FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS GREY CONFIRMED!!!!

Who will be the first person you tell your score?

Parents
29%
Spouse
22%
Sibling/kids/Other family member
4%
Friends
15%
This Thread
9%
No one loves me
11%
What score?
9%

Total votes: 95

sfoglia

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Postby sfoglia » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:13 pm

santoki wrote:the cold builds character

Exactly. Look at the Russians.

Dr. Nefario

Postby Dr. Nefario » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:21 pm

sfoglia wrote:

Conceal don't feel.

Shakawkaw

Postby Shakawkaw » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:29 pm

sfoglia wrote:

:oops: :oops:

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:29 pm

so I finally have a food schedule to follow for a cut (back to fitness :p) which means I need to go shopping and start actually cooking :/ lol need to find a way to make room in my fridge to cook in bulk

storpappa

Postby storpappa » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:29 pm

Winter is coming

GameOfLoans

Postby GameOfLoans » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:30 pm

Guys it was 180°F on my test day, it must be a sign!

nlee10

Postby nlee10 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:30 pm

Smallville wrote:so I finally have a food schedule to follow for a cut (back to fitness :p) which means I need to go shopping and start actually cooking :/ lol need to find a way to make room in my fridge to cook in bulk

You short on fridge or freezer space?

Rigo

Postby Rigo » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:33 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

storpappa

Postby storpappa » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:34 pm

Just sent an email to a guy who attended Case Western and UNC. And my thought was those aren't very good schools. Then oh wait, he is a doctor. USNWR might ranks those differently

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:41 pm

nlee10 wrote:
Smallville wrote:so I finally have a food schedule to follow for a cut (back to fitness :p) which means I need to go shopping and start actually cooking :/ lol need to find a way to make room in my fridge to cook in bulk

well we always have too much crap in our freezer lol but we now have my cousins living at my house so theres a bunch of stuff in our fridge... not much room for multiple meals to store, might have to just cook the next day's meals every day after work... which would suck. we had an extra freezer but crapped out on us

nlee10

Postby nlee10 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:45 pm

Smallville wrote:
nlee10 wrote:

well we always have too much crap in our freezer lol but we now have my cousins living at my house so theres a bunch of stuff in our fridge... not much room for multiple meals to store, might have to just cook the next day's meals every day after work... which would suck. we had an extra freezer but crapped out on us

Hmmm id look into some used mini fridge/freezer combo units. Back in college, my roommates' foods took up unnecessary space so I just got my own little one for all my stuff.

EvergreenStateLady

Postby EvergreenStateLady » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:49 pm

PeanutsNJam wrote:So you're in a frat but you don't drink often and aren't into fitness? Is it a service frat? Do you like to volunteer? Have a preferred method of community service?

Kinda curious how many people ITT were actually in Greek fraternities and sororities now and which ones.

I was never a sorority kind of person plus they didn't have any at my undergrad.

But my father and his three siblings were all in fraternities and sororities. But my father was only in one for a year when he went to MIT. In his words his fraternity was MIT's stoner frat house. :P His favorite thing about MIT was his frat; he liked the guys there and they had a computer in the basement. This was in 1973 or 1974 so having a computer was very rare. My dad loved the computer so much he realized that he wanted to get a job working with computers. He hated MIT and living on the East Coast. He hated being in a school full of people so smart plus he didn't like gunners. He was depressed there and only got more depressed as the year progressed. Then one day on the way to class he witnessed a kid commit suicide by jumping off a nearby bridge. Summer came around and a long time friend of his said that he was moving to WA to live in the woods on small farm for a year or two. My dad dropped out of MIT and joined his friend.

While living in the woods of WA my dad really enjoyed himself and it helped him figure out who he was as a person. He started doing a ton of hiking and for the first time in his life he went mountain climbing. Hiking and mountain climbing became my fathers favorite thing to do for fun. He only lived in the woods for a year during that time he found an abandoned - super well trained but gun shy - White German Shepard that he adopted. He enrolled in college at the University of Washington but he only took classes in math and physics. He didn't graduate with a degree but he learned enough math and science to get a job working with computers. He still went hiking and mountain climbing often even though he lived in Seattle.

This story is for you Rigo. On one of my fathers hikes he was young and stupid so he decided to hike alone. When it was starting to get dark he knew there was an emergency shelter nearby and he was feeling lazy and didn't want to set up a tent. So he decided to stay at the cabin that night. He was starting to make dinner and had taken a bunch of food stuff out of his pack including a meal packet. He left for a few minutes to go get water for his dehydrated meal and he came back and the meal packet was gone. He figured he must be tired and he must not have actually taken a meal packet out of his bag. So he got out another meal packet and made himself dinner.

He finished eating and was just sitting there enjoying the solitude of the woods when he heard something loud in the bushes. It was big and made snuffling sounds and it was getting closer. Quickly enough my dad realized from the sound it was a bear. He grabbed his pack and tied it up quickly in a tree then he went inside the cabin. He was looking out the windows when he realized they weren't glass but see through plastic. So he hopped up onto the ceiling rafters inside the cabin. He figured that the bear would leave soon but time went by until it was dawn finally around this time he heard the bear leave. He waited a little while before going outside and went to go check if his backpack was okay. The bear had not gotten into it but it dawned on him that the bear had eaten his packet of food when he had been making dinner and that the bear had taken something else when he had left to get the water, a bag containing a weeks worth of instant coffee.

So bears not only like to get drunk they liked to get buzzed. :P
Last edited by EvergreenStateLady on Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dr. Nefario

Postby Dr. Nefario » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:50 pm

nlee10 wrote:
Smallville wrote:
nlee10 wrote:

Hmmm id look into some used mini fridge/freezer combo units. Back in college, my roommates' foods took up unnecessary space so I just got my own little one for all my stuff.

+1 We have four in our house plus a fridge and a stand alone freezer.

Shakawkaw

Postby Shakawkaw » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:51 pm

I'll just leave this here.

Dr. Nefario

Postby Dr. Nefario » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:53 pm

Shakawkaw wrote:I'll just leave this here.

Yaaaaaassss.

WhiskeyAndCupcakes

Postby WhiskeyAndCupcakes » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:56 pm

Last edited by WhiskeyAndCupcakes on Fri May 29, 2015 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IsThisForReal

Postby IsThisForReal » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:57 pm

We have a normal fridge/freezer in the kitchen and 2 full size horizontal freezers in the garage.

EvergreenStateLady

Postby EvergreenStateLady » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:59 pm

Shakawkaw wrote:I'll just leave this here.

Lol :mrgreen:

nlee10

Postby nlee10 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:00 pm

RaiderRed wrote:+1 We have four in our house plus a fridge and a stand alone freezer.

IsThisForReal wrote:We have a normal fridge/freezer in the kitchen and 2 full size horizontal freezers in the garage.

Glad to know I'm not the only one.

At my parents' place, they have 3 normal fridges and a dedicated kimchi fridge.

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:00 pm

nlee10 wrote:
Smallville wrote:
nlee10 wrote:

we have a mini fridge at work I might just be leaving the weeks lunch in if I can, and then figure something out for dinner

m27

Postby m27 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:04 pm

For some reason, a professor asked everyone in the class introduce themselves (it's the third week of school) and give a "fun fact" today. I shit you not, a girl in my class said: "Hi! I'm blahblahblah, I'm a senior, blah major, and I got a 151 on the LSAT!" *cue an applause throughout the entire classroom*

Dr. Nefario

Postby Dr. Nefario » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:10 pm

m27 wrote:For some reason, a professor asked everyone in the class introduce themselves (it's the third week of school) and give a "fun fact" today. I shit you not, a girl in my class said: "Hi! I'm blahblahblah, I'm a senior, blah major, and I got a 151 on the LSAT!" *cue an applause throughout the entire classroom*

Should've said your practice scores as your fun fact. Or mentioned the percentile of a 151

storpappa

Postby storpappa » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:19 pm

Interesting board game to pass the time waiting - How white trash is your city
http://justinhalpern.tumblr.com/tagged/How-white-trash-is-your-city%3F

peppermint

Postby peppermint » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:20 pm

Last edited by peppermint on Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EvergreenStateLady

Postby EvergreenStateLady » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:39 pm

Dirigo wrote:
nlee10 wrote:
Smallville wrote:
leslieknope wrote:http://i.imgur.com/6qfqrTl.png
ITT nlee and I make everyone regret their choices to live in the frozen tundra
(this is why everyone hates Californians)

You assume we dislike the cold

:P
We could use some snow for our local ski resorts though.

And water supply. I hope you all die of thirst.

Yeah we seriously need some colder weather here in WA. We're going to have bad droughts if our mountains don't get some more snow.

Also I love snow but I dislike it being lower than in the 20's. We usually don't get much snow here unless you live in the mountains or East of the mountains. Also I hate humidity but I love snow so much I think I could live with the humidity and the cold.

We'll see, I can't know if it's worth it until I've lived it. For CE's law school we almost definitely will be moving to the East Coast or the MidWest so I'll get the chance to experience the daily humidity of life East of the Rockies and the crazy cold snowy winters.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”