Powerscore Logical Reasoning Bible

TrunksFan1

Powerscore Logical Reasoning Bible

Postby TrunksFan1 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:09 pm

Hey everyone, I've begun studying for the June LSAT, and I just got through the LG Bible, which I thought was fabulous. I planned on hitting the logical Reasoning bible next, but I have heard that people have some beef with the LRB, recommending Manhattan or the lsat Trainer (I have the trainer as well luckily), but I just wanted to know why this was so. What are the issues with the PS LRB?

Clyde Frog

Re: Powerscore Logical Reasoning Bible

Postby Clyde Frog » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:34 pm

TrunksFan1 wrote:Hey everyone, I've begun studying for the June LSAT, and I just got through the LG Bible, which I thought was fabulous. I planned on hitting the logical Reasoning bible next, but I have heard that people have some beef with the LRB, recommending Manhattan or the lsat Trainer (I have the trainer as well luckily), but I just wanted to know why this was so. What are the issues with the PS LRB?

Manhattan is way better for LR. I have beef with PS Bible.

griffin3575

Postby griffin3575 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:37 pm

LR bible really just has tips and tricks that attempt to get you to the right answer. Manhattan LSAT has a great method to understand the logic of each question type, not just tricks. Read both, and prefer Manhattan any day (esp for the forums.)

bobsmith82

Postby bobsmith82 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:37 pm

I'm also planning on taking the June LSAT. I'm half way done with the LG Bible and it is fantastic so far. However, the LR Bible is mediocre in my opinion. I've read the LR Bible twice now since mid December and I am still confused about some of the topics in the book. You should definitely look into other options.

TrunksFan1

Postby TrunksFan1 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:40 pm

Thank you for the advice everyone. I will look into getting a manhattan LR book then. Also, thanks Bobsmith, it's nice to hear from someone in a similar boat.

CPAlawHopefu

Postby CPAlawHopefu » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:41 pm

I, too, just finished PS LGB two days ago and came across the same dilemma as yours. I have all three Bibles and did not want the other two books to go to waste. I was looking for a way to utilize those while minimizing the time consumed.

So instead, I plan to get started with Mike's Trainer from the start to the end (covering all three sections, so I can reinforce what I learned in the Game section while learning new materials for LR), and then move on to Manhattan LR book to develop technical skills.

I wouldn't scrape PS LRB entirely though. It seems like a general consensus that PowerScore LRB actually covers the Formal Logic section more thoroughly than the Manhattan book, so I would use it as a complementary material. That way, you get the best of both worlds.

NL2424

Postby NL2424 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:42 pm

Last edited by NL2424 on Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ltowns1

Postby ltowns1 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:40 pm

TrunksFan1 wrote:Hey everyone, I've begun studying for the June LSAT, and I just got through the LG Bible, which I thought was fabulous. I planned on hitting the logical Reasoning bible next, but I have heard that people have some beef with the LRB, recommending Manhattan or the lsat Trainer (I have the trainer as well luckily), but I just wanted to know why this was so. What are the issues with the PS LRB?

Yeah I would say go over both. I used Manhattan LR after I used the lr bible and I wished I had done it the other way around. I thought about the bible as some others have stated, but when I read Manhattan the LR bIble made a lot of sense!

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:02 pm

CPAlawHopefu wrote:I, too, just finished PS LGB two days ago and came across the same dilemma as yours. I have all three Bibles and did not want the other two books to go to waste. I was looking for a way to utilize those while minimizing the time consumed.

So instead, I plan to get started with Mike's Trainer from the start to the end (covering all three sections, so I can reinforce what I learned in the Game section while learning new materials for LR), and then move on to Manhattan LR book to develop technical skills.

I wouldn't scrape PS LRB entirely though. It seems like a general consensus that PowerScore LRB actually covers the Formal Logic section more thoroughly than the Manhattan book, so I would use it as a complementary material. That way, you get the best of both worlds.

The LRB is usable, but just forget about the RCB

ilikebaseball

Postby ilikebaseball » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:07 pm

I used the Manhattan LR, Bible, AND the Trainer. For LR, I got the most out of the manhattan book. Up to you though, cuz you'll get advocates of all 3 around here

NL2424

Postby NL2424 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:21 am

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”