LSAT Gameday warm-up Tips

LSATneurotic

LSAT Gameday warm-up Tips

Postby LSATneurotic » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:40 pm

Approaching the test with a relaxed yet alert mind is essential for maximizing your potential. The day of my test, I went for a mile jog and then I read a novel by one of my favorite authors, Robert Heinlein. What did you guys do to ease the stress?

Rook

Re: LSAT Gameday warm-up Tips

Postby Rook » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:16 pm

i've heard of some people waking up early and doing a buncha games to warm up their brains, i think that's what i'll do. interested to hear other peoples thoughts.

altf4

Postby altf4 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:18 am

I've only taken the exam on mornings (gotta be at the testing center by 8:30) so one of the most important things for me was to get used to waking up at 6.

Otherwise, eat well, do or review a game you know decently well (confidence is key?), and then an LR section that feels new enough so I can hit the ground running on the actual exam!

musedreverie

Postby musedreverie » Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:53 am

Well, I didn't do any of those, but I was forced to run 20 minutes before entering the exam centre; they refused to take my photo, so I had to run down to the nearest subway station 10 minutes away frantically and take one from a photo booth there.

Turns out this aerobic frenzy helped me immensely--increased 6 points from previous official LSAT score :?

flawyers

Postby flawyers » Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:03 pm

musedreverie wrote:Well, I didn't do any of those, but I was forced to run 20 minutes before entering the exam centre; they refused to take my photo, so I had to run down to the nearest subway station 10 minutes away frantically and take one from a photo booth there.

Turns out this aerobic frenzy helped me immensely--increased 6 points from previous official LSAT score :?

Damn. I cant even imagine going through this. I was already an anxious mess going into my first take. Good job on the score. You've done us proud. I wouldve probably walked out crying and cursing out the LSAT people if they pulled that on me.

a_parm

Postby a_parm » Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:16 pm

My warm-up:

Drove 30 minutes to testing center with 20 minutes left till the exam starts. Picked up my ziplock bag from the backseat, but hold on! Where is my admission ticket?!?? I call home, its on my dining table. I was about to drive back home and not write the exam (had no other choice).... but mom force me to ask if I can hand it in at end of the exam (she would bring the admission ticket meanwhile). I went inside to try my luck and told the lady my situation. She asked if I have a passport size picture with me. I said yes, she says "don't worry we have extra admission tickets."

THIS IS HOW YOU GET YOUR BRAIN WIDE AWAKE!!!!

DivineJustice

Postby DivineJustice » Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:27 am

During the December test, I set my alarm for 6:30 AM, unfortunately not realizing that that was my weekday alarm. I woke up at 7:35 AM (thankfully not oversleeping too hard) and frantically showered, ate, and had like 5 or so minutes to do a couple LR problems. My only wish was that I had more time to freshen my brain up with a game since that last december game was really hard :(

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”