December 2014 Non-US LSAT Waiters Thread

The Avatar

Re: December 2014 Non-US LSAT Waiters Thread

Postby The Avatar » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:48 pm

bcc14 wrote:I wrote in Canada. I had LG, LR, LG, LR, RC. I seem to remember having the rug colours/photographers as my section 3, but I could be mistaken. I can't remember what I had for Section 1 at all, wish I could remember. All I know is that I did really well on Section 3 but found Section 1 really hard. Hoping I'm remembering correctly and did indeed have the rugs for Section 3, as that has been confirmed as the real section I believe.

I'm afraid the consensus is that the real LG with the rugs game was the first section. I wrote in Canada as well. The experimental LG was far easier.

boka91

Postby boka91 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:43 pm

I'm pretty sure it was, but my memory is also a bit fuzzy. Any Asia test takers want to venture a guess as to the exam's curve?[/quote]

In the last couple of years, all the tests that had 100 questions had either -10 or -11. Not sure if that is any kind of an indicator though.

How did you feel about LG?

ezpz

Postby ezpz » Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:03 am

Since this thread has been pretty lame, I figured I'd try to get the ball rolling. I'd really like to know which of my LRs was experimental. For everyone with only two LRs, please let me know if any of the below material looks familiar. Thanks!

LR1 (25) (think this was probably the experimental, tho hoping not. Killed it!)
Easy 
- Schools of fish and robotic cars (navigation principle)
- Roman Britain, tar remnants on inside of bowls
- (this one may have been from a different LR, tough to remember) lab rats, some chemical, and its effect on the benefits of exercise.

LG (23)
1) mod edit: do not say the kind of game
2) don't recall, but finished quickly and without difficulty
3) hardest of the bunch, no unlocking inferences, but also doable.
Weds (pm) and Friday (am+pm) sessions. 5 ppl.
4) figured out the setup, which made it pretty simple.
Long/Short films + mod edit: do not say the kind of game

LR2 (25)
Much harder than the first. Time was an issue, which it almost never is for me.
- TV screens, compound vs noncompound, size and brightness 
- (possibly from different LR section) hotel has poor online advertising strategy b/c focuses on price, whereas most guests who post online comments say the ocean views are its best feature.
--
LR3 (25)
Maybe the hardest of the LR, was very pressed for time again, which is unusual for me.
- ratio of t32/34 and mars
- "whom" will go obsolete
- (possibly from different LR section) most lawyers consider info on internet to fall under copy right law. But language similar to real estate. So real estate law should apply.
- (possibly from different LR section) restaurant X's competitor says it's unlikely X has fresh okra

RC (27)
Found this ridiculously difficult. First passage was very dense, a lot of questions. Second slightly less so but still required more time than usual. Saw the contents of the third and thought "what the hell is this? three tough ones in a row?!" Had probably four minutes to read and complete answers for the final passage, forced to flat out guess #27. Never had to guess an RC q on any PTs.
1) heirloom crops
2) Public funding for the arts (comparative)
3) Corporate bankruptcy laws
4) Dino fossils, sand storm, alternate theory

trev_k

Postby trev_k » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:29 am

ezpz wrote:Since this thread has been pretty lame, I figured I'd try to get the ball rolling. I'd really like to know which of my LRs was experimental. For everyone with only two LRs, please let me know if any of the below material looks familiar. Thanks!

Easy 
- (this one may have been from a different LR, tough to remember) lab rats, some chemical, and its effect on the benefits of exercise.

LG (23)

LR2 (25)
- (possibly from different LR section) hotel has poor online advertising strategy b/c focuses on price, whereas most guests who post online comments say the ocean views are its best feature.
--
LR3 (25)
Maybe the hardest of the LR, was very pressed for time again, which is unusual for me.
- (possibly from different LR section) most lawyers consider info on internet to fall under copy right law. But language similar to real estate. So real estate law should apply.
- (possibly from different LR section) restaurant X's competitor says it's unlikely X has fresh okra

RC (27)
Found this ridiculously difficult. First passage was very dense, a lot of questions. Second slightly less so but still required more time than usual. Saw the contents of the third and thought "what the hell is this? three tough ones in a row?!" Had probably four minutes to read and complete answers for the final passage, forced to flat out guess #27. Never had to guess an RC q on any PTs.
1) heirloom crops

I exactly had the same structure as yours and still wondering which would be the experimental section.
Someone who talked with 2 lr sections taker noted that the one with parallel flaw question about ninth floor and spacious one is the experimental one. Can you verify which section the question was in?

And RC was horrible!

Veronica2015

Postby Veronica2015 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:51 am

ezpz wrote:Since this thread has been pretty lame, I figured I'd try to get the ball rolling. I'd really like to know which of my LRs was experimental. For everyone with only two LRs, please let me know if any of the below material looks familiar. Thanks!

Easy 

LG (23)

LR2 (25)
--
LR3 (25)

RC (27)
1) heirloom crops

Good memory! I had a RC experimental. According to what you wrote, I am (90%) sure that the 1st is experimental.

Veronica2015

Postby Veronica2015 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:02 am

boka91 wrote:In the last couple of years, all the tests that had 100 questions had either -10 or -11. Not sure if that is any kind of an indicator though.

Sounds like a solid guess :( A -10 curve v. a -13 one makes a HUGE difference...

I think the first two games are a bit harder than what normally are for the first two. The last two are relatively easy, which balances out.

XYL42

Postby XYL42 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:09 am

Easy 

LG (23)

LR2 (25)
--
LR3 (25)

RC (27)
1) heirloom crops

Hmmm.... I only had 2 LR section. The first one had TV screens question, and the second one had sulfur 32/34. So it seemed like your second and third LR sections were real!

XYL42

Postby XYL42 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:22 am

boka91 wrote:I'm pretty sure it was, but my memory is also a bit fuzzy. Any Asia test takers want to venture a guess as to the exam's curve?

In the last couple of years, all the tests that had 100 questions had either -10 or -11. Not sure if that is any kind of an indicator though.

I hope it's a -13 curve. I also never run out on time for LR section, but it happened for me on the second LR section. I guessed on at least three questions. As for the LG and RC, it was similar in difficulty level to prep test 73, so I hope it'a also a -13 curve.

boka91

Postby boka91 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:24 pm

quote="Veronica2015"]
boka91 wrote:In the last couple of years, all the tests that had 100 questions had either -10 or -11. Not sure if that is any kind of an indicator though.

Sounds like a solid guess :( A -10 curve v. a -13 one makes a HUGE difference...

I think the first two games are a bit harder than what normally are for the first two. The last two are relatively easy, which balances out.[/quote]

I spent 9.5 mins on the first game which def. threw me off and had me rushing through the other ones.

ezpz

Postby ezpz » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:59 am

Veronica2015 wrote:Good memory! I had a RC experimental. According to what you wrote, I am (90%) sure that the 1st is experimental.

Thanks Veronica2015 and XYL42. Figured as much.

The interesting thing to come out of what will likely be a tragedy (for me at least) come score release day is that the experimental LR seems to have been the same in the US and Asia. I lurked the US Dec. waiters thread and found that theirs contained some of the same questions. This could be one of their metrics for equating tests...

The writing prompt was also the same, tho this comes as less of a surprise.

Veronica2015

Postby Veronica2015 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:04 am

Would like to reunion my fellow international waiters! Will our score be released on the same day as North America (which is predicted as 2 Jan)? I searched the forum for past dec score release dates for international test centers but found nothing.

romano

Postby romano » Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:43 am

Veronica2015 wrote:Would like to reunion my fellow international waiters! Will our score be released on the same day as North America (which is predicted as 2 Jan)? I searched the forum for past dec score release dates for international test centers but found nothing.

One of my friends took the September LSAT in the middle east and got his score on the same day as NA.

ezpz

Postby ezpz » Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:58 pm

GREY!!!!!!!!!! Oh, the insanity!!

Gluck all. Are we ready for this!?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”