah, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Georgia would be cool. Would be interesting to check out Dagestan as well.

Dr. Nefario

Postby Dr. Nefario » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:52 pm

I wanna go back to Germany. Also Canada for a hockey game and A World Cup in England.

msp8

Postby msp8 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:53 pm

RaiderRed wrote:I wanna go back to Germany. Also Canada for a hockey game and A World Cup in England.

What got you into hockey anyway? You're in Texas, right?

adil91

Postby adil91 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:10 pm

If I make enough money from the job I have right now, I want to take a 2 week trip before the start of law school to Vietnam,Thailand,and Cambodia

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”