Found RC help!!!

jpSartre

Re: Found RC help!!!

Postby jpSartre » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:02 am

I was looking through the testmasters books online, and they break RC down by subject (history, law, etc.) Anyone familiar with TM's approach? Is this classification helpful?

skip james

Postby skip james » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:52 am

jpSartre wrote:I was looking through the testmasters books online, and they break RC down by subject (history, law, etc.) Anyone familiar with TM's approach? Is this classification helpful?

Personally, I think RC by subject is complete bull.

I'm still waiting for someone to organize LR by subject.. I can see it already: dinosaur extinction, physiological disorders, taxes in random non-existent countries, agriculture...

yoni45

Postby yoni45 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:54 am

skip james wrote:Personally, I think RC by subject is complete bull.

I'm still waiting for someone to organize LR by subject.. I can see it already: dinosaur extinction, physiological disorders, taxes in random non-existent countries, agriculture...

:D

skip james

Postby skip james » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:27 am

yoni45 wrote:
skip james wrote:Personally, I think RC by subject is complete bull.

:D

haha, i'm sort of looking forward to it myself.

jpSartre

Postby jpSartre » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:32 am

skip james wrote:
jpSartre wrote:I was looking through the testmasters books online, and they break RC down by subject (history, law, etc.) Anyone familiar with TM's approach? Is this classification helpful?

Personally, I think RC by subject is complete bull.

Heh heh...

Unless TM did a statistical analysis of which questions appear most frequently with which subjects. The way people kneel at that guy's feet maybe we shouldn't put that beyond him

chosun1

Postby chosun1 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:27 pm

while it wouldn't be helpful to organize it by law, history, science

there is one thing that you do notice on science passages
- they don't tend to have a clear main point in the 1st par.
- they are very detail oriented rather than hypothetical than other passages

fw22mk

Postby fw22mk » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:38 pm

Not sure if this was mentioned, but I just took the book out from the local library. They had 3 of them. I am in Howard County, MD. They also had the logic games one, but the reasoning was checked out.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”