Logic game pieces

ltowns1

Logic game pieces

Postby ltowns1 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:25 pm

Sometimes in the heat of the moment I forget which games pieces I haven't used, are there any tips the you guys can give me to help with this, or is it just a memorization thing?

Shakawkaw

Re: Logic game pieces

Postby Shakawkaw » Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:29 pm

ltowns1 wrote:Sometimes in the heat of the moment I forget which games pieces I haven't used, are there any tips the you guys can give me to help with this, or is it just a memorization thing?

You write all the game pieces on the side, with your original/master game board. I like to write the # of game pieces and circle it so I know. Then when you are working with a question, you can always count off the game pieces you've already used and then account for the "missing" ones by referring back to master spread.

The heat of the moment gets the best of us. You'll get it.

nlee10

Postby nlee10 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:45 pm

As JY would say....."take stock of what you have". If a game board can be split into a couple mini boards, write down what you have left next to them. Another helpful hint is to circle your floaters.

Rigo

Postby Rigo » Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:33 pm

Also cross off game pieces that you have placed (do this on the rewritten list Shaka talked about next to your gamebpard).
For instance, if X is always third or if Y is always in group 3, cross it off because it's already accounted for.

For grouping games where all variables must be placed, diligently check your little list. The less restrictive the structure rules are, the easier it is to forget to place variables.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”