My family is seriously getting on my nerves!! Lol LSAT

ltowns1

My family is seriously getting on my nerves!! Lol LSAT

Postby ltowns1 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:40 pm

This really is annoying to me, so I thought that some of you guys might be able to identify and I just want to get some fustration out. Do you guys have any of those family members who feel like it's their obligation to give you guidance on something they have little knowledge about....which is of course the LSAT in my case.. Omg, Im getting the (if you were my age, you would have enough experience to know that what I'm saying is right, and what you're saying is wrong)routine. I tell them there are four wrong answers and one right answer for sure, and they say ....(no you're wrong. You should listen to me on this, I just took a standardized test not too long ago and there is one that you should just pick over the others because it's slightly better than the other) I've also gotten (I took the LSAT in the early 80's!!!!!!and I'm telling you that there is more than one answer that could be right and you really won't know which is the right one so you should just pick one and be fine with it) oh and (you'll never be more ready to take the test than once you've finished a prep course, so maybe you should think about doing that.) and the final one, (well u are a black male, so all you have to do is get a 150 and you'll get into anywhere in the country) ok ..let me emphasize that I do love these people, and I know they do it because they think they are giving the right advice......BUT SERIOUSLY SHUT THE BLANK UP lol. You have no idea of what you are talking about!!!! Maybe it was true, when you took this test 10000000 years ago but not now!!!!! I FEEL SOOO MUCH BETTER NOW LOL
Last edited by ltowns1 on Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

[s][/s]

Postby 03282016 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:41 pm

Last edited by 03282016 on Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Smallville

Re: Lsat

Postby Smallville » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:48 pm

Wahrheit wrote:Give them a PT, watch them score a 150, and get on with it. I had to do this with my dad and it solved the problem immediately.

and hope they dont score higher than you :P

ltowns1

Re: Lsat

Postby ltowns1 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:53 pm

Jgoods wrote:
Wahrheit wrote:Give them a PT, watch them score a 150, and get on with it. I had to do this with my dad and it solved the problem immediately.

and hope they dont score higher than you :P

Oh with these recommendations they prob won't! Lol

[s][/s]

Postby 03282016 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:54 pm

Last edited by 03282016 on Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

ltowns1

Re: My family is seriously getting on my nerves!! Lol LSAT

Postby ltowns1 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:55 pm

Wahrheit wrote:If they can even make it THROUGH the LGs I will be impressed - but they still probably won't score well. ;)

Exactly

Rigo

Postby Rigo » Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:09 pm

This is super tame when it comes to the law school admissions peanut gallery. Consider yourself lucky.

PeanutsNJam

Postby PeanutsNJam » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:01 pm

If they're that dumb though, they'll think a 150 is a bomb score good enough for Cornell. 160+ is only if you're some nerdy HYS striver amirite.

[s][/s]

Postby 03282016 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:04 pm

Last edited by 03282016 on Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rigo

Postby Rigo » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:14 pm

My parents keep insisting on taking me out to celebrate tomorrow and keep gushing over my percentile.
I'll let them be happy.

ltowns1

Postby ltowns1 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:21 pm

PeanutsNJam wrote:If they're that dumb though, they'll think a 150 is a bomb score good enough for Cornell. 160+ is only if you're some nerdy HYS striver amirite.

Lemme just say then.....I'm a nerd lol

Nulli Secundus

Postby Nulli Secundus » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:04 pm

Judging by the first post of this thread, I predict you will be the first person in history to be denied admissions to any law school due to your writing sample.

ltowns1

Postby ltowns1 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:53 pm

Nulli Secundus wrote:Judging by the first post of this thread, I predict you will be the first person in history to be denied admissions to any law school due to your writing sample.

I don't think my writing skills, or your admission's prediction for me is the topic up for debate here. I'll check my title just to make sure.

Nulli Secundus

Postby Nulli Secundus » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:02 am

admissions*

pancakes3

Postby pancakes3 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:59 am

And snowflakes begat snowflakes who begat snowflakes.

downbeat14

Postby downbeat14 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:08 am

Last edited by downbeat14 on Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ltowns1

Postby ltowns1 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:04 am

downbeat14 wrote:
Nulli Secundus wrote:admissions*

Feel better now that you're spell checking an anon Internet forum? Yeah! You're so cool I wish I could be like you

We should only be so lucky downbeat14...........

Hold on let me make it a formal sentence.

We should only be so lucky downbeat14. :D :D :D

ltowns1

Postby ltowns1 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:49 pm

So back to the topic at hand, and not ignorant statements made by a select few

I think that what makes it real bad is that even if they did

Take the test, they would probably find a way to say....( well that just proves you need to listen to us) lollll :) :) :) :)

Writing like this for a purpose btw.

Rigo

Postby Rigo » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:14 pm

ltowns1 wrote:So back to the topic at hand, and not ignorant statements made by a select few

Tbh, the topic at hand is basically a diary entry, so you should have expected some criticism when you dedicated an entire thread to it. Best to roll with the punches rather than get all huffy.

ltowns1

Postby ltowns1 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:56 pm

Dirigo wrote:
ltowns1 wrote:So back to the topic at hand, and not ignorant statements made by a select few

Tbh, the topic at hand is basically a diary entry, so you should have expected some criticism when you dedicated an entire thread to it. Best to roll with the punches rather than get all huffy.

I don't have to role with anything, this is the forum for which you can wright entries such as this, and I think it's fair for me to expect that the answer stay on that. It wasn't that hard for you to understand, because you replied in respect to my topic, so others should too. If someone is going to say something off topic, it's well within my right to respond accordingly. I keep things positive, and I expect the same treatment in this forum. We're all trying to get to a common goal, and this should be a place where we can do that without "wise guy" comments. I don't think that's too much to ask.
Last edited by ltowns1 on Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rigo

Postby Rigo » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:58 pm

ltowns1 wrote:
Dirigo wrote:

I don't have to role with anything, this is the forum for which you can wright entries such as this, and I think it's fair for me to expect that the answer stay on that. It wasn't that hard for you to understand, because you replied in respect to the my topic, so others should too. If someone is going to say something off topic, it's well within my right to respond accordingly. I keep things positive, and I expect the same treatment in this forum. We're all trying to get to a common goal, and this should be a place where we can do that without "wise guy" comments. I don't think that's too much to ask.

Probably better to grow some thicker skin. Law is a profession full of "wise guys." Was just a suggestion. Good luck with your family.

ltowns1

Postby ltowns1 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:08 pm

Dirigo wrote:
ltowns1 wrote:
Dirigo wrote:

I don't have to role with anything, this is the forum for which you can wright entries such as this, and I think it's fair for me to expect that the answer stay on that. It wasn't that hard for you to understand, because you replied in respect to the my topic, so others should too. If someone is going to say something off topic, it's well within my right to respond accordingly. I keep things positive, and I expect the same treatment in this forum. We're all trying to get to a common goal, and this should be a place where we can do that without "wise guy" comments. I don't think that's too much to ask.

Probably better to grow some thicker skin. Law is a profession full of "wise guys." Was just a suggestion. Good luck with your family.

Yeah, thanks for your comments. I really do appreciate it, but trust me if I told you the things I"ve been through, I don't think you would question that lol. Again, I do appreciate that you answered accordingly, but I think defending yourself against stupid comments is at the core of what it means to be a lawyer lol, and if I come across them in the legal profession, I'll deal with them accordingly as well lol. I think I'll just have to show them results, and get into law school for my family to get that i was right! Lol thanks for the advice.

Nulli Secundus

Postby Nulli Secundus » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:31 pm

ltowns1 wrote:
Dirigo wrote:

I don't have to role with anything, this is the forum for which you can wright entries such as this, and I think it's fair for me to expect that the answer stay on that. It wasn't that hard for you to understand, because you replied in respect to my topic, so others should too. If someone is going to say something off topic, it's well within my right to respond accordingly. I keep things positive, and I expect the same treatment in this forum. We're all trying to get to a common goal, and this should be a place where we can do that without "wise guy" comments. I don't think that's too much to ask.

roll*

write*

fair that I would expect the answer to stay*

rights*

ltowns1

Postby ltowns1 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:14 pm

Dirigo wrote:

Now see I'm really trying to follow your advice...lol

ltowns1

Postby ltowns1 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:34 am

Nulli Secundus wrote:
ltowns1 wrote:
Dirigo wrote:

roll*

write*

fair that I would expect the answer to stay*

rights*

You are a stupid jerk who hides behind a computer, just thought I would let you know. Try to spell check that. :D Now I'm done with this particular user. Have a great day!
Last edited by ltowns1 on Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”