RC Prep Books

RZ5646

RC Prep Books

Postby RZ5646 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:10 pm

Are there any good guides for RC, or should I just try to read as many dense Economist articles as possible and hope for the best?

leslieknope

Re: RC Prep Books

Postby leslieknope » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:34 pm

Interested in this thread as well. My UG was in IR and I took a lot of theory-based classes, so reading dense passages is not new to me at all, but I have a really hard time reading the tone of RC passages. Like the questions that ask if the author is impressed/admiring/etc. Any of the prep books help with reading for that?

ilikebaseball

Postby ilikebaseball » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:36 pm

leslieknope wrote:Interested in this thread as well. My UG was in IR and I took a lot of theory-based classes, so reading dense passages is not new to me at all, but I have a really hard time reading the tone of RC passages. Like the questions that ask if the author is impressed/admiring/etc. Any of the prep books help with reading for that?

ive gotten much better recently, and usually the answer is much more apparent than you think. Usually, you can narrow it down to two, and the answer will be implicitly stated in the main point

ilikebaseball

Postby ilikebaseball » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:38 pm

as for the thread, i truly have not found a prep book that I can say "helped" me for RC. I mean, they gave me ideas on how to notate, but at the end of the day everyone does whats comfortable.

I'm a big advocator of the value of taking the most difficult passages LSAC has ever made. If you time yourself through these, you get more efficient, and by reading very dense material, it makes the others seem fairly less dense.

gamerish

Post removed...

Postby gamerish » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:07 pm

Post removed...

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”