FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS GREY CONFIRMED!!!! Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

Who will be the first person you tell your score?

Parents
29%
Spouse
22%
Sibling/kids/Other family member
4%
Friends
15%
This Thread
9%
No one loves me
11%
What score?
9%

Total votes: 95

Dr. Nefario

Gold

Re: FEBRUARY 2015 WAITERS' CIRCUS

Post by Dr. Nefario » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:17 pm

PeanutsNJam wrote:Yeah going Frankfurt -> Amsterdam -> Frankfurt -> through Switzerland -> Italy (Rome) -> France (dunno which city yet) -> London I think. I'll have friends for some legs but it's gonna be hostels and backpacks.

Do I eat at a deficit? If I eat at a surplus I'm gonna get fat 100% since I won't be lifting, but if I eat at a deficit I'll lose muscle mass right? wat do
You could always look up easy workouts without a gym or force yourself to run/jog each morning to keep yourself working out a bit. There's beautiful trails in Frankfurt and Switzerland is gorgeous to jog in the morning if you're anywhere in the alps. I'd eat maintaining macros/cals whichever you do and you should be fine and mass should be minimal if you keep up lean protein intake. At least I'm pretty sure unless im missing something.

ETA: scooped

Big Red

Gold

Post by Big Red » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:19 pm

PeanutsNJam wrote:Yeah going Frankfurt -> Amsterdam -> Frankfurt -> through Switzerland -> Italy (Rome) -> France (dunno which city yet) -> London I think. I'll have friends for some legs but it's gonna be hostels and backpacks.

Do I eat at a deficit? If I eat at a surplus I'm gonna get fat 100% since I won't be lifting, but if I eat at a deficit I'll lose muscle mass right? wat do
Why Frankfurt? It's probably my least favorite city in Germany...

I've thought about doing a similar trip but idk if I want to do it alone. Hostels alone can be hit or miss depending on who you meet there

PeanutsNJam

Gold

Post by PeanutsNJam » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:21 pm

I'm totally cool with just maintenance with light movement every day to keep my joints nimble I guess, I've just been making great progress over the past few months and don't want it to stop.

But yeah I'll be like 1 post/week from Feb 24-Mar 23. Maybe pop in to PW some Europe for you uncultured folk here.

I have a good friend in Frankfurt who has a car, we're gonna drive around Europe. That way I also have a home base/emergency contact.

storpappa

Silver

Post by storpappa » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:22 pm

For comparisons -
What are your picks for Best Picture, Male, Female, Supporting M/F and Director ?

justabitunusual

Silver

Post by justabitunusual » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:24 pm

schmelling wrote:
PeanutsNJam wrote:So since I'm gonna be in europe for a month, I won't have access to a gym. Any tips on how to use this time to cut without losing too much muscle mass? How should I eat on the road? BW exercises without a pullup bar? Should I curl my suitcase.

Btw I'm trying to cut like 15% -> 12%, not 25% -> 20%.
Are you out of you mind? Enjoy your trip. You will be on the go often enough, walking around. Do some pushups, crunches, jump squats if you want to work out. Eat whatever you want and worry about the rest when you aren't in a position to enjoy authentic food from amazing places.
THIS. Amen. (QFNP)

Also, I've never had Chipotle, I guess I need to get on that.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Big Red

Gold

Post by Big Red » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:26 pm

storpappa wrote:For comparisons -
What are your picks for Best Picture, Male, Female, Supporting M/F and Director ?
I think Birdman wins, though Boyhood is probably a flat-out better film. I have a friend who does film who says that people are jealous they didn't come up with the idea, and will vote accordingly.

I haven't seen enough of the nominees to pick any of the actors

justabitunusual

Silver

Post by justabitunusual » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:29 pm

Did y'all see this? Too funny.

[youtube]cUDVa69I_Hc[/youtube]

schmelling

Silver

Post removed.

Post by schmelling » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:30 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by schmelling on Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

gamerish

Gold

Post removed...

Post by gamerish » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:33 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by gamerish on Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:40 am, edited 7 times in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

nlee10

Gold

Post by nlee10 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:33 pm

PeanutsNJam wrote:I'm totally cool with just maintenance with light movement every day to keep my joints nimble I guess, I've just been making great progress over the past few months and don't want it to stop.

But yeah I'll be like 1 post/week from Feb 24-Mar 23. Maybe pop in to PW some Europe for you uncultured folk here.

I have a good friend in Frankfurt who has a car, we're gonna drive around Europe. That way I also have a home base/emergency contact.
Does your friend have/go to a gym? You could have a few days of quality gym time if he/she does.

The Abyss

Gold

Post by The Abyss » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:38 pm

schmelling wrote:
Big Red wrote:
storpappa wrote:For comparisons -
I think Birdman wins, though Boyhood is probably a flat-out better film. I have a friend who does film who says that people are jealous they didn't come up with the idea, and will vote accordingly.

I haven't seen enough of the nominees to pick any of the actors
Boyhood wins. Too ambitious a concept and too well-executed to be anything but the winner. There are some really great films in the pool this year though.
I'll mention this since we're all interested in law school, but Ethan Hawke said something during an interview on NPR the other day that was intriguing. He said because of the "7 year rule" in California, none of the people doing the film were under any sort of legal obligation to show up, work, and complete the film. They would just agree to show up and film a little bit over the years. Pretty cool I thought.
Last edited by The Abyss on Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Big Red

Gold

Post by Big Red » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:57 pm

Wasn't it filmed in Texas? I'm confused how that applies?

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:01 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

leslieknope

Silver

Post by leslieknope » Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:18 pm

schmelling wrote:
PeanutsNJam wrote:So since I'm gonna be in europe for a month, I won't have access to a gym. Any tips on how to use this time to cut without losing too much muscle mass? How should I eat on the road? BW exercises without a pullup bar? Should I curl my suitcase.

Are you out of you mind? Enjoy your trip. You will be on the go often enough, walking around. Do some pushups, crunches, jump squats if you want to work out. Eat whatever you want and worry about the rest when you aren't in a position to enjoy authentic food from amazing places.
+1. Also I lost like 10 pounds when I was backpacking through Europe and I ate and drank all the things. You're going to be walking so much that the cutting part will take care of itself.

nlee10

Gold

Post by nlee10 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:52 pm

leslieknope wrote:
schmelling wrote:

+1. Also I lost like 10 pounds when I was backpacking through Europe and I ate and drank all the things. You're going to be walking so much that the cutting part will take care of itself.
+1
1 week stay in korea = dropped 5 pounds eating and drinking all the soju I want....but also being active, using the subway, etc
1 week cruise to the Caribbeans = gained 7 pounds eating and not exercising.
Go figure.

leslieknope

Silver

Post by leslieknope » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:06 pm

So.... how soon is too soon to start checking for grey? :roll:

nlee10

Gold

Post by nlee10 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:09 pm

leslieknope wrote:So.... how soon is too soon to start checking for grey? :roll:
:wink:
I'm probably going to start checking on Thursday.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

MEAhrnsbrak

Bronze

Post by MEAhrnsbrak » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:36 pm

leslieknope wrote:So.... how soon is too soon to start checking for grey? :roll:
I'll start checking on Friday. I highly doubt they would release it any earlier. But mainly ill just check this thread and wait for everyone to go crazy. Then I'll start refreshing my lsac account until my score comes in.

leslieknope

Silver

Post by leslieknope » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:43 pm

Last time around I didn't even know it was grey day until I got my email. I was out doing stuff with a visiting friend and hadn't checked TLS all day. Kind of hoping for a repeat surprise early release, tbh... Would be nice to save some of the anxiety.

Dr. Nefario

Gold

Post by Dr. Nefario » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:03 pm

leslieknope wrote:Last time around I didn't even know it was grey day until I got my email. I was out doing stuff with a visiting friend and hadn't checked TLS all day. Kind of hoping for a repeat surprise early release, tbh... Would be nice to save some of the anxiety.
I don't plan on checking at all. I'm just gonna wait for my email prolly. No use refreshing.

EvergreenStateLady

Bronze

Post by EvergreenStateLady » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:22 pm

PeanutsNJam wrote:EvergreenStateLady is like the footnote poster, responds to and sums up the thread for the day after everybody's gone to bed.

Congrats you've carved yourself a niche.
Lol.

8)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:36 pm

usn26

Silver

Post by usn26 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:10 pm

Dirigo wrote:
RaiderRed wrote:
leslieknope wrote:Last time around I didn't even know it was grey day until I got my email. I was out doing stuff with a visiting friend and hadn't checked TLS all day. Kind of hoping for a repeat surprise early release, tbh... Would be nice to save some of the anxiety.
I don't plan on checking at all. I'm just gonna wait for my email prolly. No use refreshing.
This. I just waited for my email.
Me too. What is this grey business?

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:10 pm

leslieknope

Silver

Post by leslieknope » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:23 pm

Big Red wrote:

Why Frankfurt? It's probably my least favorite city in Germany...

I've thought about doing a similar trip but idk if I want to do it alone. Hostels alone can be hit or miss depending on who you meet there
Late but I did a two week leg of my trip alone and it was awesome. I would usually show up at the hostel in the morning, meet a bunch of people who just got there too, get a group together to go exploring, and that way had a group set up whenever I wanted to go out or do something in that city. It's also really easy to meet people if you go on the hostel's walking tour or the pub crawl they usually organize (these can be really hit or miss, though). I was basically never alone unless I wanted to be.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”