FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS GREY CONFIRMED!!!!

Who will be the first person you tell your score?

Parents
29%
Spouse
22%
Sibling/kids/Other family member
4%
Friends
15%
This Thread
9%
No one loves me
11%
What score?
9%

Total votes: 95

Donashimen

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Postby Donashimen » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:32 pm

peppermint wrote:
Donashimen wrote:
peppermint wrote:
Donashimen wrote:Hi everyone checking in!

Heyyyy! How was your post-LSAT Netflix marathon? What did you end up watching?

lol I actually am still looking but for now I'm kinda watching The Big Bang Theory again lol Still watching the West Wing?

Yay, love TBBT! If I could, I would totally use Sheldon gifs nonstop ITT but that would prob drive everyone nuts, haha

Yep, I'm on season 3 of the West Wing right now. I've also been rewatching Chuck, it's one of my fave shows.

You know I watched an episode of Chuck so you recommend it ? I might start watching it then because I'm in the market for a new show lol

brusselsprouts

Postby brusselsprouts » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:36 pm

Pepp I grew up south of Boston! I wanted to go back after I graduated but all my friends moved to NYC so here I am

nlee10

Postby nlee10 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:36 pm

Smallville wrote:
brusselsprouts wrote:awwww love story!
I'm very behind today ITT. guess I should be grateful work is busy and I have things to do but so tired now

+1
a lot has happened in the past few hours...

EvergreenStateLady

Postby EvergreenStateLady » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:37 pm

I just started subscribing to this thing called Graze. It's slightly expensive for what you get but they send you a box of small snacks every week or every two weeks. My mother-in-law told me about it and I used one of her coupon codes so my first and 5th box will be free.

They gave me a coupon code as well. I get $1 off every time someone subscribes using my code. I think I'll do it until I get my 5th box free then I'll probably stop. It's like $6.99 for getting snacks once every two weeks. But the snacks are really tasty and have a good mix of healthy and not so healthy snacks to choose from.

The code is: NVKVNTLPB
If you use the code you'll get a free box of snacks to start off but you need to enter your credit card info. I get a dollar off I think even if you only do it to get the free snacks. The website is https://www.graze.com/

I just had the Apple Crumble snack and it was delicious. Last night I had the banana whole wheat shortbread cookies with caramel sauce to dip in, I think it's called Banana Dippers. The caramel sauce was very tasty. Also I like the size of their snacks, enough to satisfy a craving without being huge.

Dr. Nefario

Postby Dr. Nefario » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:40 pm

EvergreenStateLady wrote:I just started subscribing to this thing called Graze. It's slightly expensive for what you get but they send you a box of small snacks every week or every two weeks. My mother-in-law told me about it and I used one of her coupon codes so my first and 5th box will be free.

They gave me a coupon code as well. I get $1 off every time someone subscribes using my code. I think I'll do it until I get my 5th box free then I'll probably stop. It's like $6.99 for getting snacks once every two weeks. But the snacks are really tasty and have a good mix of healthy and not so healthy snacks to choose from.

If you use the code you'll get a free box of snacks to start off but you need to enter your credit card info. I get a dollar off I think even if you only do it to get the free snacks. The website is https://www.graze.com/

I just had the Apple Crumble snack and it was delicious. Last night I had the banana whole wheat shortbread cookies with caramel sauce to dip in, I think it's called Banana Dippers. The caramel sauce was very tasty. Also I like the size of their snacks, enough to satisfy a craving without being huge.

I'm an impulse buyer. Totally taking you up on this when I get off work.

EvergreenStateLady

Postby EvergreenStateLady » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:41 pm

peppermint wrote:
RaiderRed wrote:
WhiskeyAndCupcakes wrote:
peppermint wrote:Another Texan! :D Which part of TX?

Dallas! Where are the rest of you?

And, thanks Raider! Making me blush :)

I'm from Dallas currently in West Texas.

And I'm from West Texas, now in Boston.

I feel like people in Texas must really love food.

brusselsprouts

Postby brusselsprouts » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:42 pm

EvergreenStateLady wrote:I just started subscribing to this thing called Graze. It's slightly expensive for what you get but they send you a box of small snacks every week or every two weeks. My mother-in-law told me about it and I used one of her coupon codes so my first and 5th box will be free.

I love graze! Everyone should do this!! I'm slightly addicted to subscription boxes because it's like cheap monthly presents to myself :)

Rileyfo

Postby Rileyfo » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:43 pm

I just saw that Jon Stewart is leaving the Daily Show. Ouch. This one stings.

When Colbert left, I thought "at least we still have the Daily Show"...

Dr. Nefario

Postby Dr. Nefario » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:43 pm

EvergreenStateLady wrote:I feel like people in Texas must really love food.

People in Texas just know how to eat.

Rigo

Postby Rigo » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:44 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dr. Nefario

Postby Dr. Nefario » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Dirigo wrote:
Rileyfo wrote:I just saw that Jon Stewart is leaving the Daily Show. Ouch. This one stings.

Wut. :( and just before election season!

This really is tragic. Idk who to go to for election humor now.

Rileyfo

Postby Rileyfo » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:47 pm

RaiderRed wrote:
Dirigo wrote:
Rileyfo wrote:I just saw that Jon Stewart is leaving the Daily Show. Ouch. This one stings.

Wut. :( and just before election season!

This really is tragic. Idk who to go to for election humor now.

I guess he'll be there until "later this year". I don't think they've said exactly when he's leaving yet.

EvergreenStateLady

Postby EvergreenStateLady » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:47 pm

RaiderRed wrote:

I'm an impulse buyer. Totally taking you up on this when I get off work.

It seems like as many people who want can use the same code. They gave me slips of paper with the coupon code and each slip of paper says the same thing so I assume it works for multiple people.

Also I'm having a hard time not just eating them all at once. I'm feeling impatient and they only give you four snack containers in a box. That's the main reason I can't see subscribing for long because I could just go to Trader Joe's for snacks that aren't quite as good but are still good and are definitely less expensive. I just like getting free snacks so I decided to try it for a little while. :D

JackelJ

Postby JackelJ » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:48 pm

You know the LSAT took over your life when the majority of the internet advertisements that show up for you are LSAT materials and tutoring/courses.

nlee10

Postby nlee10 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:50 pm

JackelJ wrote:You know the LSAT took over your life when the majority of the internet advertisements that show up for you are LSAT materials and tutoring/courses.

+1
Dem blueprint ads keep popping up.

Dr. Nefario

Postby Dr. Nefario » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:50 pm

RaiderRed wrote:

If you've never been to Texas, generally people are very friendly, food is king, cotton is a way of life, hunting and fishing are necessities, and most people really do think that Texas is the greatest place in the world to be. Most families have been here for generations and couldn't imagine ever leaving. Also high school football defines many people, especially in small towns.

EvergreenStateLady

Postby EvergreenStateLady » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:50 pm

brusselsprouts wrote:

I love graze! Everyone should do this!! I'm slightly addicted to subscription boxes because it's like cheap monthly presents to myself :)

Yeah my mother-in-law is trying out a couple different subscription boxes at the moment. This was the one I liked the sound of the most that she was trying. What other subscription boxes are you apart of?

Dr. Nefario

Postby Dr. Nefario » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:51 pm

nlee10 wrote:
JackelJ wrote:You know the LSAT took over your life when the majority of the internet advertisements that show up for you are LSAT materials and tutoring/courses.

+1
Dem blueprint ads keep popping up.

Law school ads even show up on my Facebook at this point.

McJimJam

Post removed.

Postby McJimJam » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:52 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by McJimJam on Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WhiskeyAndCupcakes

Postby WhiskeyAndCupcakes » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:53 pm

Last edited by WhiskeyAndCupcakes on Fri May 29, 2015 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dr. Nefario

Postby Dr. Nefario » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:56 pm

WhiskeyAndCupcakes wrote:
RaiderRed wrote:
RaiderRed wrote:

If you've never been to Texas, generally people are very friendly, food is king, cotton is a way of life, hunting and fishing are necessities, and most people really do think that Texas is the greatest place in the world to be. Most families have been here for generations and couldn't imagine ever leaving. Also high school football defines many people, especially in small towns.

TBF, I know nothing about cotton, hunting, or fishing and I've been fine. (we're also not multi generational Texans nor did I grow up in a small town, so that makes a difference)

Yeah I should definitely have prefaced that. I've been in west Texas too long now so I speak mostly about out here. But yeah I think a lot also depends on where your grandparents and great grandparents are from too cause mine were all born in small town east Texas.

ETA: but how do you live in Texas and especially dallas and not fish?? :shock: the lakes used to be amazing pre-drought

Edited cause I realized I may be too stereotypical Texan so ignore my earlier comments. :?
Last edited by Dr. Nefario on Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WhiskeyAndCupcakes

Postby WhiskeyAndCupcakes » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:00 pm

Last edited by WhiskeyAndCupcakes on Fri May 29, 2015 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EvergreenStateLady

Postby EvergreenStateLady » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:03 pm

RaiderRed wrote:
RaiderRed wrote:

Yeah I've never been. I'd love to visit every part of the US because I've never found a place I didn't like - except Gary Indiana that place is scary.

But my great-grandfather was born there on my mother's side of the family. He actually was one of those pioneer types of people and I think he was a rancher. He moved to Southern Colorado and then from there they moved in a covered wagon to Southern California in the 1920's or 1930's. He supposedly was a very wild guy but then he found God and got married. He became a very strict believer in no alcohol, no gambling, and just like the Footloose town no dancing. Lol. He thought dancing was like a gateway drug towards gambling, drinking / drugs, and criminal activity. This is all according to my grandfather because I never met him myself. My grandfather - when he was alive - looked a lot like the grandfather in the Simpsons. His face but also his way of dress - he almost always had on a bolo tie. He loved Western movies and I always enjoyed watching them with him.

peppermint

Postby peppermint » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:07 pm

Last edited by peppermint on Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dr. Nefario

Postby Dr. Nefario » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:09 pm

peppermint wrote:
RaiderRed wrote:
RaiderRed wrote:

I miss home :( I also really miss the clear TX sky & looking up at the stars at night more than I ever thought I would. It's too polluted/cloudy/full of skyscrapers here to do that.

That's one thing I'm gonna miss most about out here. You can drive 10 minutes from downtown and have the most beautiful night view to lay in a truck bed and just look at the stars. Definitely gonna have to take my fiancé out for one more late night picnic before leaving.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”