FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS GREY CONFIRMED!!!! Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

Who will be the first person you tell your score?

Parents
29%
Spouse
22%
Sibling/kids/Other family member
4%
Friends
15%
This Thread
9%
No one loves me
11%
What score?
9%

Total votes: 95

justabitunusual

Silver

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Post by justabitunusual » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:49 pm

RaiderRed wrote:
nlee10 wrote:
sfoglia wrote:
nlee10 wrote: Plus I remember someone from BP hinting a 2/27 release date IIRC.
How would they know? Does LSAC warn them ahead of time?

My money is on 2/27, too. Don't know if that's bad or good. Could be a cause to celebrate, or could ruin the weekend...
My guess is that they're speculating too. :P
We shall see. Hopefully we'll all have something to celebrate this weekend!
SURPRISE! NO RELEASE!
Would it be considered insane self control, self-preservation, or borderline masochism to actually get the scores on Friday and not open it until Monday?

eta: I did the russian roulette method with both of my previous score releases...

nlee10

Gold

Post by nlee10 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:51 pm

justabitunusual wrote: Would it be considered insane self control, self-preservation, or borderline masochism to actually get the scores on Friday and not open it until Monday?
A crazy amount of self control if you were to do that. haha.

Dr. Nefario

Gold

Post by Dr. Nefario » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:52 pm

justabitunusual wrote: Would it be considered insane self control, self-preservation, or borderline masochism to actually get the scores on Friday and not open it until Monday?
It would show that your care meter was very low.

leslieknope

Silver

Post by leslieknope » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:53 pm

As long as it's not released on the date, I'll be happy. I have a flight at 4pm on the official release date and if I don't have my score by then...

Guys what if LSAC is lurking and changing the release date based on our speculations? Like how last time everyone thought for sure it was Jan 2nd, but then it came out a day early because everyone crashed their servers in September? Clearly that means a Thursday release, right?

Dr. Nefario

Gold

Post by Dr. Nefario » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:54 pm

leslieknope wrote:As long as it's not released on the date, I'll be happy. I have a flight at 4pm on the official release date and if I don't have my score by then...

Guys what if LSAC is lurking and changing the release date based on our speculations? Like how last time everyone thought for sure it was Jan 2nd, but then it came out a day early because everyone crashed their servers in September? Clearly that means a Thursday release, right?
that'd be so sick! Thursday would give so much time for apps/celebrating

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

WhiskeyAndCupcakes

Silver

Post by WhiskeyAndCupcakes » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:16 pm

Last edited by WhiskeyAndCupcakes on Fri May 29, 2015 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

justabitunusual

Silver

Post by justabitunusual » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:49 pm

WhiskeyAndCupcakes wrote:

eta: I did the russian roulette method with both of my previous score releases...
What is the Russian Roulette method?

It's where you go to your email inbox, and go to the search bar and start typing in scores until an email pops up with a match...like say you start way low on the spectrum like I did, and type 150 in the search box and await results, then 151, etc. or you could start at 180 and work your way down, but I like to be pessimistic from the start, so I can be more excited when it's higher then the last number. It's all really a mind game, i guess.

I really built up the suspense the first time when I started searching at 140, lol...I nearly had a heart attack when one of the emails popped up at 147, but that was a completely unrelated email...lol

nosocat

Bronze

Post by nosocat » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:53 pm

justabitunusual wrote:

It's where you go to your email inbox, and go to the search bar and start typing in scores until an email pops up with a match...like say you start way low on the spectrum like I did, and type 150 in the search box and await results, then 151, etc. or you could start at 180 and work your way down, but I like to be pessimistic from the start, so I can be more excited when it's higher then the last number. It's all really a mind game, i guess.

I really built up the suspense the first time when I started searching at 140, lol...I nearly had a heart attack when one of the emails popped up at 147, but that was a completely unrelated email...lol
I hadn't thought of starting low. That seems okay. I was thinking if I started at 180, it could get really depressing ... having to go one by one through all the great scores you didn't get, haha.

nlee10

Gold

Post by nlee10 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:31 pm

justabitunusual wrote:

I think I may do this....

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

justabitunusual

Silver

Post by justabitunusual » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:33 pm

nosocat wrote: I hadn't thought of starting low. That seems okay. I was thinking if I started at 180, it could get really depressing ... having to go one by one through all the great scores you didn't get, haha.
lol...yeah bc regardless of how unlikely it was that I would get 150 or below, I was giddy by 150 when I started at 140...lol, it was like, "Ok, I know I didn't misbubble" or anything, and each extra point you can be thankful ...one point for positivism in the midst of chaos :roll:

sfoglia

Gold

Post by sfoglia » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:35 pm

I think I'm going to cry either way, guys. Whether of relief and exasperation.

justabitunusual

Silver

Post by justabitunusual » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:37 pm

nlee10 wrote: I think I may do this....
The first time I heard of someone doing this, I thought they were neurotic, but then when my score came in, was like, Well, I've been waiting this long, I might as well have a little "fun" in the process...where fun is measured by how much you can psyche yourself out/how long you can hold your breath...so basically neuroticism, but hey it's my preferred method now (smh that i have a "preferred method") #justabitunusual

WhiskeyAndCupcakes

Silver

Post by WhiskeyAndCupcakes » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:39 pm

Last edited by WhiskeyAndCupcakes on Fri May 29, 2015 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

justabitunusual

Silver

Post by justabitunusual » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:39 pm

sfoglia wrote:I think I'm going to cry either way, guys. Whether of relief and exasperation.
crying = release of tension build up = cr

sfoglia

Gold

Post by sfoglia » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:42 pm

justabitunusual wrote:
sfoglia wrote:I think I'm going to cry either way, guys. Whether of relief and exasperation.
crying = release of tension build up = cr
I just don't know whether I am going to wish I had never seen this score or what. I don't want to be disappointed again!!

Unusual, did you take in December? I forget.

justabitunusual

Silver

Post by justabitunusual » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:43 pm

WhiskeyAndCupcakes wrote: Hahaha. You're the best!! I use the "open the email" strategy. Maybe I'm not neurotic enough for law school?
lol...No, it just means that when finals come up (or basically any exam), i will be coming over to your house to snap out of the neurosis...you will be the calm in the storm :lol:

justabitunusual

Silver

Post by justabitunusual » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:48 pm

sfoglia wrote:
I just don't know whether I am going to wish I had never seen this score or what. I don't want to be disappointed again!!

Unusual, did you take in December? I forget.
No, luckily I stayed my soul long enough to wait for Feb...I took June and September though...and September was the worst on my nerves for sure...bc not only are you waiting to see your score, somewhere in the process you wonder if you could have done worse than the first time (well, at least that was my situation, I had a test center disturbance that made that fear even more real too)

So while the 1st time, I was just like "Well, we'll see" (wasn't even sure if I really would go) and the 2nd time I was like, "Oh crap, we'll see, please don't let it be worse, please don't let it be worse!" LOL...and the now 3rd time (which I swore I would never do) I'm just like "Whatever, it is what it is, and this is it"

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

WhiskeyAndCupcakes

Silver

Post by WhiskeyAndCupcakes » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:49 pm

Last edited by WhiskeyAndCupcakes on Fri May 29, 2015 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GreatBraffsby

Bronze

Post by GreatBraffsby » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:55 pm

What time do scores tend to go up? (early morning, mid-afternoon, etc.) Maybe LSAC will pull a Harry Potter with a midnight release.

justabitunusual

Silver

Post by justabitunusual » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:57 pm

I'm great at that "calm in the storm" thing-- you're welcome over anytime during finals. I'm offering homemade dinner, perspective, and no judgment if you freak out :)

Deal!!! Where have you been all my life? Can we get married? Oh wait, I'm already married. We will just have to settle on going to the same school. :mrgreen:

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:58 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

justabitunusual

Silver

Post by justabitunusual » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:58 pm

GreatBraffsby wrote:What time do scores tend to go up? (early morning, mid-afternoon, etc.) Maybe LSAC will pull a Harry Potter with a midnight release.
They release them in batches, so people get them at different times during the day, which is why grey day is kind of a big deal, bc you at least you know you're getting them at some point that day

Smallville

Gold

Post by Smallville » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:59 pm

justabitunusual wrote:
nlee10 wrote: I think I may do this....
The first time I heard of someone doing this, I thought they were neurotic, but then when my score came in, was like, Well, I've been waiting this long, I might as well have a little "fun" in the process...where fun is measured by how much you can psyche yourself out/how long you can hold your breath...so basically neuroticism, but hey it's my preferred method now (smh that i have a "preferred method") #justabitunusual
I could plan to do this, but realistically Ill get an email, look at my phone, and probably see the score b4 I even have a chance

justabitunusual

Silver

Post by justabitunusual » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:59 pm

Dirigo wrote:
GreatBraffsby wrote:What time do scores tend to go up? (early morning, mid-afternoon, etc.) Maybe LSAC will pull a Harry Potter with a midnight release.
They came out in the evening in December. Was pretty unexpected.
One of the releases, was it Sept? where the lsac website kept shutting down, a lot of people didn't get their scores until really late that time

eta: also, were you saying it turned grey in the evening in dec?
Last edited by justabitunusual on Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

justabitunusual

Silver

Post by justabitunusual » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:02 pm

Smallville wrote: I could plan to do this, but realistically Ill get an email, look at my phone, and probably see the score b4 I even have a chance
Yeah, but it doesn't show up in the subject line, so you should make the effort give into the chaos, go sit at your laptop and just do it. It's like opening a present that way, instead of letting the moment overwhelm you all at once...let it overwhelm you for several minutes.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”