Online LSAT Prep Course

jamescraig33

Online LSAT Prep Course

Postby jamescraig33 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:33 pm

I am looking for an online test prep recommendation. I have started reviewing the Powerscore Bibles, but since the LSAT is brand new to me, I need accurate advice. I am active duty military and a married father of 3. I cannot afford a tutor and I am not in a location for live in class instruction so the live online versions are what I am seeking. I have not taken a prep test yet, but with what little self-assessments I have taken, I feel like I would be in a 140 range. I have not been exposed to the LR and LG foundations in the past so again...kind of call myself an LSAT virgin at this point. My goal is to take the LSAT in June 2015 as I am close to military retirement. Any help?

Powerscore?

Testmasters?

Princeton Review?

Kaplan?

nlee10

Re: Online LSAT Prep Course

Postby nlee10 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:34 pm

7Sage

KMart

Postby KMart » Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:51 pm

I took Testmasters and wouldn't recommend it. You can get the same information through self-study. This forum has a lot of guides on how to go about doing it.

jamescraig33

Postby jamescraig33 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:40 pm

Thanks!

Just wanted to update and get a mass feedback:

I researched 7sage ultimate and blueprint movie 2.0. The blueprint representative told me that since I am taking the June 2015 LSAT, that their program is designed to start in February and go through my test date. He recommended me to wait until then to begin. However...I am impatient and want to start now....

So 7sage can give me access up to a year with ultimate. I am thinking about paying for it, and using it up until February hits and have a decision point to switch to blueprint, stay with 7sage, or do both at the same time. Thoughts?

JackelJ

Postby JackelJ » Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:53 pm

I did blueprint and liked it. They try to be "fun and funny" in the videos by using some jokes that can sometimes be slightly immature are definitely geared to people aged 18-25, but overall I thought it didn't take away from the content of the course and I even laughed a couple times. And I would NOT listen to the blue print person you talked to and sign up before February. In my opinion there is way too much material to get through in the 3 months they "schedule" for the course. I actually postponed until February after taking their summer course because I did not feel like I got through enough of the material. They should definitely let you sign up now and keep access until the June test, if not I heard great things about 7sage.

nlee10

Postby nlee10 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:58 pm

JackelJ wrote:I did blueprint and liked it. They try to be "fun and funny" in the videos by using some jokes that can sometimes be slightly immature are definitely geared to people aged 18-25, but overall I thought it didn't take away from the content of the course and I even laughed a couple times. And I would NOT listen to the blue print person you talked to and sign up before February. In my opinion there is way too much material to get through in the 3 months they "schedule" for the course. I actually postponed until February after taking their summer course because I did not feel like I got through enough of the material. They should definitely let you sign up now and keep access until the June test, if not I heard great things about 7sage.

Yep. This is why I postponed as well. I wasn't able to fully work out my timing. I initially enjoyed the BP video explanations but ultimately got tired of their theme.

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:54 pm

jamescraig33 wrote:I am looking for an online test prep recommendation. I have started reviewing the Powerscore Bibles, but since the LSAT is brand new to me, I need accurate advice. I am active duty military and a married father of 3. I cannot afford a tutor and I am not in a location for live in class instruction so the live online versions are what I am seeking. I have not taken a prep test yet, but with what little self-assessments I have taken, I feel like I would be in a 140 range. I have not been exposed to the LR and LG foundations in the past so again...kind of call myself an LSAT virgin at this point. My goal is to take the LSAT in June 2015 as I am close to military retirement. Any help?

Powerscore?

Testmasters?

Princeton Review?

Kaplan?

lol

nlee10 wrote:7Sage

+1 (you can make a free account which you can check out a few free lessons to get a feel of how the videos are, highly recommend)

jamescraig33 wrote:I researched 7sage ultimate and blueprint movie 2.0. The blueprint representative told me that since I am taking the June 2015 LSAT, that their program is designed to start in February and go through my test date. He recommended me to wait until then to begin. However...I am impatient and want to start now....

So 7sage can give me access up to a year with ultimate. I am thinking about paying for it, and using it up until February hits and have a decision point to switch to blueprint, stay with 7sage, or do both at the same time. Thoughts?
[quote="jamescraig33"] thats just silly... from what I understand a lot of it is basics so why start studying now, get most basics down, then pay a crazy amount of money for a course that will start really helping you right b4 its time to actually take the test? I never have done BP and nlee has been steady progressing like a champ but he ended up postponing for the very reason of the course not giving enough time afterwards to fully bring everything together and hit that top score. Im not saying no to BP, just no to waiting to start in feb for a course that will go up until test date. but a lot of courses out there have samples to check out. Velocity is another one with a bunch of free stuff you might wanna check out. Almost went with them b4 deciding on 7sage

TheodoreKGB

Postby TheodoreKGB » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:24 pm

Last edited by TheodoreKGB on Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

jamescraig33

Postby jamescraig33 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:51 pm

Thanks...I agree all. No way should I sit and wait because it meets some prep courses calander style. I think I'm going to sign up for 7sage.

My undergrad gpa from lsac is 3.67, my degree is 3.74, and I have a masters gpa of 3.92. My resume is full of 23 years as an army officer, my personal statement is going to be unique with my military experience, I just need to do well on the LSAT.
I'm new to this test so any prep course will be learning from step one, as I have yet to take even a diagnostic.

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:54 pm

jamescraig33 wrote:Thanks...I agree all. No way should I sit and wait because it meets some prep courses calander style. I think I'm going to sign up for 7sage.

My undergrad gpa from lsac is 3.67, my degree is 3.74, and I have a masters gpa of 3.92. My resume is full of 23 years as an army officer, my personal statement is going to be unique with my military experience, I just need to do well on the LSAT.
I'm new to this test so any prep course will be learning from step one, as I have yet to take even a diagnostic.

a true diagnostic is before any prep so don't dive into anything until you do that... is it super important? eh debatable but its nice to see where you started and how far you get... but yeah favorite thing about online courses/lessons is you can watch them over and over... and a lot of 7sage vid's have a written out thing of the video incase you like to read and listen in order to learn

JackelJ

Postby JackelJ » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:18 pm

There's a free lsat on LSAC's website that you can take as your diagnostic and then you'll have a rough idea of how much time you will need to prep for based on how much you want to raise your score

jamescraig33

Postby jamescraig33 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:57 pm

I have downloaded and already pre-screened that test. So it would be invalid. Like I said, I have never had any previous experience with lg or lr questions before so I didn't understand the diagraming concept and drawing inferences so I honestly think taking it would be more like a kick in the nuts than anything. So I have the powerscore lr and lg bibles and have been self studing for a few weeks. Now I know I have a general idea of what the LSAT is like, I just haven't mastered all the concepts. I think the 7sage program gives a diagnostic during the first week or so so I will use it as my initial. I'll be sure to post my results here in case anyone follows.
I live in the "great state" of Missouri. My family is from here so I can't leave even for law school. I'm limited to applying for Mizzou, SLU, or washu.

rseaney

Postby rseaney » Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:17 pm

jamescraig33 wrote:Thanks!

Just wanted to update and get a mass feedback:

I researched 7sage ultimate and blueprint movie 2.0. The blueprint representative told me that since I am taking the June 2015 LSAT, that their program is designed to start in February and go through my test date. He recommended me to wait until then to begin. However...I am impatient and want to start now....

Just wanted to chime in -- remember you can always register now and then extend your course through June, if you think that'd be most helpful. Feel free to PM if you have any further questions:)

Best of luck,

Blueprint LSAT Prep

TheodoreKGB

Postby TheodoreKGB » Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:40 pm

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”