Should I cancel

Should I cancel

Postby FeteGalante » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:52 am

I am new to this forum and I don't know if this is the right place to ask the question. I have been preparing for 3 months now and I just took the December LSAT in Asia. I registered for the September one but ended up withdrawing (btw does this count toward the 3 times?) because I felt like I am not prepared. So I took some classes and my PTs are ranging from 163-169 mostly, depending on how well I do the games and the RC, I did about 15 timed PTs before I took the test and studied 6-7 hrs per day.

So today I went in and took the exam. I killed the first RC and LR. But on the games I found it so hard that I had to guess 1Q on game 1, and when I am on game 2, I did like 2-3 Qs and moved onto game 3, while still finding it too difficult and time consuming I moved to game 4 and finished it with confidence, and then went back to G2 and G3 finishing them but had to guess on a couple, I felt like that I made educated guesses but I am very not sure. I think the games are different in Asia and I heard people complaining that it was difficult during the break. However after the break I started section 4 in LR, it was a bit more difficult and I had to guess on 2, but other Qs I felt confident, and Section 5 was another RC, and after the exhaustion I don't think I did well, particularly on the first passage I had a hard time figuring out the author's perspective, and basically rushed through the rest (I believe this is the real RC)

I have a GPA of 3.72 and I was hoping that I could get a 166+ this time. I was also hoping to apply for 2015 fall, aiming for Cornell NYU Georgetown and possibly Emory, and if I can't get in these T20 schools I would rather wait a year to apply for the next cycle.

The problem is, I felt really bad of today's exam and although there is usually a generous December curve, I feel like I am not even getting to the 160s. The game destroyed my mood and the harder LR and RC in section 4 and 5 just made it worse (clearly worse than my PTs I have to say). Should I still have the slightest hope of getting around 165 and try to apply for 2015, or should I just cancel to avoid a potential 160 score? I am feeling very anxious now since the test did not go well at all for me, and I am worried that a 160 or potential below 160 score this time would hinder my application for the next cycle even if I managed to get 168+ next time.

Re: Should I cancel

Postby visionmaomao » Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:00 am

I also just took the test in Asia today. Same here for RC. I got my experimental on RC. but the first passage on real RC is really hard (it took my 15 minutes so I had to rush through the rest). Also felt bad on the second LR, stuck on the first page for 10 more minutes and the second for another 10 more.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”