if I have to re-take, when should I begin studying again

flash21

if I have to re-take, when should I begin studying again

Postby flash21 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:42 pm

Sup guys,

Basically, got ripped apart on games today, possibly on RC too. Felt fine on LR but the sentiment on TLS seems to be that one was unreal hard so I am pretty sketched out..

If I must retake (UGH) when would be good to start studying again? I lose my LSAT ability relatively quickly and would probably aim to prep for June / September, Feb would be a no-go.

monadologist

Re: if I have to re-take, when should I begin studying again

Postby monadologist » Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:13 pm

man I might be in the same boat, LG totally destroyed me today.

hillz

Postby hillz » Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:27 pm

If I were in your position, I woukd give myself the 3 weeks before scores come out completely off. Would probably do some light prep/review afterwards and then getting going hard in Feb or March. I guess part of it depends on whether you think you underperformed because of the stress of test day or because you didn't study enough. If the former, you should focus more on nerves and on continuing to build on your prepping base from before. If the latter, you'll need to come up with a new strategy and really crack down and focus.

mornincounselor

Post removed.

Postby mornincounselor » Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:31 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by mornincounselor on Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

flash21

Postby flash21 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:36 pm

I honestly was not even that nervous. I felt very tired and stressed (probably only got a 2-3 real hours of sleep). Yet still, I just felt like the last 2 games were simply hard. I wasn't super nervous or anything. I also felt like that mexican passage was very hard. but games was a shit show.. I basically guessed the last two games. almost 100 percent guessed game 3, aside from the first question I think.

the very first game, I actually just froze up for a good two minutes. Its like I forgot how to do games for a second even though the game was very easy. Got it done in like 7 min I believe though.

I guess if I need to-retake, I'll need to just prep better.

Looking for some more feedback on when to start studying again? May just do a medium between the two and take a week or so.

h3jk5h

Postby h3jk5h » Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:03 pm

The third game really got me.

I didn't completely understand the rules and the game in general, it seemed atypical.

How to avoid this in the future?

Wasr

Postby Wasr » Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:54 pm

Logic games killed me too... You're not alone at least :(

hillz

Postby hillz » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:13 pm

h3jk5h wrote:The third game really got me.

I didn't completely understand the rules and the game in general, it seemed atypical.

I had no clue what to do with the last LG on the June test. The only thing that helped me afterwards was to drill games, especially miscellaneous games and the types that were tricky for me, over and over again.

flash21

Postby flash21 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:38 pm

hillz wrote:
h3jk5h wrote:The third game really got me.

I had no clue what to do with the last LG on the June test. The only thing that helped me afterwards was to drill games, especially miscellaneous games and the types that were tricky for me, over and over again.

I honestly felt like I did this. I just don't think I'll ever be one of the -0 LG people (although everyone makes it seem like its standard here). Maybe I'm being a bit pessimistic but I drilled games a lot and usually got 15-19

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”