Prephrasing answers 165+

ltowns1

Prephrasing answers 165+

Postby ltowns1 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:15 am

For those who have scored 165+, did you find Prephrasing very helpful on lr??

stray

Re: Prephrasing answers 165+

Postby stray » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:27 am

Yes, definitely. For the first 10-15 I think paraphrasing answers allows you to get them done very quickly (you eventually might be able to try and do 15 in 15 minutes). For questions like sufficient assumptions/main point/flaw, you definitely should have a pretty accurate pre-phrase. For necessary/weaken/strengthen, the "hole" or "assumption" you find will often not match your pre-phased answer, but you should still try to figure out whats wrong with the arguments (the assumptions) because it gets you thinking. Have an open mind though when looking through the answers (and not be too focused on your pre-phase). Obviously dont pre-phrase for inference questions - just have a close understanding of the stimulus and go straight to the questions (diagram if it involves complex conditional statements).

ltowns1

Postby ltowns1 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:40 am

ColumbiaBigLaw wrote:Yes, definitely. For the first 10-15 I think paraphrasing answers allows you to get them done very quickly (you eventually might be able to try and do 15 in 15 minutes). For questions like sufficient assumptions/main point/flaw, you definitely should have a pretty accurate pre-phrase. For necessary/weaken/strengthen, the "hole" or "assumption" you find will often not match your pre-phased answer, but you should still try to figure out whats wrong with the arguments (the assumptions) because it gets you thinking. Have an open mind though when looking through the answers (and not be too focused on your pre-phase). Obviously dont pre-phrase for inference questions - just have a close understanding of the stimulus and go straight to the questions (diagram if it involves complex conditional statements).

I was looking for a good detailed answer like this thanks, and I guess I'm ahead of the game because the times that I have tried it on strengthning/weakening arguments. I've found that they are actually pretty easy for me...and yet I hear a lot of people say they struggle with those types of questions and Prephrasing

mvp99

Postby mvp99 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:44 am

omg thank god this shit is over.

Nebby

Postby Nebby » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:59 am

mvp99 wrote:omg thank god this shit is over.

Amen.

stray

Postby stray » Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:03 pm

mvp99 wrote:omg thank god this shit is over.

hahahhah...I fucking dream of the day I can say this.

Elston Gunn

Postby Elston Gunn » Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:05 pm

Not really. Maybe it helps if you make a lot of stupid mistakes where you get tricked by the answers.

cavalier2015

Postby cavalier2015 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:13 pm

ColumbiaBigLaw wrote:Yes, definitely. For the first 10-15 I think paraphrasing answers allows you to get them done very quickly (you eventually might be able to try and do 15 in 15 minutes). For questions like sufficient assumptions/main point/flaw, you definitely should have a pretty accurate pre-phrase. For necessary/weaken/strengthen, the "hole" or "assumption" you find will often not match your pre-phased answer, but you should still try to figure out whats wrong with the arguments (the assumptions) because it gets you thinking. Have an open mind though when looking through the answers (and not be too focused on your pre-phase). Obviously dont pre-phrase for inference questions - just have a close understanding of the stimulus and go straight to the questions (diagram if it involves complex conditional statements).

this shit +1

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”