Critiques on My Study Plan

nhberk

Critiques on My Study Plan

Postby nhberk » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:36 pm

Hey Guys,

Long time lurker, i've read tons of posts but have rarely posted. I began studying for the LSAT this past October, taking a blueprint class to help me learn the fundamentals. My diagnostic PT was 152, but throughout the course my PT score was constantly fluctuating with an average of 155. This is with completing all of the homework that the course offered, studying 6-8 hours a day.

After the course i immediately postponed the exam and began looking online and found TLS. I also learned about Blind Review and it became apparent to me why i hadn't made much progress. Since then my score has been slowly increasing, but not by much, current score is a 157 with an average of 172 on BR.

My goal is to be averaging 170+ by the June LSAT. I have my sights set on a T14, but would go to go to UCLA with a scholarship because i currently live (and plan on continuing to live) in Los Angeles. My UG GPA is 3.74 from UC Berkeley, i have work experience at a law firm and have a letter of recommendation from a law professor at Boalt.

Current Study Plan:

Since blueprint used a good degree of the practice tests in their course i only have 14 fresh PTs (including SuperPrep and PT74 when it comes out). Because of this i'm going to be using the unused PTs sparingly, maybe once every 2-3 weeks just to measure my progress.

For practice i plan on just retaking PTs, doing 3 a week and always doing Blind Review after the fact. I also am keeping a log of all the questions that i get wrong so i can go back and review them to reaffirm the reasoning and internalize it. For drilling I have the all of the Cambridge Packs for 1-38, so if i notice a pattern in a specific question/passage/game type that i'm getting consistently getting wrong, then i can drill it without time.

One of the main issues i'm having is timing and actually getting to all the questions/passages/games. For Logical Reasoning i only end up only getting to an average of 20 questions, for Reading Comp i get to the 4th passage with only 5 minutes left and with Logic Games i rarely get to the 4th game. I've noticed that most of the time i end up spending too much time on a specific question, getting stuck between two of them and not moving on soon enough. I've read on here and other forums that timing is solved with improvement on accuracy, so i'm hoping my study plan will get me there.

So i'm wondering, am i headed in the right direction with my plan? is it overkill? Is there anything i'm missing? Is there anyway to improve on timing outside of just working on the accuracy and doing more practice tests?

nlee10

Re: Critiques on My Study Plan

Postby nlee10 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:48 pm

You're on the right track if you're aiming for June or later. I recommend purchasing the cambridge drill packets that uses PT 1-38 and work on accuracy. Timing will follow. The fact that you are getting 170+ on BR shows you have a good foundation for the basics and just need to work on timing.

jetsfan1

Postby jetsfan1 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:42 pm

Sorry Berk, not trying to hijack but Blind Review? Haven't come across that technique yet. Assuming it means going over a PT after you finish and double checking without being timed/knowing if the answer you put was correct or not. Is this credited? Anywhere I can read more about it? Thanks, and good luck! Will be taking in June as well :)

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:46 pm

jetsfan1 wrote:Sorry Berk, not trying to hijack but Blind Review? Haven't come across that technique yet. Assuming it means going over a PT after you finish and double checking without being timed/knowing if the answer you put was correct or not. Is this credited? Anywhere I can read more about it? Thanks, and good luck! Will be taking in June as well :)

http://7sage.com/the-blind-review-how-t ... at-part-1/

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”