LSAT studying 2nd year

nyckid1

LSAT studying 2nd year

Postby nyckid1 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:24 am

I'm very new to this site, so please forgive me if I'm making a mistake. If someone already asked this question, please direct me to that thread. Many thanks.

I'm entering the Spring semester of my sophomore year. While many have suggested I start studying for the LSAT three months before I plan on taking it, I don't think this will be sufficient for me. Is it too early to start now? If not, how should I start studying? Any books? At this point, I fear I'm overall very weak. I have high hopes and am willing to put in all the effort required to get a high score. Btw, my financial situation will not permit me to take an in-class course.

Thanks a ton!

mornincounselor

Post removed.

Postby mornincounselor » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:54 am

Post removed.
Last edited by mornincounselor on Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Braydenslv

Re: LSAT studying 2nd year

Postby Braydenslv » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:10 am

I'm in the same boat as you, nearly. I posted a similar topic and got the usual "focus on your GPA" advice. I'm not an authority on the subject, but I'd suggest doing what I'm doing: leaf through the prep books and take a diagnostic test, just to see where you stand. Then start reading books on logic and begin to read dense and informative publications like the Wall Street Journal, New York Times, and The Economist. All this should help create a foundation for when you actually ramp up your studying (which, if you want to start early, could probably begin ~6 months before you take the LSAT). The danger I think you'd face is running out of materials; there are only 70 or so Preptests available, and you don;t want to burn though them with months to go before you test for real, especially if your test-taking becomes more frequent as the test date approaches (as I think it should). Additionally, PennyPress/Dell sells books of word games and puzzles, and I believe they sell whole books of logic games, similar to the LSAT's LG section.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”