Settling for an insufficient score or changing career paths

Effingham

Re: Settling for an insufficient score or changing career paths

Postby Effingham » Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:23 pm

Last edited by Effingham on Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hands

Postby Hands » Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:00 am

scottidsntknow wrote:WUSTL 1L here.

First, don't go to SLU.

Second, if you want WUSTL and can get a 167+ you'll get in and should be able to get pretty good money. While 27 would be older for law school, if you're social and want to enjoy the social scene of law school it won't be a detriment, at least not here.

Also I'd say if you want WUSTL because you want to get a job in STL, I'd tell you to move here and work while you're waiting to retake, because the STL market is crazy about ties.

Yeah, I currently work in St. Louis. I've done some homework on Wash U and have long decided it's the place for me. It's very frustrating that my inability to transfer my testing abilities to the actual test day is likely to prevent me from ever attending. It's beyond depressing.

However, I reckon that even my cold score of 163 would put me in line for some good scholarships at SLU: I believe even their 75th percentile of applicants only score in the high 150's. Do you have anything anecdotal about friends or colleagues who have tried their hand in the St. Louis market with a SLU law degree?

chuckbass

Postby chuckbass » Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:05 am

Hands wrote:
scottidsntknow wrote:WUSTL 1L here.

First, don't go to SLU.

Second, if you want WUSTL and can get a 167+ you'll get in and should be able to get pretty good money. While 27 would be older for law school, if you're social and want to enjoy the social scene of law school it won't be a detriment, at least not here.

Also I'd say if you want WUSTL because you want to get a job in STL, I'd tell you to move here and work while you're waiting to retake, because the STL market is crazy about ties.

Yeah, I currently work in St. Louis. I've done some homework on Wash U and have long decided it's the place for me. It's very frustrating that my inability to transfer my testing abilities to the actual test day is likely to prevent me from ever attending. It's beyond depressing.

However, I reckon that even my cold score of 163 would put me in line for some good scholarships at SLU: I believe even their 75th percentile of applicants only score in the high 150's. Do you have anything anecdotal about friends or colleagues who have tried their hand in the St. Louis market with a SLU law degree?

Ah ok that's good that you're already here. And I don't since I'm not from here and don't know anyone at SLU, but I know things aren't necessarily rosy here so I couldn't imagine the stress of going to a TT. Also, the STL market is small, and it's not easy to crack even with ties and good grades from WUSTL.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”