LSAT Logic Games Bible

leila_g83

LSAT Logic Games Bible

Postby leila_g83 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:34 am

Hi, I just started logic games bible, how much time do I really need for this book? I went through the logic games section of Mcgraw hill in 3 days, but everybody recommends this book. Any Thoughts?

BillsFan9907

Re: LSAT Logic Games Bible

Postby BillsFan9907 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:27 am

See how many pages you can get through in an hour. Divide those pages by the number of pages in the book and there is your answer. For a better answer, see how many pages you get done in 3 hrs (to account for the varying time of reading vs. Exercises) and then divide the total number of pages by the per hour average .

That's really the only way. Everyone moves through material at a different rate.

In my opinion the book is sort of outdated. It was THE book back in the day, but with each year better strategies come out. When you're ready the book and doing the exercises, just keep in mind that you will want to adapt those skills later on. For any games you do I'd check them against the Manhattan LSAT answers on their forum and the 7sage solutions.

NL2424

Postby NL2424 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:40 pm

Last edited by NL2424 on Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

leila_g83

Postby leila_g83 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:10 am

Seoulless wrote:See how many pages you can get through in an hour. Divide those pages by the number of pages in the book and there is your answer. For a better answer, see how many pages you get done in 3 hrs (to account for the varying time of reading vs. Exercises) and then divide the total number of pages by the per hour average .

That's really the only way. Everyone moves through material at a different rate.

In my opinion the book is sort of outdated. It was THE book back in the day, but with each year better strategies come out. When you're ready the book and doing the exercises, just keep in mind that you will want to adapt those skills later on. For any games you do I'd check them against the Manhattan LSAT answers on their forum and the 7sage solutions.

Thanks, I did as you told me and I will finish the book in 22 hours, I think its ok.
I thought that this is THE book, I have read so many good reviews about it, how it has changed their score and......
So you believe its outdated?

leila_g83

Postby leila_g83 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:13 am

zacboro wrote:When are you taking the LSAT

I haven't registered yet but I am thinking June, I have started early because its the first time I am studying for LSAT and aiming for a high score hopefully.

NL2424

Postby NL2424 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:20 am

leila_g83

Postby leila_g83 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:23 am

zacboro wrote:You'll be fine. Some people love Powerscore some people don't. I personally took all of my LG skills from Powerscore and (with practice) I've been drilling at -0/-1 timed.

Jeffort

Postby Jeffort » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:41 am

As long as you're using a recent edition hard copy or kindle version of the LGB (rather than a downloaded pdf version), it's not out of date but instead has been revised and substantially updated since it originally came out.

The version still floating around in pirated file sharing land a lot of people find .pds of is the original 232 page first edition that came out in 2002, so that one does appear out of date given when it was written and what had occurred in LG sections up to that time. The current version is 630 pages, comprehensive and up date from a major 2013 update/revision and others in previous editions and possibly another this year.

Anybody using the old pdf version floating around is missing out on a lot that the current edition covers but don't realize it unless/until they see a current version of the book or something else to figure it out.

------

Regarding how long it should take you to go through it, don't force yourself to stick to arbitrary page#/chapter goals if you don't fully understand the stuff from the current/previous chapters including having gained some fluency applying stuff by doing the drills and assigned LGs and reviewing your work thoroughly.

Everyone learns at a different pace, so focus and base your pace more on quality, understanding and slow motion (at first) practice/drilling with thorough review over quantity and a time schedule of desired deadlines. Slow down a bit at times to make sure you fully understand and are getting good at actually applying the concepts and techniques you're learning as you go before rushing into the next chapter or whatever. A lot of the stuff builds on previous stuff so rushing ahead to keep a rigid pace/deadlines without fully understanding and practicing the foundational building blocks as you go can impair how much you gain from the later chapters about the more advanced stuff.

Master the basics and build your full set of foundational skills before rushing into doing timed games and/or sections and stuff.

NL2424

Postby NL2424 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:03 pm

leila_g83

Postby leila_g83 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:11 am

Jeffort wrote:As long as you're using a recent edition hard copy or kindle version of the LGB (rather than a downloaded pdf version), it's not out of date but instead has been revised and substantially updated since it originally came out.

The version still floating around in pirated file sharing land a lot of people find .pds of is the original 232 page first edition that came out in 2002, so that one does appear out of date given when it was written and what had occurred in LG sections up to that time. The current version is 630 pages, comprehensive and up date from a major 2013 update/revision and others in previous editions and possibly another this year.

Anybody using the old pdf version floating around is missing out on a lot that the current edition covers but don't realize it unless/until they see a current version of the book or something else to figure it out.

------

Regarding how long it should take you to go through it, don't force yourself to stick to arbitrary page#/chapter goals if you don't fully understand the stuff from the current/previous chapters including having gained some fluency applying stuff by doing the drills and assigned LGs and reviewing your work thoroughly.

Everyone learns at a different pace, so focus and base your pace more on quality, understanding and slow motion (at first) practice/drilling with thorough review over quantity and a time schedule of desired deadlines. Slow down a bit at times to make sure you fully understand and are getting good at actually applying the concepts and techniques you're learning as you go before rushing into the next chapter or whatever. A lot of the stuff builds on previous stuff so rushing ahead to keep a rigid pace/deadlines without fully understanding and practicing the foundational building blocks as you go can impair how much you gain from the later chapters about the more advanced stuff.

Master the basics and build your full set of foundational skills before rushing into doing timed games and/or sections and stuff.

Thanks for your advice, I will surely start with the latest edition. I think this edition I have which a friend gave me is old because its 200 something pages!!!! :!: :!: But I really like the techniques used in Powerscore, you feel like it leaves no stone unturned. :D

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”