FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS GREY CONFIRMED!!!!

Who will be the first person you tell your score?

Parents
29%
Spouse
22%
Sibling/kids/Other family member
4%
Friends
15%
This Thread
9%
No one loves me
11%
What score?
9%

Total votes: 95

leslieknope

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Postby leslieknope » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:42 pm

Real talk, my great uncle is a butcher. His sausages are still famous in the family as the best sausages in the world.

(sausage joke incoming in 3...2...)

CambrianExplosives

Postby CambrianExplosives » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:42 pm

Dirigo wrote:
CambrianExplosives wrote:
RaiderRed wrote:Do traditional butchers still exist even?

That's not a serious question is it? Because first of all, yes. Second of all, go find a butcher now. Third of all, seriously why are you still here and not buying some quality meat?

RAIDER WAS JK'ING GUYS!
:P 8) :mrgreen: :D :oops:

Okay... good. I was hoping he was, but I've known far too many people who don't realize that there are butchers to be sure. I've seriously met people who thought the best meat was the quality selection at the supermarket.

I find it mind-boggling that there are a good number of people who don't even realize that there are farmers who sell cows/portions of cow directly to the consumer.

Dr. Nefario

Postby Dr. Nefario » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:44 pm

We have a few Carnicerias, a honey glazed ham co, and a place called asian mart but I've never seen a true butcher.

ETA: just found a place called Beck's and one called Haynes. Apparently these are the only two in this city.
Last edited by Dr. Nefario on Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bjsesq
TLS Poet Laureate

Postby bjsesq » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:45 pm

leslieknope wrote:Real talk, my great uncle is a butcher. His sausages are still famous in the family as the best sausages in the world.

(sausage joke incoming in 3...2...)

Grow up, pervert.

Dr. Nefario

Postby Dr. Nefario » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:46 pm

Dirigo wrote:

That's not a serious question is it? Because first of all, yes. Second of all, go find a butcher now. Third of all, seriously why are you still here and not buying some quality meat?

RAIDER WAS JK'ING GUYS!

Okay... good. I was hoping he was, but I've known far too many people who don't realize that there are butchers to be sure. I've seriously met people who thought the best meat was the quality selection at the supermarket.

I find it mind-boggling that there are a good number of people who don't even realize that there are farmers who sell cows/portions of cow directly to the consumer.

I know farmers who sell directly to consumers and I buy from one anytime I'm in Colorado and I order steaks from one of my buddies, but I haven't seen a butcher in the sense I know since moving here.

MEAhrnsbrak

Postby MEAhrnsbrak » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:49 pm

RaiderRed wrote:
storpappa wrote:Ham bone, they love, once its cleaned out, fill it with PB and hand it back to them ... a natural eco friendly pet chew toy that you otherwise would have thrown in the trash. And you can get more bones from your butcher

Do traditional butchers still exist even?

Also, Liberty generally only gets antlers cause bones I've had tend to smell

Yup! We go to the butcher all of the time and get our dogs meat. They eat chicken quarters, beef hearts, chicken livers, beef kidneys, and all sorts of gross stuff that they love.

Dr. Nefario

Postby Dr. Nefario » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:51 pm

Guys my life was just made so much better. I've been mail ordering meat or buying directly from my buddy's farm in order to get better quality. I'm legit excited to go look at this meat shop.

Edited cause spelling.
Last edited by Dr. Nefario on Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shakawkaw

Postby Shakawkaw » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:51 pm

Anyone wanna go splitsies on buying an entire cow with me?

Dr. Nefario

Postby Dr. Nefario » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:53 pm

Shakawkaw wrote:Anyone wanna go splitsies on buying an entire cow with me?

Saw a free one on craigslist a few days ago. Probably had something wrong with it, but if we season it, should taste fine.

CambrianExplosives

Postby CambrianExplosives » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:55 pm

The only thing that keeps me from buying a full cow is how much freezer space you need. Even a quarter cow takes up a ton of space.

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:55 pm

Dirigo wrote:

RAIDER WAS JK'ING GUYS!

:shock: they do this?

MEAhrnsbrak wrote:They eat chicken quarters

my brothers dog killed a chicken from the house behind ours (kept slipping through the fence despite us telling the owners to do something they didnt) and he ate about a quarter of it... same thing right?

Im down

peppermint

Postby peppermint » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:56 pm

Last edited by peppermint on Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

storpappa

Postby storpappa » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:56 pm

I am considering a crowd fundraiser ... my local USPS carrier is suffering from a serious illness. He was unable to put any acceptance letters into his mail pouch today and bring them to my door. I am sure that this is the only possible reason that I didn't get any law school letters today...

storpappa

Postby storpappa » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:57 pm

The only thing that keeps me from buying a full cow is how much freezer space you need. Even a quarter cow takes up a ton of space.

Go for deer ... find a local hunter and buddy up

Dr. Nefario

Postby Dr. Nefario » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:58 pm

Also the market grocery I go to here usually sells local meats so I occasionally buy there too. Pretty sure in Texas its hard to find bad meat unless its from another state.

storpappa wrote:

Go for deer ... find a local hunter and buddy up

Deer is superior to beef in most things.
Last edited by Dr. Nefario on Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CambrianExplosives

Postby CambrianExplosives » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:58 pm

RaiderRed wrote:Guys my life was just made so much better. I've been mail ordering meat or buying directly from my buddy's farm in order to get better quality. I'm legit excited to go look at this meat shop.

Edited cause spelling.

I'm so happy for you Raider. I can't imagine having to mail order meat. That sounds awful. Sometimes I just want to pop down and get something for dinner that night. Also the butcher is the only place I can think of (other than maybe some asian specialty stores) to find less common things like pork knuckle.

Shakawkaw

Postby Shakawkaw » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:59 pm

Okay - does anyone wanna go splitsies on a rabbit instead? :twisted: (santoki call out.)

Dr. Nefario

Postby Dr. Nefario » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:00 pm

RaiderRed wrote:Guys my life was just made so much better. I've been mail ordering meat or buying directly from my buddy's farm in order to get better quality. I'm legit excited to go look at this meat shop.

Edited cause spelling.

I'm so happy for you Raider. I can't imagine having to mail order meat. That sounds awful. Sometimes I just want to pop down and get something for dinner that night. Also the butcher is the only place I can think of (other than maybe some asian specialty stores) to find less common things like pork knuckle.

Its not too bad to mail order. West Texas is full of meat suppliers. It honestly is hard to find bad beef in this area. Granted other types of meat aren't as common.

Shakawkaw wrote:Okay - does anyone wanna go splitsies on a rabbit instead? :twisted: (santoki call out.)

Dibs on the right ear.

CambrianExplosives

Postby CambrianExplosives » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:02 pm

Smallville wrote: :shock: they do this?

You can buy a quarter cow at a place near me for about $500, which comes out to about $4 a pound. They cut it, wrap it and even deliver it if you are near their farm. And you get everything with that. Steaks, roasts, brisket, ground beef, tips, etc.

The only problem is a quarter cow takes up around 3 cubic feet of freezer space.
Last edited by CambrianExplosives on Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

peppermint

Postby peppermint » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:02 pm

Last edited by peppermint on Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:04 pm

RaiderRed wrote:
Shakawkaw wrote:Okay - does anyone wanna go splitsies on a rabbit instead? :twisted: (santoki call out.)

Dibs on the right ear.

shotty right foot

storpappa wrote:I am considering a crowd fundraiser ... my local USPS carrier is suffering from a serious illness. He was unable to put any acceptance letters into his mail pouch today and bring them to my door. I am sure that this is the only possible reason that I didn't get any law school letters today...

the mail man where I work is horrible (well theres no designated one since the last retired and now we dont get the mail while we're open)

You can buy a quarter cow at a place near me for about $500, which comes out to about $4 a pound. They cut it, wrap it and even deliver it if you are near their farm. And you get everything with that. Steaks, roasts, brisket, ground beef, tips, etc.

The only problem is a quarter cow takes up around 3 cubic feet of freezer space.

was kidding lol (thought that was obvious :P)

sfoglia

Postby sfoglia » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:05 pm

I like my meat not looking like an innocent animal had to die for me to eat it. So no whole cows for me. Unless they are live. For milking.

sfoglia

Postby sfoglia » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:06 pm

peppermint wrote:Nah, lamb is where it's all at, y'all. Roast lamb w/ sage browned butter sauce is delicious

I don't really like lamb. Has anyone here ever had goat? UGHHHH I tried a bite and NO NEVER AGAIN.

CambrianExplosives

Postby CambrianExplosives » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:06 pm

Smallville wrote:

was kidding lol (thought that was obvious :P)

I don't know what to believe anymore! I figured even if you were someone out there wouldn't know.

Also I hate that this is the discussion of the day. I'm really hungry now. :P

PeanutsNJam

Postby PeanutsNJam » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:06 pm

How about you just buy a farm and cut out the middle man

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”