FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS GREY CONFIRMED!!!! Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

Who will be the first person you tell your score?

Parents
29%
Spouse
22%
Sibling/kids/Other family member
4%
Friends
15%
This Thread
9%
No one loves me
11%
What score?
9%

Total votes: 95

lawschool1741

Bronze

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Post by lawschool1741 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:35 pm

Shemp wrote:Can I get a little wild speculation on where I should apply next cycle with a 178ish and a 2.7 and 15 years of carpentering experience? I'm not really interested in paying for law school, or going to NYC, Boston, Chicago, or pretty much anywhere else that gets significant snow in the winter.
(of T14) You pretty much limit yourself to S, B and D with those weather parameters - unfortunately, those are all pretty GPA heavy. So..apply to strong regionals near you or wherever you want to be
Last edited by lawschool1741 on Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PeanutsNJam

Gold

Post by PeanutsNJam » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:39 pm

Yeah the only T10 that has historically ever taken a sub-3.0/170+ according to myLSN is UVA. Their weather isn't terrible.

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:46 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:47 pm

Last edited by Rigo on Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Smallville

Gold

Post by Smallville » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:49 pm

Dirigo wrote:Oh & I'm so confused on the other styles of pizza other than Chicago and NY.
yeah... dont see the reason for lurker option, and sicilian is just a type of pizza, doesnt really fit in with the other options since it will still taste different if its a sicilian slice from NY vs elsewhere like Chicago

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

storpappa

Silver

Post by storpappa » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:49 pm

The bigger the student loan, the smarter I will be when I graduate
[youtube]dGXk0-SnG-c[/youtube]

EvergreenStateLady

Bronze

Post by EvergreenStateLady » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:50 pm

RaiderRed wrote:
leslieknope wrote:
RaiderRed wrote:ETA: my thread is a flop. Thanks for the constant reminder.
Last year's Feb thread was only like 70 pages total. We did that on the first day. By that standard we're a roaring success.

Also I actually took Feb and I'm definitely going this year.
Thanks for that Leslie :)
Yeah this is a great thread. The purpose of this thread is to help people reduce stress and to help people lose track of time, I feel like it's been doing both of those well. :D

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:51 pm

Last edited by Rigo on Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CambrianExplosives

Bronze

Post by CambrianExplosives » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:52 pm

Dirigo wrote:Oh & I'm so confused on the other styles of pizza other than Chicago and NY.
I don't know about all of them, but New Haven is a style that is usually not a perfect circle pizza. It has a chewier crust and is usually a bit charred on the bottom. Not so much that it tastes burnt (at least if its good), but enough that you get a distinct char flavor.

It's also more common to find either white pies using ricotta or cream base, or tomato pies, using no mozzarella, than it is for New York Style. However, that's not a required feature and I wouldn't say that its a distinguishing characteristic.

Strangely, the best pizza place I've ever found in Seattle makes New Haven style pizzas. I'm not sure if I prefer that style though.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

adil91

Silver

Post by adil91 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:53 pm

The power went out last night around here at 8, we just got it back. Nothing makes you appreciate electricity more than losing it for an extended period of time. I def did not enjoy sleeping in 50 degree weather last night :roll:

storpappa

Silver

Post by storpappa » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:54 pm

Sicilian Pizza

Sicilian Pizza????

Its called a Sicilian Pie ... pie want to go get a pie?

storpappa

Silver

Post by storpappa » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:54 pm

My college roommate from New Jersey

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/48vp8f/co ... plit-a-pie

CambrianExplosives

Bronze

Post by CambrianExplosives » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:56 pm

Also California pizza isn't even a real thing. What distinguishes CA pizza? The toppings? I don't buy it.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Shemp

Bronze

Post by Shemp » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:56 pm

Dirigo wrote:I would probably tell you to reconsider going to law school.
Thanks!

Dr. Nefario

Gold

Post by Dr. Nefario » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:57 pm

Smallville wrote:
yeah... dont see the reason for lurker option, and sicilian is just a type of pizza, doesnt really fit in with the other options since it will still taste different if its a sicilian slice from NY vs elsewhere like Chicago
The options were completely wiki based. And I just wanted a lurker count. I am very odd.

ETA: we have established I am not a bird but instead I am Seth rogan majestically holding a goat.

CambrianExplosives

Bronze

Post by CambrianExplosives » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:01 pm

Shemp, I thought you wanted to become an LSAT instructor. I was under the impression that didn't require a JD. Are you still considering that, because your GPA probably wouldn't hold you back from it and getting a high LSAT would give you an advantage there.

storpappa

Silver

Post by storpappa » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:03 pm

Michigans deadline to apply was 2/15 ...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

santoki

Silver

Post removed.

Post by santoki » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:14 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by santoki on Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

Shemp

Bronze

Post by Shemp » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:24 pm

CambrianExplosives wrote:Shemp, I thought you wanted to become an LSAT instructor. I was under the impression that didn't require a JD. Are you still considering that, because your GPA probably wouldn't hold you back from it and getting a high LSAT would give you an advantage there.
I had to at least attest to the fact that I took the LSAT for the purpose of admission to law school, and this winter is killing me, so I'm just performing my due diligence by trying to figure out a school that would both give me a legitimate reason to move somewhere warm and make me a lawyer for free.

storpappa

Silver

Post by storpappa » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:31 pm

Why bleak reality and brutal honesty is better then fun advice .... this discussion on another board
FSU or WF?

The only issue I have is which school would afford me a better chance at practice in South Florida at a large-to medium size firm. Tuition cost is not an issue, nor is which place I live in during law school (since I would not remain in either locale) I am from Pa, and intend to relocate to South Florida after school where my family now resides.
Would the higher rank of Wake Forest be more impressive to employers, or would it be a better bet to remain in Fla? (The only other school I am considering is Ohio State, but I am assuming its Midwest locale is a negative despite the schools fine reputation)
Any insights would be appreciated.
And amongst several gems is this comment ...

Between the two, FSU since you know you want to work in FL. Why have you narrowed it down to just those two though? I would second what Maintain said, expand your scope to UMiami, UF, and FIU. If you want to work specifically in Miami, strongly consider UMiami and FIU. If you want to live by Ft. Lauderdale, also consider Nova.
http://www.lstscorereports.com/compare/ ... i/florida/

The honesty and hard answer on the discussions here at TLS don't sugar coat these numbers. Just looking at them you would go and say that they all have between 58% - 68% job rates. until you look at those numbers, costs for that degree, and the salaries

Shemp

Bronze

Post by Shemp » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:33 pm

Kaplan has an office in Honolulu and PR has one in San Diego, I'll fire off some apps and try to negotiate some moving truck money.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

EvergreenStateLady

Bronze

Post by EvergreenStateLady » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:35 pm

adil91 wrote:The power went out last night around here at 8, we just got it back. Nothing makes you appreciate electricity more than losing it for an extended period of time. I def did not enjoy sleeping in 50 degree weather last night :roll:
I usually enjoy it went the power goes out for a few hours but never for longer than that. :P Then I start jonesing for the internet and TV and hot food.

Of course I've only once ever had our power go out when it was a super cold winter when our high for the day was freezing and the lows were in the 10's or 20's. The power was out for a week but after two or three days we left to be with our parents who had power. I understand now the necessity of having a gas stove top and / or a wood burning fireplace or woodstove. If we move to the Midwest or the East Coast I'll consider those things of high priority when apartment hunting. Though if it comes to AC or fireplace then AC wins.

ilikebaseball

Gold

Post by ilikebaseball » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:36 pm

my internet is lol bad. I try to lurk on here but its a difficult time.

CambrianExplosives

Bronze

Post by CambrianExplosives » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:38 pm

Shemp wrote:
CambrianExplosives wrote:Shemp, I thought you wanted to become an LSAT instructor. I was under the impression that didn't require a JD. Are you still considering that, because your GPA probably wouldn't hold you back from it and getting a high LSAT would give you an advantage there.
I had to at least attest to the fact that I took the LSAT for the purpose of admission to law school, and this winter is killing me, so I'm just performing my due diligence by trying to figure out a school that would both give me a legitimate reason to move somewhere warm and make me a lawyer for free.
Ah, I see. Well, as other's have said, it would be tricky to get a full ride, especially with the warm stipulation. Here's the mylsn report on the past 4 cycles with 170+ LSAT and 2.8- GPA, http://mylsn.info/j3lwrv/.

It's definitely possible to get into some good schools, but getting a scholarship will be hard and getting a full ride will be really hard. Arizona State seemed to be the highest rated school that was likely to accept, gave a significant scholarship, and was warm. They gave one of the two on there a full tuition scholarship.

EvergreenStateLady

Bronze

Post by EvergreenStateLady » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:42 pm

CambrianExplosives wrote:Also California pizza isn't even a real thing. What distinguishes CA pizza? The toppings? I don't buy it.
Detroit style pizza is a real thing. Anyone ever have it before? I personally have only had it once before. They usually twice bake the crust and it's similar to sicilian.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Detroit-style_pizza
Last edited by EvergreenStateLady on Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”