any ideas on what i can do about lsat test? help!!!! Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
orzo

New

any ideas on what i can do about lsat test? help!!!!

Post by orzo » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:53 am

I am hoping someone can help me on what to do..I could use some advice. I am suppose to take the lsat in feb 2015.I have been studying on and off since lsat feb then got serious studying in sept. I took an online course but I have had trouble applying the methods to the test. I also have tutoring, but i can't seem to get higher than 151. I would like to get at least higher maybe 5 or 6 points higher and be consistent. However, my score fluctuates between 145 and 150. I don't know what to do..Do i bite the bullet and hope for the best.. or cancel and take it in june? I am not applying late for this coming school year, so application deadline is not an issue.. I am ready to cry over this, I wish to go to law school but I need to conquer this test. So quitting or some other option is not possible. any ideas? is it a good idea to take the test to "see how it is"? I have had people tell me that but I don't know if that is wise advice?!

Rigo

Diamond

Re: any ideas on what i can do about lsat test? help!!!!

Post by Rigo » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:00 am

It's unwise to take the course if you're not ready (sub-150 isn't ready). I would postpone until June.

And what materials have you used? Which online course? Which prep books?
How have you been studying?
Really walk us through what you've been doing so we can find the disconnect between time put in and lack of results.

ashca2014

New

Post by ashca2014 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:53 am

Definitely postpone and take it in June.

npt2901

New

Post by npt2901 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:33 pm

Withdrawal from feb.
Last edited by npt2901 on Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

orzo

New

Post by orzo » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:51 pm

thank you all for your ideas.. i have the powerscore bibles and i took the online blueprint. which is not bad course but the diagramming, i struggled with. i am trying to understand if for the logical reasoning, do i write out all the ones that are wrong or how do i go back over them?
same with logic games...not sure

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

RZ5646

Gold

Post by RZ5646 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:55 pm

orzo wrote:I have been studying on and off since lsat feb then got serious studying in sept. I took an online course ... I also have tutoring ... my score fluctuates between 145 and 150
Study for June or just don't go. Assuming a decent GPA, ~165 is the cutoff for law school being a smart choice... I might even say 170. </realtalk>

Dr. Nefario

Gold

Post by Dr. Nefario » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:58 pm

Definitely postpone. You can get your score up by June without a problem and there's no reason to take February unless you're just trying to negotiate scholarships for this cycle.

ETA: I dont 100% agree with the post above about 165 being the cutoff but it is a general consensus. And I'm retaking a 164...so take that as you may. Lol

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”