FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS GREY CONFIRMED!!!!

Who will be the first person you tell your score?

Parents
29%
Spouse
22%
Sibling/kids/Other family member
4%
Friends
15%
This Thread
9%
No one loves me
11%
What score?
9%

Total votes: 95

Smallville

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Postby Smallville » Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:06 am

m27 wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if something computerized is introduced in the near future. Interestingly, they had everyone on my floor fill out a brief questionnaire before the certifying statement on Saturday, asking if we're familiar with smartphones, tablets, and touch screen keypads.

Imagine doing games on the real test via iPad?

FTFY
I didn't do a questionnaire

storpappa

Postby storpappa » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:27 am

I was asked a questionnaire but it was outside the testing center

Psst, hey man, ....

TheProdigal

Postby TheProdigal » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:07 am

Smallville wrote:
m27 wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if something computerized is introduced in the near future. Interestingly, they had everyone on my floor fill out a brief questionnaire before the certifying statement on Saturday, asking if we're familiar with smartphones, tablets, and touch screen keypads.

Imagine doing games on the real test via iPad?

FTFY
I didn't do a questionnaire

Had this in September -- with the risk of hacking, crashing programs, and other issues just seem to be unmanageable. Besides, the test already advantages the wealthy and privileged, I can't imagine it being beneficial socially to use tablets. It's not like the GRE where everyone has a decent understanding of, and experience with, computers. Compared to that, I'm pretty content waiting three weeks for a score.

Someone want to call me a SJW again?

Dr. Nefario

Postby Dr. Nefario » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:19 am

I cannot wait to go to class today. I'm starting to love school again.

WhiteHouse

Postby WhiteHouse » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:21 am

So Saturday Sabbath observers are taking the test today. Is it a completely different test? Otherwise wouldn't our discussion of the order/experimental section provide an advantage? Random thoughts

PeanutsNJam

Postby PeanutsNJam » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:23 am

WhiteHouse wrote:So Saturday Sabbath observers are taking the test today. Is it a completely different test? Otherwise wouldn't our discussion of the order/experimental section provide an advantage? Random thoughts

I have no confirmed source, but I'd bet my butthole the answer is yes.

NL2424

Postby NL2424 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:24 am

Last edited by NL2424 on Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

PeanutsNJam

Postby PeanutsNJam » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:29 am

zacboro wrote:I just want these scores to come out all ready. Lol, it's only been 2 days. The more time I have to think about it the more I think maybe I didn't bomb it. But then I realized that I definitely did. :( :cry: I'm really guessing 164-167 range for me, maybe lower. I'm thinking October LSAT if I must, even though I wanted to ENJOY my senior year. Also I've been doing some playing around on Velocity's website this morning, might look into RC if I retake. I know courses are mainly for people starting out but really I might as well be starting out. My RC average for the last two months of study was like -5, yet in week 8 my average was -6.25, I really never learned RC.

I thought posts like these wouldn't happen in the waiters thread anymore but I guess my expectations of zacboro were just too low

NL2424

Postby NL2424 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:33 am

Last edited by NL2424 on Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

brusselsprouts

Postby brusselsprouts » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:34 am

I have a bruise the size of a softball from my saturday night celebrations. spending yesterday in bed was probably the best thing to happen to me this year.

i think it's inevitable that lsac eventually digitizes the test, but who knows how or when that will happen. it's the last graduate school exam to be paper right?

storpappa

Postby storpappa » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:42 am

if you could give a new test taker just 1 tip of advice (besides don't take the test) ---

Bring and use a highlighter on the stem and conc --- and don't register for the test until you know how to do that

WhiteHouse

Postby WhiteHouse » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:46 am

zacboro wrote:What kind of posts? Me having low self confidence in how I did?

I think he means "I want the scores to come out already" posts

JackelJ

Postby JackelJ » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:48 am

brusselsprouts wrote:I have a bruise the size of a softball from my saturday night celebrations.

What happened?

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:48 am

zacboro wrote:I just want these scores to come out all ready. Lol, it's only been 2 days. The more time I have to think about it the more I think maybe I didn't bomb it. But then I realized that I definitely did. :( :cry: I'm really guessing 164-167 range for me, maybe lower. I'm thinking October LSAT if I must, even though I wanted to ENJOY my senior year. Also I've been doing some playing around on Velocity's website this morning, might look into RC if I retake. I know courses are mainly for people starting out but really I might as well be starting out. My RC average for the last two months of study was like -5, yet in week 8 my average was -6.25, I really never learned RC.

Zacbro, you think think of taking a nice gap year and get a big boy job, I feel like it would do you some good... but really stop worrying, it wont do anything for ya. Enjoy your next few weeks and get back into the grind and fix ur shiz.

brusselsprouts wrote:I have a bruise the size of a softball from my saturday night celebrations. spending yesterday in bed was probably the best thing to happen to me this year.

i think it's inevitable that lsac eventually digitizes the test, but who knows how or when that will happen. it's the last graduate school exam to be paper right?

Shoulda joined us...

storpappa wrote:if you could give a new test taker just 1 tip of advice (besides don't take the test) ---

Bring and use a highlighter on the stem and conc --- and don't register for the test until you know how to do that

why...?

brusselsprouts

Postby brusselsprouts » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:53 am

JackelJ wrote:
brusselsprouts wrote:I have a bruise the size of a softball from my saturday night celebrations.

What happened?

I tripped on someone's coat going down a set of beer soaked stairs and landed on my hip. It wasn't a big deal at all at the time but I'm still in pain.

Smallville wrote:Shoulda joined us...

I wish I had! My phone died around midnight..not a good excuse though. I sent shaq a horrible 2:30 am drunk apology. sorry shaq.

storpappa

Postby storpappa » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:58 am

Smallville wrote:
storpappa wrote:if you could give a new test taker just 1 tip of advice (besides don't take the test) ---

why...?

It makes you look like you know what your doing - and in color

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:00 am

storpappa wrote:
Smallville wrote:

why...?

It makes you look like you know what your doing - and in color

lol when I saw people with highlighters it made them look like they didnt know what they were doing... if that's what they're going for tell them to get some black ticons or something

storpappa

Postby storpappa » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:20 am

Never seen them - which should I binge watch on Netflix? The West Wing or House of Cards.

Shakawkaw

Postby Shakawkaw » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:54 am

brusselsprouts wrote:I sent shaq a horrible 2:30 am drunk apology. sorry shaq.

Brussel! I got your text and lol'd so hard. You're adorable.

Zacbro - even if you did bomb, it's not the end of the world. The whole K-JD or bust mentality is silly. Even if you only mature by a tiny bit in the gap year(s), it's worth it. I don't see the rush to go to graduate school and lock yourself into, potentially, a mountain of debt or into a career right away when you should be spending your youth exploring avenues that you will possibly never get the chance to do again as a 20-something year old with no responsibilities. Exploit your privilege.

Re: binging - I started Dexter. Surprised I did not have nightmares last night! Slept like a bb.
Last edited by Shakawkaw on Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PeanutsNJam

Postby PeanutsNJam » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:04 pm

WhiteHouse wrote:
zacboro wrote:What kind of posts? Me having low self confidence in how I did?

I think he means "I want the scores to come out already" posts

No, I was talking about how he talks about how horrible he is at RC and what his study plan is for correcting that.

"RC is hard here's my plan to study RC I just went -4 on RC but yesterday I went -8 on RC so I'm pretty inconsistent on RC and am therefore nervous about RC"

See, when it comes to regular posters, you know a little something about them. Shaq is psycho. Rigo is rigo. Red doesn't want biglaw. Baseball is an athlete. Nlee is a cali azn gymbro. Prodical takes rape seriously. Leslie, despite being in at a T10, is desperately retaking for more $$$. Schmelling is dumb. But what do we know about Zacboro? He's really bad at RC.

nosocat

Postby nosocat » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:19 pm

TheProdigal wrote:Had this in September -- with the risk of hacking, crashing programs, and other issues just seem to be unmanageable. Besides, the test already advantages the wealthy and privileged, I can't imagine it being beneficial socially to use tablets. It's not like the GRE where everyone has a decent understanding of, and experience with, computers. Compared to that, I'm pretty content waiting three weeks for a score.

I don't get it. Why would people taking the GRE be expected to have experience with computers, but not people taking the LSAT?

peppermint

Postby peppermint » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:25 pm

Last edited by peppermint on Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheProdigal

Postby TheProdigal » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:39 pm

nosocat wrote:
TheProdigal wrote:Had this in September -- with the risk of hacking, crashing programs, and other issues just seem to be unmanageable. Besides, the test already advantages the wealthy and privileged, I can't imagine it being beneficial socially to use tablets. It's not like the GRE where everyone has a decent understanding of, and experience with, computers. Compared to that, I'm pretty content waiting three weeks for a score.

I don't get it. Why would people taking the GRE be expected to have experience with computers, but not people taking the LSAT?

Because people are going to use computers throughout college, they've had four years to become accustomed to them. Tablets, on the other hand, are still very much the possessions of the well-to-do. It immediately can make someone feel that they don't belong there. While most people at this point have experience with touchscreens, I think the mental aspect of being expected to take a test on a piece of equipment that reminds you of your economic disadvantage is a problem. Just as women perform worse on science and math tests when they are reminded of being female, or African-Americans perform worse after bubbling in their race, using technology that can be seen as the toys of the rich likely would negatively affect the performance of disadvantaged test-takers.

JackelJ

Postby JackelJ » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:43 pm

TheProdigal wrote:Because people are going to use computers throughout college, they've had four years to become accustomed to them. Tablets, on the other hand, are still very much the possessions of the well-to-do. It immediately can make someone feel that they don't belong there. While most people at this point have experience with touchscreens, I think the mental aspect of being expected to take a test on a piece of equipment that reminds you of your economic disadvantage is a problem. Just as women perform worse on science and math tests when they are reminded of being female, or African-Americans perform worse after bubbling in their race, using technology that can be seen as the toys of the rich likely would negatively affect the performance of disadvantaged test-takers.

This is a joke right?

PeanutsNJam

Postby PeanutsNJam » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:47 pm

Prodigal, how expensive do you think tablets are? How poor do you think the average LSAT test taker is? How low do you think the average LSAT test taker's sense of self-worth is? Your post includes so many assumptions I'm having a hard time thinking it's not a parody. Poe's law and all that.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”