Just took my diagnostic!

theangryviolinist

Just took my diagnostic!

Postby theangryviolinist » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:30 pm

Hi friends,

I scored a 154. It was un-timed and I went well over an hour outside of the allotted half hour time limit trying to work through the LG section, though, and the LR sections were in a pretty similar state of shabbiness. I'm not disappointed by my score but I'm not entirely thrilled with it, either. But I'm hoping to take the December 2015 LSATs so I'm sure that I'll make great strides in endurance (this took me a large portion of the day to work through) and progress in the 11 month period I have to prep (finals and midterms notwithstanding).

LG: 19/23
LR: 14/25
RC: 19/27

I'm curious to know where others in my shoes would start in the studying process? I've done some digging through the forums and I'm planning on buying the PowerScore prep books but I can't afford to buy them all at once. I was also looking at the Trainer. Any opinions and suggestions on how I should approach this from a financial perspective?

Thanks all!

Smallville

Re: Just took my diagnostic!

Postby Smallville » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:36 pm

theangryviolinist wrote:Hi friends,

I scored a 154. It was un-timed and I went well over an hour outside of the allotted half hour time limit trying to work through the LG section, though, and the LR sections were in a pretty similar state of shabbiness. I'm not disappointed by my score but I'm not entirely thrilled with it, either. But I'm hoping to take the December 2015 LSATs so I'm sure that I'll make great strides in endurance (this took me a large portion of the day to work through) and progress in the 11 month period I have to prep (finals and midterms notwithstanding).

LG: 19/23
RC: 19/27

I'm curious to know where others in my shoes would start in the studying process? I've done some digging through the forums and I'm planning on buying the PowerScore prep books but I can't afford to buy them all at once. I was also looking at the Trainer. Any opinions and suggestions on how I should approach this from a financial perspective?

Thanks all!

Trainer, Manhattan LR and 7sage free video explanations, Cambridge packets to drill from

Rigo

Postby Rigo » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:43 pm

Only buy the Powerscore LG Bible. The other two bibles aren't worth it if you're financially strapped. I would use the money saved to buy The Trainer by Mike Kim.
And definitely start saving. You'll likely need to buy much more stuff costing a few hundred dollars more.
The LG Bible & The Trainer should be able to get you started though.

lawjag2015

Postby lawjag2015 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:56 am

Dirigo wrote:Only buy the Powerscore LG Bible. The other two bibles aren't worth it if you're financially strapped. I would use the money saved to buy The Trainer by Mike Kim.
And definitely start saving. You'll likely need to buy much more stuff costing a few hundred dollars more.
The LG Bible & The Trainer should be able to get you started though.

Lol, at first I read it, ".....would use the money saved to buy train ticket to Mike Kim..."

Too late in the night.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”