HELP! Hand scoring

visionmaomao

HELP! Hand scoring

Postby visionmaomao » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:08 pm

Does anyone know if I can submit a request for hand scoring through email and what's the address? Thank you very much!

Hand

Re: HELP! Hand scoring

Postby Hand » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:56 pm

you seem to be aware of the fact that there is such a thing as the internet, given your presence on this messageboard. type in "lsat hand scoring" on google, and click on the very first result. your question is answered. now, that wasn't so fucking hard, was it?

Jeffort

Re: HELP! Hand scoring

Postby Jeffort » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:55 pm

visionmaomao wrote:Does anyone know if I can submit a request for hand scoring through email and what's the address? Thank you very much!

No, requests for hand scoring must be submitted in writing and snail mailed in (probably for legal reasons).

http://www.lsac.org/jd/lsat/handscoring

Before you decide to spend/possibly waste the $45, what do you think is wrong about your reported score regarding the answer choices marked on your bubble sheet compared to which answer choices your IRR report says you selected that your score was calculated from?

Are some of the answers listed as 'Your Response' on your IRR different than the AC bubble filled in on your answer sheet or do you have a different issue such as miss-bubbling/offsetting a stretch of answers by a row? Handscoring is limited in terms of the types of issues/situations LSAC will take action on to change a reported score.

Notice this part of the text on the LSAC page about handscoring:
LSAC will not handscore answers recorded in the test book.

If you think you miss-bubbled your answers for a series of questions in the wrong question# rows, I know of several test takers in past years that miss-gridded (as LSAC calls it) a large series of questions in a section by accidentally offsetting the series of answers by one question# row on the answer sheet where LSAC did take action and re-scored the test to fix the row offsetting mistake through handscoring, and I also know of other students that made a bubbling mistake(s) where LSAC did not correct for the bubbling mistake(s) and change the score since they deal with those types of situations on a case by case basis depending on the specifics of the situation and evidence in the case. Changing a reported score by correcting for a test takers bubbling/miss-gridding mistake(s) through handscoring is purely discretionary on LSACs end.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”