Does canceled LSAT count towards three counts?

greenapples

Does canceled LSAT count towards three counts?

Postby greenapples » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:26 pm

Hi guys!
As I'm anxiously waiting for Dec LSAT scores to come out, I have been playing around with the idea of doing a third retake either in February or June.

Then a horrendous thought came into my mind: I remember canceling/withdrawing LSAT back in 2013... does that count towards my three? When I went to my LSAC account, I only have two LSATs documented on my "LSAT status" page, without that 2013 one. Does that mean that I'll be eligible to take my third LSAT either in Feb or June?

Clearly

Re: Does canceled LSAT count towards three counts?

Postby Clearly » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:38 pm

yes it counts
also, search function.

greenapples

Postby greenapples » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:44 pm

I searched for this quite a while and LSAT states:

"You may not take the LSAT more than three times in any two-year period. This policy applies even if you cancel your score or if your score is not otherwise reported. LSAC reserves the right to cancel your registration, rescind your admission ticket, or take any other steps necessary to enforce this policy."

I never TOOK the LSAT back in 2013, I remember either withdrawing it, or having to cancel it because I missed the deadline. My 2013 one does not show up on my LSAT documents or information. When I tried registering for the June one, nothing weird popped up saying I couldn't register for it. (I didn't buy it yet though)

LeeAllen

Postby LeeAllen » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:17 pm

greenapples wrote:I searched for this quite a while and LSAT states:

"You may not take the LSAT more than three times in any two-year period. This policy applies even if you cancel your score or if your score is not otherwise reported. LSAC reserves the right to cancel your registration, rescind your admission ticket, or take any other steps necessary to enforce this policy."

I never TOOK the LSAT back in 2013, I remember either withdrawing it, or having to cancel it because I missed the deadline. My 2013 one does not show up on my LSAT documents or information. When I tried registering for the June one, nothing weird popped up saying I couldn't register for it. (I didn't buy it yet though)

If you withdrew before the deadline it does not count.

If you missed the deadline and cancelled your score, it does count.

greenapples

Postby greenapples » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:01 am

Thanks guys-

Does canceled LSAT show on your LSAT account?

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:27 am

greenapples wrote:Thanks guys-

Does canceled LSAT show on your LSAT account?

Prob not on your end, but it shows as "x" to schools

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:17 pm

greenapples wrote:I searched for this quite a while and LSAT states:

maybe im just RC failing but it seems like you are confusing what is considered a cancel... if you unregistered before the day of the test you withdrew, just didnt get any refund or have the ability to change test date, you just flat out withdrew your registration... if you take it and decide to not get your score/leave b4 test is over yada yada your score is canceled. If you stayed registered and just never showed up... well thats just stupid

Rigo

Postby Rigo » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:31 pm

Jgoods wrote:If you stayed registered and just never showed up... well thats just stupid

It's better than a cancel in that an "absence" doesn't count towards your 3 takes.

Jeffort

Postby Jeffort » Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:01 am

As long as you don't show up on test day and check-in, it doesn't count against the three times per two years limit. If you check-in on test day, it does count, simple as that. Whether it shows up on CAS report LSs see depends on whether withdrew registration before test-day (nothing shows) or not (get an absent mark on your score report).

OP, either way you're fine. GL

greenapples

Postby greenapples » Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:41 am

Thanks guys! Hope everyone enjoyed their Holidays.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”