FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS GREY CONFIRMED!!!!

Who will be the first person you tell your score?

Parents
28
29%
Spouse
21
22%
Sibling/kids/Other family member
4
4%
Friends
14
15%
This Thread
9
9%
No one loves me
10
11%
What score?
9
9%
 
Total votes: 95

User avatar
Rigo
Posts: 11953
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Postby Rigo » Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:05 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
justabitunusual
Posts: 1089
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:28 pm

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Postby justabitunusual » Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:05 pm

@storpapa we didn't do beignets, didn't go to cafe du mode (although Morning Call's beignets in city park are equally good/better), we didn't get hand grenades, we didn't eat at that random hotdog stand...sorry :/

We DID ride the city buses since the streetcars were down since there were so many ppl in the neutral ground areas and everywhere else, we did stand in line (twice...don't ask) at Johnny's po-boys and eat lunch on the grass in Jackson Square right across from the artists and St. Louis Cathedral and some random street performance(s). We did also chase bubbles in the street, attempt to get on a float, took pictures with strangers, run into a hippy friend, walk walk and walk some more, drank some stuff, enjoyed the parades, and ate some king cake when we got home.

So, you can still have fun in NOLA even and esp if you miss some of the iconic stuff. ;)
Last edited by justabitunusual on Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
EvergreenStateLady
Posts: 351
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:14 am

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Postby EvergreenStateLady » Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:12 pm

justabitunusual wrote:@storpapa we didn't do beignets, didn't go to cafe du mode (although Morning Call's beignets in city park are equally good/better), we didn't get hand grenades, we didn't eat at that random hotdog stand...sorry :/

We DID ride the city buses since the streetcars were down since there were so many ppl in the neutral ground areas and everywhere else, we did stand in line (twice...don't ask) at Johnny's po-boys and eat lunch on the grass in Jackson Square right across from the artists and St. Louis Cathedral and some random street performance(s). We did also chase bubbles in the street, attempt to get on a float, took pictures with strangers, run into a hippy friend, walk walk and walk some more, drank some stuff, enjoyed the parades, and ate some king cake when we got home.

So, you can still have fun in NOLA even and esp if you miss some of the iconic stuff. ;)


Sounds like you guys had a ton of fun. CE and I both really want to go to New Orleans someday maybe during the Jazz Festival though we are slightly worried it might be too crowded to attend a festival and maybe it would be better to go sometime when it's less busy. I'm just curious what your advice would be for two people who basically have never been to New Orleans before?

User avatar
storpappa
Posts: 1397
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:06 am

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Postby storpappa » Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:28 pm

Cathedral is lovely
Purple psychic predicted the daughter born today's coming on lovely day at noon

Oh midnight haunted ghost tour.
Did you do a cemetery tour?

User avatar
storpappa
Posts: 1397
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:06 am

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Postby storpappa » Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:30 pm

Dirigo wrote:
storpappa wrote:
IsThisForReal wrote:So post a PW and prove us wrong.

I don't know what that means. Sorry, PW is Post Whore ....how does that fit into this context?

Pw is pic* whore.


Must be a millennial thing. I've pisted plenty of pics and my profile pic is one of me

User avatar
justabitunusual
Posts: 1089
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:28 pm

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Postby justabitunusual » Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:39 pm

EvergreenStateLady wrote:Sounds like you guys had a ton of fun. CE and I both really want to go to New Orleans someday maybe during the Jazz Festival though we are slightly worried it might be too crowded to attend a festival and maybe it would be better to go sometime when it's less busy. I'm just curious what your advice would be for two people who basically have never been to New Orleans before?



Well, ITFR had never been here before either and seemed to make it around the city pretty well :) Although she did get here early early in the morning, so I think that's a good idea if you're driving for sure, esp during a festival time...I think the festivals are fun, but can be overcrowded...however, if you came for the festival and stayed for the week after/before It might be better?...but there's always something going on, lol

It just depends on what you like and what you would want to see/do (clubs/museums/arts/food/plantations/nature,etc.)...getting around w 2 ppl is pretty easy and would be a lot of fun as an anniversary or getaway weekend :)

eta: and if you're not opposed to driving a little bit, I would recommend not staying in the city itself to save money (they almost all charge to park in addition to their room fees)...but if that's going to be part of the experience for you to walk around and be able to walk from your hotel room, then that would be moot advice...However, you can park in city park for free and catch the streetcars/city transportation throughout the day and walk around like that too.

storpappa wrote:Did you do a cemetery tour?


I've never done an official cemetery tour although I've been to them many times and walked through...may have to do that one day :)

User avatar
Rigo
Posts: 11953
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Postby Rigo » Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:02 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
leslieknope
Posts: 1093
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:53 pm

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Postby leslieknope » Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:51 pm

I remember someone on TLS saying that Kaplan has all of the full PTs up online, so maybe direct her towards those and recommend they supplement Kaplan's lessons with Manhattan LR, Powerscore LG, and the Cambridge packets?

User avatar
Rigo
Posts: 11953
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Postby Rigo » Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:53 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
justabitunusual
Posts: 1089
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:28 pm

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Postby justabitunusual » Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:56 pm

leslieknope wrote:I remember someone on TLS saying that Kaplan has all of the full PTs up online, so maybe direct her towards those and recommend they supplement Kaplan's lessons with Manhattan LR, Powerscore LG, and the Cambridge packets?


That's funny, I never ended up using powerscore LG, I kinda wonder what I missed since everyone references it...I used all 3 Manhattan books, and can say I did find their LR section more helpful than powerscore's... though if i had had more time to go back and review powerscore again, I think I would have understood it more after having read mlsat's LR book. But yeah that's good to know that she'll have access to all the PT's! I was def planning on bringing up the cambridge packets too...that's basically what helped me the most this cycle with LG was the packets and 7sage...oddly enough though one princeton review tip from my last take helped me on diagramming more efficiently...so I know Kaplan must have at least a few take aways.

User avatar
justabitunusual
Posts: 1089
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:28 pm

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Postby justabitunusual » Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:57 pm

Dirigo wrote:Ninja delete much, unusual?


I am a ninja.

User avatar
IsThisForReal
Posts: 3431
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:29 am

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Postby IsThisForReal » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:33 pm

Evergreen it wasn't nearly as crazy as I expected it to be. There was plenty of free parking at City Park if you got there before 9. The only hang up was that buses were running the streetcar routes, but we figured that out pretty quick. There are a ton of people and a lot of lines, but other than that its navigable if you're decent at getting around cities. I had a blast and unusual has such a cute little nuclear family.

ilikebaseball
Posts: 4103
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:04 am

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Postby ilikebaseball » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:37 pm

2 weeks...

User avatar
Dr. Nefario
Posts: 2374
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:07 pm

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Postby Dr. Nefario » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:52 pm

Man playing pick up basketball never gets old.

User avatar
storpappa
Posts: 1397
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:06 am

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Postby storpappa » Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:04 pm

RaiderRed wrote:Man playing pick up basketball never gets old.

But what about his woman home waiting for him?

User avatar
nlee10
Posts: 3016
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:00 pm

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Postby nlee10 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:41 pm

Just played my first pickup bball game in over 10 months. I'm so out of shape.

ETA: saw RR's post now.

User avatar
Dr. Nefario
Posts: 2374
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:07 pm

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Postby Dr. Nefario » Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:05 pm

nlee10 wrote:Just played my first pickup bball game in over 10 months. I'm so out of shape.

ETA: saw RR's post now.

Fun right?

User avatar
nlee10
Posts: 3016
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:00 pm

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Postby nlee10 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:17 pm

RaiderRed wrote:Fun right?

For sure. Going to do more cardio so I can get into shape. I still lift but it just isn't the same. :roll:

User avatar
Dr. Nefario
Posts: 2374
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:07 pm

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Postby Dr. Nefario » Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:22 pm

nlee10 wrote:
RaiderRed wrote:Fun right?

For sure. Going to do more cardio so I can get into shape. I still lift but it just isn't the same. :roll:

That's for sure. I get pretty winded playing still but I'm trying to play more.

ETA: SNL 40th time

User avatar
nlee10
Posts: 3016
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:00 pm

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Postby nlee10 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:25 pm

RaiderRed wrote:That's for sure. I get pretty winded playing still but I'm trying to play more.

ETA: SNL 40th time

At 6'1, I used to be one of the shortest ones when I played (for fun) in college. Now I play with guys where I'm 2nd or 3rd tallest so it's taking me a bit of time to adjust my playing style.

User avatar
Dr. Nefario
Posts: 2374
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:07 pm

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Postby Dr. Nefario » Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:32 pm

nlee10 wrote:
RaiderRed wrote:That's for sure. I get pretty winded playing still but I'm trying to play more.

ETA: SNL 40th time

At 6'1, I used to be one of the shortest ones when I played (for fun) in college. Now I play with guys where I'm 2nd or 3rd tallest so it's taking me a bit of time to adjust my playing style.

I'm 6'6 and somehow there's always one guy bigger than me so I just get hammered at post all game.

User avatar
nlee10
Posts: 3016
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:00 pm

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Postby nlee10 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:34 pm

RaiderRed wrote:I'm 6'6 and somehow there's always one guy bigger than me so I just get hammered at post all game.

haha dang.
I find posting too draining. It takes much less energy for me to run around and catch the ball to shoot a quick jumper. I bet if I shred 20 pounds or so I'll be a bit quicker again. Them LSAT stress weight gains.

User avatar
Dr. Nefario
Posts: 2374
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:07 pm

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Postby Dr. Nefario » Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:37 pm

nlee10 wrote:
RaiderRed wrote:I'm 6'6 and somehow there's always one guy bigger than me so I just get hammered at post all game.

haha dang.
I find posting too draining. It takes much less energy for me to run around and catch the ball to shoot a quick jumper. I bet if I shred 20 pounds or so I'll be a bit quicker again. Them LSAT stress weight gains.

If i lose twenty I'll be pretty much at my goal weight and I'll be happy. But yeah post sucks especially when Theres a guy big enough to box you out the whole game.

User avatar
brusselsprouts
Posts: 151
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:48 am

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Postby brusselsprouts » Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:49 pm

wait wait are y'all talking about Mardi Gras? I'm in the shuttle right now to my hotel in New Orleans. this is the least planned trip of my life but I'm doing Mardi gras obviously then presenting my senior thesis at a conference. the strangest vacation.

I've decided I never want to find out my score. not studying is just so good I never want to retake I like friends and napping.

User avatar
justabitunusual
Posts: 1089
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:28 pm

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Postby justabitunusual » Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:54 pm

IsThisForReal wrote:... I had a blast....

:D
ilikebaseball wrote:2 weeks...

:shock:
nlee10 wrote:At 6'1, I used to be one of the shortest ones

:!:
RaiderRed wrote:I'm 6'6

:!: :!:
Why am i so short??? ( 5'3" on a good day)
Last edited by justabitunusual on Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CHyde, goldenbear2020, Instrumental, The_Pluviophile and 8 guests