I can't wait to explain to everyone how I f**ked up!

M.M.

I can't wait to explain to everyone how I f**ked up!

Postby M.M. » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:21 pm

Goin back to work today, so many people are going to ask how it went. So many people confident that I'd "do great!" I already feel like a fucking clown for failing 2 years ago at this test, then failing AGAIN on Saturday. Now I get to explain over and over again why. Not too ecstatic about life right now, I gotta say ...

flash21

Re: I can't wait to explain to everyone how I fucked up!

Postby flash21 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:24 pm

honestly, you dont even know if you fucked up. i feel like i fucked up too but I've felt like that before on PT's and got the score I wanted so I'm trying to stay positive. you do the same!

M.M.

Postby M.M. » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:29 pm

flash21 wrote:honestly, you dont even know if you fucked up. i feel like i fucked up too but I've felt like that before on PT's and got the score I wanted so I'm trying to stay positive. you do the same!

Haha, I know I did, trust me. I don't want to go into the details but let's just say I guessed for 6 on RC even though I usually go -3 on it without guessing and with getting to all of the questions, and for LG I probably guessed on 7-8 even though I usually get to 18 or so of the questions and still get 5 or so wrong. The shock from LG destroying me hurt me in the next section, LR, which I'm usually good at. I know so much that I'm cancelling. Spent years working on this test and twice now it's just made a mockery of me on test day.

peppermint

Postby peppermint » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:46 pm

Last edited by peppermint on Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nothingtosee

Postby nothingtosee » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:55 pm

You are not your credentials. You are not your career. You are an individual, created to have infinite dignity and receive infinite love.

Hopefully you have another chance. If not, find someone trust talk to them about it in person, maybe cry it out, and try to, for a minute, "reboot" the way you're viewing your life, and zoom out your picture.

This totally sucks. Feel the pain. But don't get trapped by it.

hopeboaltberkeley

Postby hopeboaltberkeley » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:57 pm

M.M. wrote:
flash21 wrote:honestly, you dont even know if you fucked up. i feel like i fucked up too but I've felt like that before on PT's and got the score I wanted so I'm trying to stay positive. you do the same!

Haha, I know I did, trust me. I don't want to go into the details but let's just say I guessed for 6 on RC even though I usually go -3 on it without guessing and with getting to all of the questions, and for LG I probably guessed on 7-8 even though I usually get to 18 or so of the questions and still get 5 or so wrong. The shock from LG destroying me hurt me in the next section, LR, which I'm usually good at. I know so much that I'm cancelling. Spent years working on this test and twice now it's just made a mockery of me on test day.

I feel you. I had a very similar experience

Rigo

Postby Rigo » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:04 pm

Why tell everyone you f'd up?
Just say "I did fine but I think I can do better next time" or something like that.
Nobody likes an Eeyore.

Actus Reus

Postby Actus Reus » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:14 pm

nothingtosee wrote:You are not your credentials. You are not your career. You are an individual, created to have infinite dignity and receive infinite love.

Hopefully you have another chance. If not, find someone trust talk to them about it in person, maybe cry it out, and try to, for a minute, "reboot" the way you're viewing your life, and zoom out your picture.

You are your credentials wrt the legal profession. Sorry but it's the truth. Cooley law guy will always feel inadequate at his law firm if he's lucky to get a job.

Sheriff

Postby Sheriff » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:18 pm

If you think the LSAT is tough just wait until you have to take finals in law school.

downbeat14

Postby downbeat14 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:22 pm

Last edited by downbeat14 on Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

nothingtosee

Postby nothingtosee » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:38 pm

Actus Reus wrote:
nothingtosee wrote:You are not your credentials. You are not your career. You are an individual, created to have infinite dignity and receive infinite love.

You are your credentials wrt the legal profession. Sorry but it's the truth. Cooley law guy will always feel inadequate at his law firm if he's lucky to get a job.

Vandy law guy will always feel inadequate at this law firm if it's full of Duke grads
NYU guy will feel inadequate to HYS
HS will feel inadequate to Y
Everyone will feel inadequate to those with SCOTUS clerkships.

If fear motivates OP to perform at his full LSAT ability, that's good.
But at some point you need to have a standard for happiness that doesn't depend on the recognition of others.

Actus Reus

Postby Actus Reus » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:59 pm

^^ law is the wrong profession for you if you desire happiness

Danger Zone

Postby Danger Zone » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:12 pm

Nobody fails the LSAT, moron. No wonder you keep fucking up.

M.M.

Postby M.M. » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:44 pm

Dirigo wrote:Why tell everyone you f'd up?
Just say "I did fine but I think I can do better next time" or something like that.
Nobody likes an Eeyore.

Honestly? Because I don't want to lie. I wasn't going to go into it, but just a "not very well" (which of course will be met by "aaahhh c'mon you did fine!"). That said, it's still a constant reminder of my utter failure.

Rigo

Postby Rigo » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:46 pm

M.M. wrote:
Nobody likes an Eeyore.

Honestly? Because I don't want to lie. I wasn't going to go into it, but just a "not very well" (which of course will be met by "aaahhh c'mon you did fine!"). That said, it's still a constant reminder of my utter failure.

I didn't take into account your need for attention, so follow your dreams! :mrgreen:

M.M.

Postby M.M. » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:53 pm

Dirigo wrote:
M.M. wrote:
Nobody likes an Eeyore.

I didn't take into account your need for attention, so follow your dreams! :mrgreen:

M.M.

Postby M.M. » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:56 pm

Yeah, I know getting back in the right mindset is the key. I really don't know if I've ever had anything rattle me like this before though, and my life definitely changed on Saturday no matter what mindset I put on, for the worst. Thanks for the post though, I'll be back on the train in a couple days.

M.M.

Postby M.M. » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:56 pm

peppermint wrote:
M.M. wrote:

When/are you going to be retaking?

The next test. After another 100-200 hours of studying hahaha

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”