Should I RETAKE

visionmaomao

Should I RETAKE

Postby visionmaomao » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:54 am

Just took the Dec test in China. Heard the LG was really hard from my friend who took it in the U.S.. Since LGs have been getting harder, I expected a really difficult LG as well. LG is my weakest section but it turns out to be not that hard. I've never used an analog watch during my PTs, so I failed to calculate time. I didn't pay attention to when each sections starts and had totally no idea how much time had gone. As a result, I found myself spent too much time on the first pages of each section and had to rush through the others.
I got around 166-172 in my PTs but I felt extremely unsure about this test. Since I rushed through a lot of questions, the worst situation may happen that I can't even get onto 160, which will be even lower than my first ever PT.
My goal was NYU/Duke, Georgetown, GWU & USC the minimum I would accept. My UGPA is 3.7+
The bad thing about taking it outside U.S. is it's nondisclosure and I won't even know my raw score, not mentioning what I got for each section.
I am not sure if I still want to go to law school to spend three years of life, but I feel I can do much better on LSAT. This performance is far from what I can achieve. So, any advice, should I retake? Thanks

visionmaomao

Re: Should I RETAKE

Postby visionmaomao » Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:01 am

Also, does anyone know how do they curve for outside U.S. site? I know it's different tests. Do they curve together or separately? How does the curve work?

Ron Don Volante

Postby Ron Don Volante » Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:18 am

obviously retake and take your PTs more seriously.

Sounds like you're in a good place otherwise. You should seriously doubt this path and use it really as a last resort, and if you do go down it, you're right to exclusively consider such schools (though I would cut GW out of that list, unless you're a stem undergrad, but I would still be very hesitant).

Your score will be the same internationally as if you took it in the U.S.

mist4bison

Postby mist4bison » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:14 am

Ron Don Volante wrote:obviously retake and take your PTs more seriously.

Sounds like you're in a good place otherwise. You should seriously doubt this path and use it really as a last resort, and if you do go down it, you're right to exclusively consider such schools (though I would cut GW out of that list, unless you're a stem undergrad, but I would still be very hesitant).

I don't see how this is an obvious retake...

OP, if you aren't sure you want to go to law school, then 1) don't go and 2) there's no reason to retake. Otherwise, just wait for your score to be released to decide. You're dealing in hypotheticals right now; wait until you have a solid score to make any decisions.

musedreverie

Postby musedreverie » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:14 am

visionmaomao wrote:The bad thing about taking it outside U.S. is it's nondisclosure and I won't even know my raw score, not mentioning what I got for each section.
I am not sure if I still want to go to law school to spend three years of life, but I feel I can do much better on LSAT. This performance is far from what I can achieve. So, any advice, should I retake? Thanks

It sucks doesn't it, for us international LSAT takers that our exams don't get published :(

On a different note, why, if you're not sure you want to go to law school anyway, do you want to retake the LSAT? I think you should rethink career path, work, travel, have fun and come back in a few years if you're still set on going to law school to apply then (and possibly retake LSAT then)

Ron Don Volante

Postby Ron Don Volante » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:47 am

mist4bison wrote:
Ron Don Volante wrote:obviously retake and take your PTs more seriously.

I don't see how this is an obvious retake...

OP, if you aren't sure you want to go to law school, then 1) don't go and 2) there's no reason to retake. Otherwise, just wait for your score to be released to decide. You're dealing in hypotheticals right now; wait until you have a solid score to make any decisions.

Well yeah obviously he shouldn't retake if he decides not to go to law school...

But if he does want to it's going to be an obvious retake situation, in all likelihood

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”